“A true Choice Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

Save Saved
You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ringgold, Georgia
“A true Choice Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

This hotel has earned the Choice "Gold Award". But I would have given it the "platinum award". The view alone, from every room, is worth the stay here. But, in addition, the staff is friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean, comfortable and well appointed, and the location all add to the enjoyment of the stay. To eat breakfast out on the large open deck overlooking the bay starts the mornings off wonderfully. I have stayed in several hundred other Choice hotel properties, but this Comfort Inn ranks near the top. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the third floor give you the best views, but there is not a bad view in the whole hotel...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
I am happy that you would give us the Platinum Award. We have won that two times over the past 8 years, and have gotten Gold Awards the other years. We're proud of our property and our staff, and the water view from each room doesn't hurt, either.
Thank you for writing. We hope to see you many more times.

266 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Skowhegan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We had just done the three day Trek Across Maine and decided to stay in Belfast for the evening. We decided to stay at this location and are happy we did. What a beautiful location and great view. Every room faces the Penobscot Bay. The staff was great and the room was very comfortable.We highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good!
Green Features: The practices for environmentally friendly is in place and is very good.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for joining the Trek Across Maine, and supporting the Lung Association. You must be exhausted from a 180 mile bike ride. I was pleased to read that we made your end of journey so comfortable and relaxing. Thank you for writing, and again, thank you for riding in the Trek. Hopefully, we will see you again next year.
Titusville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

It was a nice room with a very comfortable bed. Nicely decorated and clean. That it was a nice room was a bonus because the real selling point was the view off the balcony. Just beautiful. George at the front desk was particularly helpful with suggestions for dining and shopping.

Room Tip: Pick one with a view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Thank you for your review and the nice comments about George. We're fortunate to have him. He started working for us years ago when he retired from the Air Force. He now returns to us every summer and is a real guest pleaser. I am glad that you found him so.

I hope that you have the opportunity to join us again, soon.
Madison, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

When looking for a place to stay over the internet, it is hard to tell what hotels/motels are really like and whether they are stretching their quality. The Comfort Inn , Belfast Maine is true to it's description. They provided an online video to see what the inn is like. Because of the video, we made the decision to stay there. Excellent choice! We even added another night to our stay. Incredible views from all rooms, really. The hallways were scented with clove, delightful! Their restaurant is excellent with an award winning chef. The staff was friendly and helpful. We where there in early June so the full season rates had not started yet. We paid around $109, very low. We were delighted and will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: I do not think any room is better than another, each has a spectacular view.
Green Features: This hotel is involved with environmental control.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for reviewing us regarding your recent visit to Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I was happy to read that you enjoyed all the amenities especially the restaurant. We, and many others feel that the restaurant is a hidden gem, not something you would expect in a hotel restaurant. I hope that you had the chance to try Chef Hightower's lobster menu, which she runs all summer long. If not, come back before the leaves fly. We'll be here to serve you.
Madison, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Saw add in "Jewel of the Maine Coast" mag.We live in the mountains of N.H. [Madison] but come to the Me. coast for our get away..Just what we were looking for [ nice "chain " motel, ocean view, clean, restaurant, breakfast, quiet] well the Oceans Edge gave us a 10 to the 10th.degree..We called from Augusta ,spoke to Kristen,she deserves $1.00hr. raise..She bent over many times to accomidate our requests,customer service to the 10th. After getting our requests filled we arrived to our room ,clean to the 10th.again[we checked]. The master housekeeper gets a 1.00hr raise also,service to the 10th..Went out on the balcony and the view 10 to the 10th..We did some exploring of the town and before long time to eat..We walk to the nicely decorated restaurant,[how mant 10's could there be] well the dinner was another..Having worked at a seafood rest.i have fried a clam or two so i had the fried clams[ not a speck of grit and fried perfectly, w/ supberb mashed,slaw ] cheese cake was great w/ caramel..Got to meet the chef's was a nice treat..Ate at restaurant 2nd. nite and another 10 to 10th..Ryan was very professional server w/ nice personality,friendly..Lost my cell phone and George at front desk went into search mode notifying staff to search and be on lookout[my drop from balcony and didn't realize,found cell and all o-k.] After writing a novel about the property[it deserves it] in ending stay here,feel the staff, the property,the food,the clean, and the GREAT views.. Am still crying having to leave..One suggestion,add more decorations[pictures, etc] to the bare walls.. As the saying goes "We'll be back"

Room Tip: Room 331, 2 doubles,upper and on the end,very quiet..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your extensive review, and your comments about the friendliness and kindness of the staff. I am fortunate to have the likes of Kristin, George and Ryan. They make my job easier, and our guests' stays more pleasant.
Again, thank you so much for your kind words. I will pass these on to each of them.

Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband was recently riding his bike from Bar Harbor to Belfast on the first leg of a long-distance bike ride. My daughter and I drove ahead to find accommodations in Belfast. I hadn't done any significant research about where to stay, but as we passed the Comfort Inn on Route 1, it looked inviting. The manager, Barry Asalone, happened to be on duty when I went in to check about rates. He told me that the military rate would be our best option...it always makes me happy when hotels offer a better rate for members of the armed services than for AARP or AAA! I booked a room and then started asking questions...Barry told me how we could drive to the pedestrian bridge that crosses the river into the town of Belfast, and he recommended the nearby Seng Thai restaurant. When my daughter and I walked into our room, we were astounded to see the gorgeous view of Belfast Bay from our window. I'd seen this view from the lobby when I was talking to Barry, but I had no idea that every room in the hotel has a view onto the bay. When my husband arrived on his bike, we walked next door to get an ice cream cone at "Th' Ice Cream Barn"--a charming place--and then we drove to the pedestrian bridge. Our walk around Belfast was delightful, and the meal at Seng Thai was outstanding. Then as we got ready to draw the curtains in the room for the night, a rainbow appeared in the clouds over the bay--a perfect compliment to this very pleasant Comfort Inn. Breakfast the next morning was very good, and the room was clean and airy. I recommend Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge to anyone traveling to or through Belfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
I am fortunate to meet many enjoyable people in my work. Sadly, I can't remember them all. I do, however, remember you. Thank you for your service to our country, Captain. I remembered our conversation and how you and your daughter were going to traverse the footbridge to Belfast and dine on Thai food.
I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found the property and staff excellent. Hopefully, you won't wait until your husband rides by to stay again.
Thank you so much for your glowing review.

General manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights this April. Rooms were decent size, clean and had nice view. Staff was friendly and helpful. The best part of the stay though was the dinner we had from the restaurant in the hotel. It exceeded our expectation.

Would surely come back sometime in summer for another stay!!

• Stayed April 2013
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for your review of both the hotel and restaurant. I enjoy reading about what a pleasant surprize people have when they visit our restaurant. We are very proud of our Food & Beverage staff. I am happy that you also wrote about how clean and comfortable your room was during your visit and the friendliness of the staff. Hopefully, you will have the opportunity to visit us again soon.

Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!