“Happy stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

Save Saved
You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Texas
“Happy stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge! The staff was friendly and helpful, bedding was clean and comfy, rooms were cozy with great views of Penobscot Bay. The lobby breakfast was typical, however, the hotel's on-site restaurant was OUTSTANDING! I had stuffed haddock, and it was magnificent! Another night I had the lobster turnover, again, a wonderful meal! By all means, do yourself a favor and eat at the restaurant.

Room Tip: We requested the top floor to avoid hearing any footsteps overhead.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for staying with us all the way from Texas. And thanks for the nice review. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and commented about the comfort of the rooms, the staff and the outstanding restaurant. It is sometimes difficult to get people to try a "hotel restaurant", but we bill ourselves as not being a typical hotel restaurant. I was pleased to read that you tried it and enjoyed it so much.
If your future plans bring you up this way, we would be happy to again be at your service.
Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I have nothing but good to say about this hotel. The beds were great, the bathrooms roomy and clean, the staff was friendly and helpful, the restaurant was awesome, the breakfast was perfect, the view was phenomenal, the pool/hot tub/sauna were healing at the end of busy days, the laundry room was adequate, fireplace & big screen tv in the lobby, computer with internet and printer were used and appreciated, juice and coffee all day long, free wifi, lots of parking, 30 minutes to Camden, 1hr & 15min to Bar Harbor....I can not think of a single negative thing to say about this hotel. WELL MAYBE....January 1st they will no longer be a comfort inn and will be joining the Fireside Inns chain. Hope this does not mean bad things for an awesome hotel!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, Front Office Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Like the review above, it is great to hear from people who have come so far. Thank you for writing. It is great to read that you had nothing negative to say, except that we will be leaving our Comfort Inn franchise on January 1.
I think you will like the what we intend to change, and what we intend to leave the same. We are already in the process of adding 10 fireplace rooms. Imagine yourself and that special someone in a cozy room overlooking the water, and warming yourselves by the fire. We'll be adding great coffee with Kuerig coffee brewers and Green Mountain Coffee. We will be eliminating the Comfort Inn branded shampoo, soap and conditioner and replacing it with products by Bath & Body Works. And we'll be adding more upgrades as time goes on. What we won't be changing is the friendliness of the staff, the cleanliness of the rooms, the awesome food in the restaurant, and certainly not the fabulous view. The same people who have owned this hotel for ten years still own it. We're just building a new regional brand. I think you'll like the improvements. I look forward to showing them to you, should your travel plans bring you back to Belfast.
TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Pluses: The rooms offer water views, and cookies and juice are available in the evening. Variety of breakfast offerings. Large dining area with annex area for busy days.

Negatives: Sound insulation is poor: we heard young people running, yelling in the hallways, doors to other rooms slamming, etc. It was a very busy weekend night and a noisy one. The elevator wasn't working because the repairman had to order the necessary part.

MAJOR PROBLEM: A sliver of clear glass about 3/4" long in the scrambled eggs. When we presented the glass to the front desk, the attendant said it was probably a piece that broke off the bowl they use to prepare the eggs. There was no expression of regret, concern, or concession. This could have been a major disaster if the glass had been ingested before being spotted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your review. When you presented the piece of glass at the front desk, my first concern was changing out the scrambled eggs which the breakfast attendant did immediately, disposing of the eggs. It was only afterward that we took the time to determine where the glass originated. Thank you for bringing it to our attention. We use glass dishes to cook our eggs. We later found that one of the lids had been chipped. We disposed of that lid.
I am sorry too about the elevator. We had the elevator company out twice on the weekend in an attempt to get the elevator working. Fortunately, the elevator company was able to get it fixed on Monday when they could track down a part.
I hope that you can see this as an isolated incident, and allow us to serve as your host in the future.
Falls,Pa USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent 2 nights, and should have stayed a week. The rooms were great overlooking the bay and the rooms were spotless,the staff was very polite. I would highly recommend this motel. While in Belfast make sure you visit the town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
We would have loved for you to stay a week. Thank you for writing. I am glad we made you fee at home and that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms and the wonderful view of the water. We hope that you will be able to return again next year.

General manager
Cape May Court House
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was on a tour bus trip through Maine and we stayed there for 2 nights. All the rooms faced the bay and the view is awesome, They have a restaurant and small lounge attached and, though we didn't dine there, they provided a very nice private buffet for our group. My wife loved the food. The hotel staff couldn't be any more accommodating and the general manager met the bus and gave us all an overview of the facility. I can highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area. The trip to Bar Harbor took a little over an hour.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a good view as far as I know.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about the staff, facilities and the food. I do enjoy meeting the people who travel great distances to stay with us, whether by bus, car, or motorcycle. I try to greet every bus group that stays with us and explain the amenities of the property. I want our guests to get the full value out of our property when they stay with us. If you get back up to Maine, we would love to have you stay with us again. Remember, we change our name to Fireside Inn & Suites on January 1, 2014. But we will have the same great staff, the same great food, and the fabulous view.

Cape Cod, Mass.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was undecided between "average" and "very good", which are the listing choices on this site. It's a basic hotel, with a smallish pool and hot tub. The front desk person seemed annoyed to be talking to us, didn't give any extra info, nor did she smile. However, the room was clean, and a good size, with comfortable beds and quiet -- in my view, the most important attributes to a good hotel. Bonus was the fact that all the rooms face the ocean -- or, I think it's Belfast Bay -- a lovely expanse of green field and then the wind-whipped water greets you and holds your attention from your own tiny balcony and/or screened large window and glass door. So that makes up for anything inside. I had to ask about breakfast -- I was told there was one, but I guess it didn't come with the room. Not really sure, was not told. But it didn't look good and we headed into Belfast for b'fast. All in all, a good sleep and view.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing. I am sorry about your check-in. I know that checkin, whether positive or negative, can set the tone for an entire stay. I'll try to identify the person, and correct the issue.
I was pleased to read your detailed description of the view from the rooms. I am glad that it had a positive effect on your overall visit.
I hope that, if your return to Belfast in the future, you will allow us to serve you again.

Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I often stay within the Choice Hotels chain, and this hotel was a great example of why I do so. The view from our room was spectacular, even from the first floor. We could walk out of our back door onto the lawn and clear to the water's edge where chairs were provided to sit and relax for awhile. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The Ocean's Edge offers one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I have experienced which included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and more in addition to the normal Continental fare. This hotel also has a very nice indoor pool area with a hot tub as well as an exercise room and a game room. The Comfort Inn housed bus tours both nights that we were guests and were completely booked but handled the flow extremely well and very professionally. I would definitely look forward to staying at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge again, and hopefully soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lighthouselover,
I hope that you had the opportunity to visit our local lighthouse at Ft. Point. If not, plan your trip. We would love to have you back soon. Thank you for the kind words in your review. Last year, we added the chairs at the water's edge to give people an even closer place to relax, unwind, and decompress from the stresses of everyday life. The sounds of the gulls, the wind and the water lapping the shore have an hypnotic affect on those who take the time. I am glad that you enjoyed it.
Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!