“Peaceful Retreat” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

Save Saved
You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #2 of 7 hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Peaceful Retreat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

As a member of the Armed Forces I rarely get a chance to take a vacation. You see I joined the military at the age of 41 and never looked back. I went overseas for 400 days, came back and remained on Active Duty up to this day. My wife and I needed some downtime and decided on Maine. I did some research on all the Hotels, Motels, and Resorts in the area. My wife and I finally settled on the Comfort Inn in Belfast. After a ten hour ride from New Jersey we arrived at this hotel and were greeted by the front desk clerk, Mr. George Dickinson. Right away we knew this was going to be a very restful stay just by the wonderful, heartfelt and personal attention Mr. Dickinson gave us. We were provided a beautiful room and directions to some historic sites. The time and patience he gave us along with the entire staff made our stay a memorable one. Will we come back? Yes. And because of our stay at your Hotel, my wife and I are considering moving up to the State of Maine. Thanks again and God Bless.

Room Tip: The best way to get the best room is to plan early.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, September 4, 2011
Thank you for writing. I am pleased that you could find solice away from your military job to relax in our hotel. I am glad that you found the service and accommodations to your liking. Too, I was pleased about your review of George. We have been honored to have had him working here for the past ten years.
If you are considering relocating to Maine, you are not alone. I, too am a transplant here. Like you, I have enjoyed other parts of the country and the world, and find Maine a pleasure to come home to. Again, thank you for writing.

257 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Chatham Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night in July/11. Booked the hotel on-line and were pleasantly surprised with our ground-floor room. A walk-out door provided easy access to view the ocean and surrounding areas. Room was spacious, bed very comfortable and bathroom very clean. Enjoyed the large pool and hot tub which allowed our tired bodies to soak away the long drive. Elevator made it so easy to transport our luggage. Enjoyed a lovely meal in the on-site restaurant while we watched the view from our table. Hotel staff were very helpful in providing directions to Bangor. Continental breakfast offered fresh fruit, yogurts, choice of breads, cereals. coffee and tea. If we're ever in this area again, we will definitely stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room overlooking the water.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 21, 2011
Thank you for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed all of the facilities, including the pool, restaurant and large oceanfront property.
I was pleased to see that you are from Canada. As the Canadian dollar exceeded the US dollar in value, we are seeing many of our Northern friends who we miss when the exchange is poor.
Thank you for visiting, and thank you for writing.

Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

I have driven by many times, and was glad to have a reason to stay. The room had an amazing view of the ocean. We found the beds to be very comfortable; the fridge and microwave came in handy. My favorite part was the spotless bathroom - like we were the first ones to ever use it. The pool and hot tub were also well-tended. I was able to walk on the rocky beach before breakfast, and I even found some sea glass. The staff was very friendly. Although the hotel was full it did not feel crowded in any area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for writing. I'm glad that you finally had a reason to stop and enjoy our property. Thank you especially for your comment on the bathroom. I am fortunate to work with very dedicated housekeepers who truely care about cleanliness. I have copied your note and posted in housekeeping.
Thank you for staying. Please don't wait to return.

New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

The front desk personnel were very friendly, and we enjoyed the breakfast. The room however was a non-smoking room that smelled of smoke so bad that we were unable to stay in the room. The rooms and decks seem run down and in need of repair, but if you are on business and are looking for a place to spend the night the hotel would suffice. If you are on vacation and looking for a "nice" place to stay and plan on enjoying your room and spending time at the hotel, this probably is not the place for you. The restaurant was so-so, with the food being over priced and of average quality. This would be a nice place if they renovated it, as it has nice views but no sand beach.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write, detailing your recent stay. I am pleased that your found our staff to be friendly, and liked the breakfast. I am sorry that you didn't find the condition to your liking. We have been replacing furniture, and you may have noticed a couple of guys painting the rails on the back decks overlooking the water. Unfortunately, the ocean side of the hotel takes a beating from the wind and salt air. Be assured that we are working on that, and you won't be disappointed on your next visit.
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Business trip to Belfast. After working all day, we were ready to relax. Enjoyed a fine meal with ocean view in the restaurant. Food was excellent. Wife likes veggies and Chef whipped up a special for her. Enjoyed chatting with other guests at the pub. Final relaxation in the hot tub. They've a "mineral salt" hot tub and pool so no chlorine. Very restful stay.

Room Tip: All the rooms are ocean view, so all are the best!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Thanks for your kind words. We value input from all of our guests.

Yorkshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel on 22nd June for just one night and had an excellent stay. All rooms have a balcony and face the sea across sweeping well kept lawn. The room was clean and had all the facilities that we needed. There is a pool, hot tub and sauna and a reasonable restaurant on site. Best of all was the staff, they were so welcoming and helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much that we returned at the end of our trip and stayed for 2 more days on 9th and 10th of July. The young lady that was on reception on our first stay and the first night of our second stay (her name may have been Janet - I aplogise if I got this wrong) was exceptional. So helpful and friendly and a pleasure to deal with, the management must be proud of her. Well done to this hotel. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
sparkleberry52, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write. I am pleased that you enjoyed your experience here so much that you returned so soon. Thank you too regarding your comments about Jenna. She is a genuinely warm and welcoming person after a long trip on the road. I will pass your comments along to our owners. I am also glad that you found the facilities met your needs so well. Hopefully we see you on future visits to the U.S.
Cooper City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I came here with my son and his friend, had a great stay, excellent view, excellent service. Will definately be back again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind words. I am pleased to hear that your enjoyed your stay and that you will be returning. We look forward to serving you.

Barry Asalone

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!