“Very relaxing” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
PEI
“Very relaxing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

If you are anywhere near this area of Maine, stay at this hotel. The decor may look a bit dated but this place is soooo relaxing. Every room has a balcony or patio with a beautiful water view. There is a rocky beach, which is no good for swimming or sunbathing, but is perfect for enjoying a morning coffee to the sound of waves splashing in. You can enjoy it while sitting on one of the strategically placed driftwood logs or Adirondack chairs set up near the water. But if you like swimming, don't worry, the hotel has a great pool area. It is a warm indoor pool, surounded by screen doors which let in the fresh air and has lounge chairs just outside for enjoying the sun. There is also a hottub and sauna.The attached restaurant even had a wood campfire burning on the patio where you can sit an enjoy an evening beverage and there is a large deck where you can enjoy your free breakfast or 24-hour coffee and tea. We stayed here a few years ago and liked it so much that we drove several hours out of the way to stay here again...it was worth the drive!

Room Tip: The 2nd and 3rd floor rooms have a more private balcony than the 1st floor patios.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
You wrote a book! Thank you. Your review reads like a tourism brochure for our hotel. Thank you for pointing out many of the little things that, combined make for a great experience. With 54 reviews under your belt, I am sure you have seen quite a few hotels. Thanks for rating us so well.
We hope that you will get back this way soon.
Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Boston, MA, US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

One of my siblings recently passed away suddenly. Two of us and our families stayed here and met with 3 other of our families who are from the area. We were welcomed by the staff to use one of the dining areas to gather and spend time with each other. I have to say the are welcome and consideration we received were truly a Comfort - no pun intended. We much appreciated the thoughtfulness and understanding of the staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write during this difficult time. I am sorry for your loss. I was happy to read that the actions of our staff made a hard time a little bit easier.
I hope that we can see you again during better times.

Greenfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My wife and I used up some of my reward points to get away for a long weekend to celebrate our anniversay. We arrived on Friday afternoon and were greeted by a super friendly and enthusiastic staff. Check inn was a breeze and our room (actually every room) offered a gorgeous view of Penobsscot Bay. The bed was nice and soft and had pillows gallore. The hotel layout appears to focus on the bay views and the free breakfast on the patio is something special to enjoy during the warmer weather. It was Father's day weekend and the place was booked full for the weekend with family's and a wedding group, but never seemed overly crowded when we left our room. There was a small group of motor cycling couples that got a little loud (after bedtime) in the room next to us one night, They didn't ruin our stay, but I wish some people would espect othe peoples peace and quiet. We may have evened the score early the next morning when we got up to head out for a day of sight seeing.The location was great for getting around to local restaurants and to see the sites. Bar Harbor and the spectactular Acadia National Park is only an hour away and the drive offers plenty of great shops, food stands, restaurants and museums along the way. We had a wonderful stay, lots of Lobstah and can't wait to get a chance to return.

Room Tip: book early,but they are all good
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow, I couldn't have sold the place better than you did. Thank you for your kind words. Particularly, thank you for your comments on the staff. We try to hire associates who really enjoy serving people. A genuine love for service is not something that can be taught. Thank you for noticing. We hope to see you again.
Albany, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times, and while it's hard to build on perfection, the hotel just gets better and better. The views are spectacular, the rooms extremely comfortable, food for both breakfast in the lobby and dinner at the adjoining restaurant awesome, friendly, accommodating staff, etc. I will continue to stay here and appreciate the pet-friendly atmosphere.

Room Tip: If you have a pet, ask for a ground floor room that has direct access to outside.
Green Features: I would have liked to have had trash receptacles for my doggie poop bags close to my room. There were none available. Otherwise, the hotel is very environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for your review. I was glad to read that you are a frequent visitor and that you enjoy all aspects of the hotel and restaurant. We look forward to serving you and your pet again soon.
Thank you again for writing!

Prospect, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay. The staff is friendly & very accommodating - George at the front desk is wonderful! The grounds are beautiful and the location to downtown Belfast is great. An indoor pool, hot tub, sauna, laundry facilities and a nice continental breakfast added to our stay.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for writing, specifically your comment on George. I will be happy to share that with him. I am glad that you noticed the grounds as well. We spent quite a bit of time adding lots of color to the front. It's hard to compete with the view from the back, but we thought that we would give it a go. We hope to see you up this way again. Thanks for visiting.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

My three adult children and I stayed here and the suite was wonderful with a full kitchen, living area, balcony and 2 TV's, and a hot tub overlooking Penobscot Bay. There is a sunny deck with a water view where you can eat breakfast.
Incredibly comfortable beds!

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite with a name something like Majestic View...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for writing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the Grandview Suite and the service provided by our staff. I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us again.

Northern New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Loved the cleanliness of the rooms, although for some reason our room was never cleaned??? also the reason we didnt leave a tip. Loved the gorgeous view...room was priced fairly. But. It's terribly old, and in need of a tune up. Hall ways have odor, and air conditioning buttons were faulty. We fixed ours, but my elderly parents didnt let us know until too late..and slept in very hot conditions..that bothered me tremendously . Please know we did NOT complain about these issues, but I did want to share. The front desk seemed very helpful, and I'm sure they would have helped, but just wasn't worth it. We left a day early. I wouldn't stay here again, but please know our room was clean, were just use to higher standards.

Room Tip: Check air conditioners, and open all windows in hallway...helps w odor.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I wish you had told us about the airconditioner. Our staff is available and willing to do whatever is needed to provide complete guest satisfaction. Regarding the age of the rooms, we frequently hear that people are amazed that the property is 16 years old. They often say that it looks new. I regularly inspect rooms, so I am bound to run into your rooms where we can update whatever looks old. We are continuingly updating, most recently adding refrigerators and microwaves to all rooms. I was glad to read that you found the rooms especially clean. I do hope that you will try us again and enjoy an experience similar to our other reviewers.
Sincerely
Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!