“I'll be back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

We travel with 2 small chihuahua's. what makes this so nice is large lawn leading down to ocean front. Access through level one back door. Also adjacent Resturant attached to lower level. Offers take out right to room. Menu choices are not bad and food was very good quality. I would definitely return for some more RR.

• Stayed August 2013
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thanks for writing. I am glad that you and your four-legged friends enjoyed your visit here. I was pleased that you also enjoyed the food from the restaurant. We're very proud of our restaurant and hope that may others enjoy it.
We hope to see you again soon.
Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

This is by far the best Comfort Inn I have ever seen. The views are fantastic, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is friendly, and the restaurant is great. I had a reservation at another location, but when I saw this place, I cancelled and basked in Maine's coastal views. All the rooms have an ocean view. I was on the 3rd floor and had an excellent view.

When I was eating dinner at the restaurant, I saw a small cruise ship pass right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your kind words. It was nice that you could cancel your reservation elsewhere to stay and dine with us. We hope to see you again.
Lucedale Ms
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Our family recently stayed at Comfort Inn. It is a beautiful place and the view is great. There is a path to walk to the ocean with chairs to enjoy the view. Indoor poor and the restaurant located in the hotel has AMAZING pizza. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All rooms have an ocean view. We stayed on third floor with balcony and chairs.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the staff and facilities. I was particularly happy to read that you felt the restaurant's pizza was amazing. There are so many offerings on the menu, that I didn't get a chance to try the pizza until recently. You're right. It is great! Thank you for reporting it. We hope to see you soon.
PEI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you are anywhere near this area of Maine, stay at this hotel. The decor may look a bit dated but this place is soooo relaxing. Every room has a balcony or patio with a beautiful water view. There is a rocky beach, which is no good for swimming or sunbathing, but is perfect for enjoying a morning coffee to the sound of waves splashing in. You can enjoy it while sitting on one of the strategically placed driftwood logs or Adirondack chairs set up near the water. But if you like swimming, don't worry, the hotel has a great pool area. It is a warm indoor pool, surounded by screen doors which let in the fresh air and has lounge chairs just outside for enjoying the sun. There is also a hottub and sauna.The attached restaurant even had a wood campfire burning on the patio where you can sit an enjoy an evening beverage and there is a large deck where you can enjoy your free breakfast or 24-hour coffee and tea. We stayed here a few years ago and liked it so much that we drove several hours out of the way to stay here again...it was worth the drive!

Room Tip: The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a more private balcony than the 1st floor patios.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
You wrote a book! Thank you. Your review reads like a tourism brochure for our hotel. Thank you for pointing out many of the little things that, combined make for a great experience. With 54 reviews under your belt, I am sure you have seen quite a few hotels. Thanks for rating us so well.
We hope that you will get back this way soon.
Boston, MA, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

One of my siblings recently passed away suddenly. Two of us and our families stayed here and met with 3 other of our families who are from the area. We were welcomed by the staff to use one of the dining areas to gather and spend time with each other. I have to say the are welcome and consideration we received were truly a Comfort - no pun intended. We much appreciated the thoughtfulness and understanding of the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write during this difficult time. I am sorry for your loss. I was happy to read that the actions of our staff made a hard time a little bit easier.
I hope that we can see you again during better times.

Greenfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I used up some of my reward points to get away for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversay. We arrived on Friday afternoon and were greeted by a super friendly and enthusiastic staff. Check inn was a breeze and our room (actually every room) offered a gorgeous view of Penobsscot Bay. The bed was nice and soft and had pillows gallore. The hotel layout appears to focus on the bay views and the free breakfast on the patio is something special to enjoy during the warmer weather. It was Father's day weekend and the place was booked full for the weekend with family's and a wedding group, but never seemed overly crowded when we left our room. There was a small group of motor cycling couples that got a little loud (after bedtime) in the room next to us one night, They didn't ruin our stay, but I wish some people would espect othe peoples peace and quiet. We may have evened the score early the next morning when we got up to head out for a day of sight seeing.The location was great for getting around to local restaurants and to see the sites. Bar Harbor and the spectactular Acadia National Park is only an hour away and the drive offers plenty of great shops, food stands, restaurants and museums along the way. We had a wonderful stay, lots of Lobstah and can't wait to get a chance to return.

Room Tip: book early,but they are all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, I couldn't have sold the place better than you did. Thank you for your kind words. Particularly, thank you for your comments on the staff. We try to hire associates who really enjoy serving people. A genuine love for service is not something that can be taught. Thank you for noticing. We hope to see you again.
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and while it's hard to build on perfection, the hotel just gets better and better. The views are spectacular, the rooms extremely comfortable, food for both breakfast in the lobby and dinner at the adjoining restaurant awesome, friendly, accommodating staff, etc. I will continue to stay here and appreciate the pet-friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a ground floor room that has direct access to outside.
Green Features: I would have liked to have had trash receptacles for my doggie poop bags close to my room. There were none available. Otherwise, the hotel is very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was glad to read that you are a frequent visitor and that you enjoy all aspects of the hotel and restaurant. We look forward to serving you and your pet again soon.
Thank you again for writing!

Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!