“What a Place to Stay and enjoy the Views of the Bay every day” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hounslow
“What a Place to Stay and enjoy the Views of the Bay every day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Barry and Team have done it again
A fantastic stay was there from the 5th Sept to the 10th September check-In was fast as ever
The Team on the Front Desk were Great had great time talking to them whilst staying.
My room was on the 2nd floor what a room and the View was to die for.
Room was also great for the Price
Breakfast was great, eat as much as you like and was included with price
Went for a walk down to their beach WOW what a place to see.
The laugh of the stay was when I rung a fiend on my Voip phone in Scotland one Morning at Breakfast.
We were having fun with the Ocean Edge webcam he was moving it around I was waving at it just at the time Barry was opening the curtains on the office he thought I was waving at him and he waved back I was telling my Friend we had a great few minutes.
Told Barry who I was waving to on the webcam we both had a great laugh over it.
First time someone had waved to him from the balcony of the breakfast bar, he thought the sun had got to me.
This is about my 3rd trip to Ocean Edge the first in September both others have been later when cold.
Forgot to say enjoy the Pool Area , The HOT tub was Great.
Do try the restaurant Great selection of Food and Drink met some great people there.
Thank you to Carol and the Team for the warm welcome whilst with them.
I enjoyed my stay for the Places I Visited whilst there went to the Acadia National Park what a view up there on the Cadillac mountain could see for miles.
Generally got lost just finding places to see and the Coast line of Maine has some Great Hidden places if you want to explore.
Thanks to All at the Ocean Edge for my 5 nights stay.
Will always be the place to stay when up that way.
Will get back to you as soon I can for the (FIX) the Views from the Room in the Morning as the sun is rising.

Room Tip: All rooms have a view of the Bay try and get a 2nd floor room. as this is the top floor you will no...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Thank you for visiting us again in the USA. Thank you for the laughs. I know that I and my staff enjoy your conversation, your sense of humor, and your accent. Thank you, too for your kind comments on the staff and the hotel.
I hope that you will choose to visit us again, and decompress on the coast of Maine.

Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
portsmouth, nh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived on Sept. 14. Check-in was flawless . The room was way beyond what we had expected! A beautiful room with two queen beds and a very well appointed kitchen ( we didn't use it but it would have been a tremendous plus if we had children or were spending more than one night ). It was a great evening and the dinner at the ocean edge's restaurant was just as wonderful. the staff and service from the entire crew was top notch. We cannot wait to return to the presidential suite to celebrate another anniversary.

Room Tip: Room 318 is the best of the best!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your anniversary with us. When you were touting the amenities of the Presidential Suite, you didn't mention that it has a four-person hot tub and a deck overlooking the water.
I am glad that you enjoyed the food and service at Ocean's Edge Restaurant. We are so fortunate to have such a good restaurant attached to the hotel.
We look forward to serving you on future anniversaries.

Oldbiker49
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

A one-day stay during a September vacation. Impressive staff answered all questions and even provided warm cookies. Our second floor room offered a small balcony and a view of the bay that was terrific. Very quiet location and you'll awake to seagulls. Breakfast was busy but you can eat outside on a deck. We stayed at six hotels or B and B's during our Maine trip and this was a favorite. It's an older hotel but well-maintained.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. Yes, we were built in 1996, but we are continuously updating the property. Thank you for noticing. I am glad that you enjoyed the staff, the breakfast, and the view as well.
I hope that we will see you on your future rides through Maine.
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

We loved our stay here. While obviously an older property, we loved the view, the location and even the price (Early Sept.). While this place might not be for nit-pickers who can find a flaw with any place I would endorse this to anyone looking for a nice view and great location. Free breakfast and cookies were a nice bonus!

Service was great. Near perfect.

Sleep-wise the bed was good but the pillows there were less than ideal, luckily we had some in the car. We slept good but could have slept much better with better pillows.

We ate dinner in our room once, I thought it was good/ok and my girlfriend thought it was great. The Thai place nearby (Seng Thai-not the one directly across the street but walking distance from property) was amazing!!! We would come back and eat at the Thai place every night!!!

Room Tip: Upper floor is probably a better view.
Green Features: They have limited recycling (cans and bottles) and we thought that was great!!!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your kind words. For someone like you, who has stayed all over the world to write such kind words, is really an honor. I am gratified that you enjoyed the room, the service, and the food.
I hope that you will have the chance to visit us again.

Pennsville, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

I was in this hotel August 2013. The staff was very friendly . Front desk personal could not do enough for you. Breakfast area was a very busy place in the morning, but you could go out outside a eat on the back deck. The views are astounding. My room had a back deck with views of he water and in the distance I could hear the buoys . Only one issue and it was a smell in my room which was room 226. It is an older hotel.

Room Tip: Room 226 has a smell.
Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your comments. I appreciate that you enjoyed the staff and the view and the breakfast. And thank you for your comment on the smell in 226. I'll have housekeeping look into the room. Thank you for letting me know. I hope to see you on future visits to Belfast.
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

This property is fine though it needs updating. View was beautiful, right on the water. We had adjoining rooms which was helpful. Restaurant food was not bad. On a return trip we would prefer to stay in town.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for staying with us, and thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay, and the view. I can understand that you may want to stay in town on future visits. Downtown Belfast is alluring and has plenty of activity. Should you choose to enjoy the peace and the view, we would be happy to serve you again.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

It is not beach front but the views were spectacular. The hotel is about 300 yards to the ocean (cliff). Nice balconies to sit on and enjoy the view. We ordered a pizza from the restaurant and enjoyed it on the balcony. Clean beds and rooms. Quaint and affordable. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013
Thank you for your review. I was happy to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness of the facilities, the view, and the food from the restaurant. We look forward to serving you on your future visits to Belfast.
Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!