“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge

Save Saved
You added Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge to your Saves list
Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   159 Searsport Avenue, Route 1, Belfast, ME 04915 (Formerly Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge)   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersBronze level
Hounslow
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2011

Yes I stayed in November to visit the acaidia nat park.
I arrived with out a booking.
No trouble was advised booked in ok got a discount on the room.
wow what a room I was given overlooking the bay.
stayed for 3 days .
pool was great and the resturant as great with the food prices not to bad compared with UK prices.
the staff could not be more helpfull .
I want to get back there as soon as I can before the Flight prices go up to much.
I would have like to have stayed longer but was just travelling around the area.
Great for all ages and comfort zones.
Great value.

Room Tip: As for the deals
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to write, detailing your stay here. I am pleased that you enjoyed the facilities and staff. I hope that you will return soon.

Barry Asalone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Concord, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2011

Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge is Top Notch! Amazing setting for a hotel, all rooms have an awesome ocean view! The room was clean and had everything I could need, Plus a little balcony. Every single employee I encountered was super friendly, really helpful and seemed genuinely happy to talk to me. I Thoroughly Enjoyed my stay!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Barry_Asalone, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank you for writing. I am pleased that you enjoyed the staff and the facililities here. Thank you, too for posting the photo from your room. It gives other travelers an indication of what they will see from their rooms when they stay here. We hope to see you again.

Willington, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

My family stayed in Belfast at the Comfort Inn because my sister was graduating from Maine Maritime Academy. We booked 18 rooms for family and friends. The front desk staff was top of the line, so patient and very accommodating to everyone. My Uncle loved the minor detail of having night-lights in the bathrooms, so the overhead light was not needed while getting up in the middle of the night to use the facilities. I really liked the fact that there were two computers set up with internet AND printers for FREE to use in the lobby. Fresh baked cookies each afternoon, and the view was to die for! I will definiately be back!

Room Tip: Definiately ask for a room with the ocean view!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. I hope that, should your travels bring you back to Belfast, you will allow us to serve as your host.

Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

The staff were extremely accommodating to our requests - close proximity of rooms rented along with requested mini-refrigerators and microwave We rented several rooms for our various family members, and we brought our dog with us. Definitely a pet friendly environment with extensive grounds on which to walk/run with your dog. The rooms were clean - you would never know that we were in a "dog friendly" room - 1st floor. We also rented rooms on the 3rd floor that have a "kitchenette" - very nicely stocked with cups, plates, utensils, dish soap and dish towels.

exeter,ri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Was totally pleased with our stay. Beautiful view, clean rooms and friendly staff. My husband and I had our 10 yr. old Grandson with us and it was perfect. Nice pool, hot tub and great breakfast. Wasn't impressed by the restaurant but Belfast has other places to eat. Great place for all ages.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for writing, detailing your stay at the Comfort Inn Ocean's Edge. I am pleased that you found the staff friendly and efficient and the facilities clean and comfortable. We continue to reinvest in the facility in both repairs and upgrades. And I am fortunate to work with people who really care about our guests' experiences. We look forward to seeing you again.

Hemel Hempstead, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2011

Hotel is a mile or so out of Belfast, overlooking a very scenic bay. Every room has views to the water (unobstructed) which is really nice. The room also has a balcony - ours also had 2 good sized and incredibly comfortable beds.

Pool is on the ground floor and also has a hot tub and sauna, although the sauna door doesn't close properly which means the room isn't as hot as you'd want or expect. Also on the ground floor is the restaurant which serves "acceptable" food in terms of both cost and quantity.

The bathroom was fine and had enough towels for the four of us.

Free internet and a good choice at breakfast which is always a plus.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
sparkleberry52, General Manager at Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge, responded to this review, April 12, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I'm pleased that your enjoyed your stay and that you enjoyed the value, rooms, cleanliness and view. You'll be pleased to know that our new Chef has just released a menu with new offerings and different flavors. I'm sure that you'll enjoy this on your return.
Waterville, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

Every year for our birthdays my partner and I give each other a mini-vacation. For the past several years I've said "no thanks" to a surprise ... I want to go back to the Belfast Ocean's Edge Comfort Inn. They have very reasonable two night specials, by the way. Over several years our visits have been excellent. Completely hassle free reservations and check-in, great sized super clean room, wonderful Continental breakfast with Comfort Inn's special waffles. The staff is without exception warm, friendly, and helpful. I promise you won't go wrong with this wonderful establishment.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your kind words and for returning to us each year for your birthdays. Happy birthday, by the way!

Been to Fireside Inn & Suites Ocean's Edge? Share your experiences!