“They make you feel at home” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

Save Saved
You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Falls,Pa USA
“They make you feel at home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

We spent 2 nights, and should have stayed a week. The rooms were great overlooking the bay and the rooms were spotless,the staff was very polite. I would highly recommend this motel. While in Belfast make sure you visit the town.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
We would have loved for you to stay a week. Thank you for writing. I am glad we made you fee at home and that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms and the wonderful view of the water. We hope that you will be able to return again next year.

General manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Cape May Court House
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was on a tour bus trip through Maine and we stayed there for 2 nights. All the rooms faced the bay and the view is awesome, They have a restaurant and small lounge attached and, though we didn't dine there, they provided a very nice private buffet for our group. My wife loved the food. The hotel staff couldn't be any more accommodating and the general manager met the bus and gave us all an overview of the facility. I can highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area. The trip to Bar Harbor took a little over an hour.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a good view as far as I know.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about the staff, facilities and the food. I do enjoy meeting the people who travel great distances to stay with us, whether by bus, car, or motorcycle. I try to greet every bus group that stays with us and explain the amenities of the property. I want our guests to get the full value out of our property when they stay with us. If you get back up to Maine, we would love to have you stay with us again. Remember, we change our name to Fireside Inn & Suites on January 1, 2014. But we will have the same great staff, the same great food, and the fabulous view.

Cape Cod, Mass.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was undecided between "average" and "very good", which are the listing choices on this site. It's a basic hotel, with a smallish pool and hot tub. The front desk person seemed annoyed to be talking to us, didn't give any extra info, nor did she smile. However, the room was clean, and a good size, with comfortable beds and quiet -- in my view, the most important attributes to a good hotel. Bonus was the fact that all the rooms face the ocean -- or, I think it's Belfast Bay -- a lovely expanse of green field and then the wind-whipped water greets you and holds your attention from your own tiny balcony and/or screened large window and glass door. So that makes up for anything inside. I had to ask about breakfast -- I was told there was one, but I guess it didn't come with the room. Not really sure, was not told. But it didn't look good and we headed into Belfast for b'fast. All in all, a good sleep and view.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good view.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for writing. I am sorry about your check-in. I know that checkin, whether positive or negative, can set the tone for an entire stay. I'll try to identify the person, and correct the issue.
I was pleased to read your detailed description of the view from the rooms. I am glad that it had a positive effect on your overall visit.
I hope that, if your return to Belfast in the future, you will allow us to serve you again.

Chester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I often stay within the Choice Hotels chain, and this hotel was a great example of why I do so. The view from our room was spectacular, even from the first floor. We could walk out of our back door onto the lawn and clear to the water's edge where chairs were provided to sit and relax for awhile. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The Ocean's Edge offers one of the best hotel breakfast buffets I have experienced which included scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and more in addition to the normal Continental fare. This hotel also has a very nice indoor pool area with a hot tub as well as an exercise room and a game room. The Comfort Inn housed bus tours both nights that we were guests and were completely booked but handled the flow extremely well and very professionally. I would definitely look forward to staying at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge again, and hopefully soon!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear lighthouselover,
I hope that you had the opportunity to visit our local lighthouse at Ft. Point. If not, plan your trip. We would love to have you back soon. Thank you for the kind words in your review. Last year, we added the chairs at the water's edge to give people an even closer place to relax, unwind, and decompress from the stresses of everyday life. The sounds of the gulls, the wind and the water lapping the shore have an hypnotic affect on those who take the time. I am glad that you enjoyed it.
Hounslow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Barry and Team have done it again
A fantastic stay was there from the 5th Sept to the 10th September check-In was fast as ever
The Team on the Front Desk were Great had great time talking to them whilst staying.
My room was on the 2nd floor what a room and the View was to die for.
Room was also great for the Price
Breakfast was great, eat as much as you like and was included with price
Went for a walk down to their beach WOW what a place to see.
The laugh of the stay was when I rung a fiend on my Voip phone in Scotland one Morning at Breakfast.
We were having fun with the Ocean Edge webcam he was moving it around I was waving at it just at the time Barry was opening the curtains on the office he thought I was waving at him and he waved back I was telling my Friend we had a great few minutes.
Told Barry who I was waving to on the webcam we both had a great laugh over it.
First time someone had waved to him from the balcony of the breakfast bar, he thought the sun had got to me.
This is about my 3rd trip to Ocean Edge the first in September both others have been later when cold.
Forgot to say enjoy the Pool Area , The HOT tub was Great.
Do try the restaurant Great selection of Food and Drink met some great people there.
Thank you to Carol and the Team for the warm welcome whilst with them.
I enjoyed my stay for the Places I Visited whilst there went to the Acadia National Park what a view up there on the Cadillac mountain could see for miles.
Generally got lost just finding places to see and the Coast line of Maine has some Great Hidden places if you want to explore.
Thanks to All at the Ocean Edge for my 5 nights stay.
Will always be the place to stay when up that way.
Will get back to you as soon I can for the (FIX) the Views from the Room in the Morning as the sun is rising.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the Bay try and get a 2nd floor room. as this is the top floor you will no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for visiting us again in the USA. Thank you for the laughs. I know that I and my staff enjoy your conversation, your sense of humor, and your accent. Thank you, too for your kind comments on the staff and the hotel.
I hope that you will choose to visit us again, and decompress on the coast of Maine.

portsmouth, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived on Sept. 14. Check-in was flawless . The room was way beyond what we had expected! A beautiful room with two queen beds and a very well appointed kitchen ( we didn't use it but it would have been a tremendous plus if we had children or were spending more than one night ). It was a great evening and the dinner at the ocean edge's restaurant was just as wonderful. the staff and service from the entire crew was top notch. We cannot wait to return to the presidential suite to celebrate another anniversary.

Room Tip: Room 318 is the best of the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your anniversary with us. When you were touting the amenities of the Presidential Suite, you didn't mention that it has a four-person hot tub and a deck overlooking the water.
I am glad that you enjoyed the food and service at Ocean's Edge Restaurant. We are so fortunate to have such a good restaurant attached to the hotel.
We look forward to serving you on future anniversaries.

Oldbiker49
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A one-day stay during a September vacation. Impressive staff answered all questions and even provided warm cookies. Our second floor room offered a small balcony and a view of the bay that was terrific. Very quiet location and you'll awake to seagulls. Breakfast was busy but you can eat outside on a deck. We stayed at six hotels or B and B's during our Maine trip and this was a favorite. It's an older hotel but well-maintained.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Yes, we were built in 1996, but we are continuously updating the property. Thank you for noticing. I am glad that you enjoyed the staff, the breakfast, and the view as well.
I hope that we will see you on your future rides through Maine.
Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!