“Darby's - "I'm in here!"” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
West Rondout, NY
“Darby's - "I'm in here!"”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Delicious lunches. Excellent fish sandwiches. Tasty desserts. Restaurant feels like Maine. Good service. Reasonable prices. Rest room lacks occupied light or sign. Otherwise, don't miss this place when you're in Belfast. Enjoyable.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

New England
“Good veggie options and tasty desserts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Pleasant service, very attentive to keeping our water filled! I had the beet salad for dinner. It was dinner sized and had delicious candied walnuts and bleu cheese on a bed of very fresh spinach. I was a little sad that for a beet salad the beets were scanty! But tasty and filling, overall. For dessert, we shared an enormous whoopie pie. It was even sweeter than you'd expect; do not order this without a glass of milk. Better yet, do not order this if you are over the age of 9. They did have more appropriate, adult desserts, it was entirely my fault!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Newtown, Connecticut
“Excellent food, friendly service - a nice eatery in a great town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Friday night dinner for two - very busy restaurant filled with local diners - always a good sign. Very friendly waitress, excellently prepared dishes with fresh ingredients. Typical pub ambiance but there are 3 distinct rooms, each different. Fairly priced, good sized portions. Would definetely eat here again the next time we visit delightful Belfast, ME.

Visited August 2013
Chelmsford, Massachusetts
“Unfriendly and not clean”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

It was a hot day, even in Belfast on the ocean; we wanted a cool drink and a light lunch. Sat at the bar and ordered a couple of brews. Not sure how to put a finger on it, but the bar tender was unnaturally unfriendly. She didn't want to be there is my take. Anyway we looked at the menu and looked around noticing the general lack of cleanliness; I found the same in the rest rooms; not very clean. I was about to order, but it was nagging at me that there were bowls of foil wrapped butter out on all the tables. Including the ones in the sun. I asked the bar tender about it and she shrugged it off. I couldn't get the idea of rancid butter off my mind, so we left without eating there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Passing through the wonderful town of Belfast and we found Darby's open for breakfast. Everything was homemade and fresh. Corned beef hash was a highlight. Also loved the homemade pottery coffee cups. Really good stuff.

• Visited July 2013