I wasn't expecting much from a Comfort Inn, but I wasn't expecting this. It's a dank, very dirty and very dated hotel. The rooms are ridiculously over-priced for what you get. Yes, the view is nice, but that's all this place has going for it. Couldn't get rid of that moldy smell that seems to be all over the hotel. The carpets everywhere need to be ripped out and replaced. They just are not maintaining this hotel (e.g., there were two nice looking chairs in our room, but the seats cushions were all stained and the bottom was falling out of the footstools. Just clean/fix that. It left me not wanting to sit in them!)
We thought we might at least enjoy a breakfast on the large deck off the lobby, but there were only four tables (could easily have fit eight out there) and the guests left so much food all over the floor of the deck that you didn't know where to step. The staff didn't seem to notice the mess, despite having walked out there twice. The breakfast is the typical high carbohydrate tasteless offering common to lower-end hotels.
At $190 per night, we feel totally ripped off. We've stayed at Comfort Inns before and they were in much better condition. These rooms aren't worth more than $100 - even with the view. Too bad, because with some investment, this could be a great place because of the view.
Bottom line: If you want a clean hotel, you will need to chose someplace else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every room has an ocean view, and includes all the amenities you would expect plus a refrigerator and microwave in every room. 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a balcony, while 1st floor rooms have immediate pool access and a rear door that opens on to our ten acres leading to the water. The property features an indoor heated mineral pool, hot tub and sauna, game room, guest laundry facilities. Free hot breakfast and free WIFI are included. We are connected to Ocean's Edge Restaurant for fresh seafood, steaks and pasta served in a comfortable, casual atmosphere. Join us on the patio in summer for alfresco dining. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, EasyToBook, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn Ocean`s Edge Hotel Belfast
- Comfort Inn Belfast
- Belfast Comfort Inn
- Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge Belfast, Maine