“Great course” 5 of 5 stars

Glenwood, Maryland
11 attraction reviews
“Great course”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

It has some spectacular views and offers a great track with nice greens. the staff is very attentive

Plano, TX
11 attraction reviews
“Wow!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Last year we were supposed to play the course but it had rained so much the course was unplayable/closed. The GM was kind enough to let us take a couple of carts and drive the course for a "look see". So, for a whole year, we had the images from that quick tour teasing us with what we'd missed out on. This year, it had again rained a bunch the night before our round, but the course was open, and we got there excited like little kids the night before Christmas. With all the expectations, I have to say the course did not disappoint! The practice green offers an almost 180° view over several lakes and the first hole and is pretty spectacular in its own right. From that first tee shot careening out of sight downhill to the last iron over the ravine into the narrow 18th with all sorts of places to avoid at all costs, the course alternates between really good and just amazing, with no letdowns of any sort. That is a rare quality in a golf course.

This course is a bit off the beaten track, but it is so good, and the staff so nice, that you should splash the cash and make the drive to enjoy it for yourself!

London
4 attraction reviews
“Best golf experience ever!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

A group of 9 of us golfed here Wednesday afternoon and twice Thursday. Course was fantastic, staff were the best and views that need to be seen to be believed!
This is our 3rd year making this trip from Canada and it will be on the list again for many years to come! Simply fantastic!!!!

Plano, TX
“Simply Spectacular”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

As my friends and I stood on the putting green adjacent to the Belgrade Lakes GC clubhouse on what I presume is the highest spot on the property, our view was for miles as we viewed Great Pond on our right and Long Pond on our left. We were already mesmerized by the vistas, and we had not yet ventured toward the first tee. However, that soon followed, and we were welcomed by an initial tee shot that required a slight draw with as much club as you felt comfortable hitting to a fairway that was 40-50 feet below the tee box.

There had been more than 5 inches of rain that fell on the course in the 24 hours that preceded our round, but the course was still very playable. In fact, we played the ball down and rarely had to deal with mudballs or casual water. I was amazed that a course could recover so quickly and represent itself so well after that kind of weather event.

In fact, rainfall or not, the conditioning of the course it sure to be one of the memories you will take from the experience. It is kept in immaculate condition, and I can only imagine how differently it might play when drier and faster.

There are many memorable holes.... I particularly liked the par 3 fifth. It is, perhaps, the easiest of the par threes, but it's picture could be on the cover of a New England calendar. Also memorable is the par 4 ninth with it's semi-blind tee shot that bends gently to the left and leaves a well positioned drive with a slighty downhill lie to an uphill target. That target is part of a double green that includes the 18th as well. I don't know the prevailing wind, but for us this day the approach was directly into it. With the clubhouse perched on the peak of the hill behind the 9th and 18th, it is as if you are playing into an amphitheater.

After the round, you must budget time for lunch or a beer on the deck that overlooks the 9th and 18th holes. With the cool breezes rustling through the trees that cast splotches of warm sunshine across the deck, it is the perfect place to relive your round.

I can't conclude without mentioning the staff. Just great folks who treat everyone like a member and go out of their way to make sure your every need is met. (Special thanks to Margie, who spent time with me helping me select a gift for my wife). The pro shop staff as well as the outside staff were professional and friendly. Even the maintenance staff, with whom we conversed on the golf course, were courteous and obviously proud of the facility they were maintaining. That attitude was justified. This is a destination golf course well worth putting on your "must play" list.

“Breathtaking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to play Belgrade Lakes Golf Course in early September of 2013. I found the course to be an outstanding condition with the fairways excellent and the greens also excellent. The views from the different tees as well as the fairways and greens were breathtaking. The 9th and 18th greens we're unbelievable and not only their beauty but in their character as well. I would recommend this golf course to anyone who really enjoys playing the game. Having already played 40 of the top 100 courses in the United States, I can now check off Belgrade Lakes Golf Course; at number 77; on my list of must play golf courses. This golf course is it not only and outstanding test of your golf game, but ranks as one of the most beautiful golf courses I have ever played. I highly recommend this course to anybody who enjoys the game of golf. With numerous tees from which to play this course is playable by all ability levels. I recommend that you bring your camera!