“Nice Brunch” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Grill
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Description: Steaks, seafood and kicked up comfort food on Penobscot Bay. Sit outside on our deck overlooking Belfast Harbor in season or inside in our cozy dining room year round. Daily specials, local seafood and produce, local beer on tap or in a bottle, wines by the glass or bottle and specialty cocktails.
Blue Hill, Maine
“Nice Brunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I went to the Nautilus for Mothers Day Brunch. I like the fact that brunch is a special menu but not a buffet. I had the scallop, bacon quiche though was torn between that and the goat cheese fiddlehead one. Our waiter recommended the scallop bacon one- bacon, he's a guy! It was terrific, just the right texture, light, fluffy and flavorful, cut in pie wedges with real pie crust. ( I really don't like quiche that is cut from large pans without pie crust edges.)
My husband had the crab benedict, which is a favorite pick of his in other restuarants. He all but licked the plate it was so good.
Interestingly, we were somewhat skeptical, almost didn't go there because of a recent trashing review, but I found the atmosphere very appealing and relaxing. I particularly liked the ships lanterns in each booth. The service was fantastic! Our food was great. The only downside was the bloody mary, which was rather bland, even for someone like me who does not like them too spicy. We plan to go back for dinner soon.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Best burgers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Nautilus is one of only three good indoor restaurants in Belfast, but if you get the chance to eat on their back deck, don't pass it up. The view is spectacular, and honestly, their bacon cheeseburger is the very best I have ever eaten!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Belfast, Maine
“Best Restaurant in Belfast - Hands Down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Great service, beautiful ocean view, delicious food! The appetizer menu is bold and has a nice variety. The seafood tastes like it must be fresh off the boat. They know how to cook a steak perfectly. The desserts will knock your socks off!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Belfast, Maine
“Delicious food, great service...every time!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

My wife and I have considered Nautilus to be our favorite dining experience in Belfast since it opened. We have had the pork tenderloin, maple glazed salmon, prime rib, lobster mac and cheese, mussels...I think you get the idea. We've enjoyed a meal there often and have yet to leave feeling that our meal was less than it should have been. The atmosphere is very inviting regardless of the season, and the views of Belfast Harbor and the Penobscot Bay are wonderful. The staff are courteous, efficient, and friendly. I would never hesitate to recommend it!

• Visited March 2014
Belfast, Maine
“Excellent Food and Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Both my husband and I had terrific meals. He had sirloin steak with blue cheese and mushrooms (perfectly cooked) and I had salmon which was terrific. The dessert , chocolate, mocha cheese cake , was the best thing I've ever eaten. They are warm and welcoming. Its a great place to go any evening with has a great view of the harbor

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere