“Fun Mexican and Caribbean Food” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 52 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Caribbean, Mexican
Description: its on facebook,, its fairly new, and its a great place to eat!
Description: its on facebook,, its fairly new, and its a great place to eat!
Belfast, Maine
“Fun Mexican and Caribbean Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Starting with excellent chips and salsa, our meal had several high points. I had a salmon filet light meal served with a lettuce wedge, while my companions enjoyed jalapeno poppers and a Taco Bowl. Good fun food. One low note, bot h Coconut shrimp and a jerk shrimp appetizer were not avaqilable at 7pm on a Friday. Shrimp should never be considered "out" in a restaurant these days. It is too easy to thaw another couple of pounds and serve your menu.

Visited February 2013

Belfast
“Not good”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Well I have gotta say, not impressed at all. Expensive, food was very cold, chimichanga was all doughy, chicken was not done-when I complained the waitress took off $3.15 when I let her know that both of ours was like this. $50.00 for not eaten food. Bad customer service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, Maine
“Unexpected Delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

We stopped by this restaurant on a wimb...usually skip Mexican...and we are sooooo glad we did. The chips and salsa are homemade and delicious. The menu offers vegan and vegetarian options - nice surprise. My burrito was the best I've had in Maine. The black beans were plump and fresh without the nasty sauce. My husband's pulled pork was far better than an overrated BBQ restaurant in Winterport. We left without the usual after taste and sicky feeling the other Mexican restaurants generate. I certainly hope our second visit equals this experience.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“Pretty Good Mexican Food In Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We couldn't get in to Lost Kitchen until the next night so we opted for La Vida right around the corner. It was pretty good food. Fresh chips and good salsa. I had fish tacos and my wife had a really good chile relleno. The beer was cold and the margarita was cheap (Ladies night that night). I am from LA and New Mexico and this was so much better than I expected for mexican food in Maine. Give it a try. And the waitress was really friendly so that makes it even better.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Austin
“For Maine, it's good Mexican Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

In a part of the world that smells of the salt sea and boiled lobster, it is a little surprising to find a brightly painted Mexican/Caribbean tucked in a basement on Main Street. If you are used to eating your fried plantains with a view of the aquamarine Caribbean, it will disappoint - and the old school American crunchy tacos will be a surprise to someone more accustomed to more sophisticated Mexican food. But Belfast, Maine is not in the Caribbean or in Mexico and La Vida turns out a decent, tasty meal. The food is fairly priced. Order the fried plantain appetizer.

Visited August 2012