“Down a notch or two!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Solo Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 44 Restaurants in Bath
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Special occasions, Doing business, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Venice, Florida
“Down a notch or two!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

There is no question that this is the best restaurant in the Bath/Brunswick area but that title is relative. Since Clementine's in Brunswick went out of business the competition is not that distinguished and Blue at Grey Haven has lost the edge it had a few years ago. The decor is nice and the service very good but there are two major problems: #1. The chef has become just too damn creative. My excellent swordfish had so much garbage on it that open had trouble tasting the fish. #2. The noise is deafening. Anyone with a hearing problem is going to have a very difficult time carrying on a conversation..Putting up some sort of wall coverings on the brick walls and rugs on the hard floors would detract from the modernistic decor but help the sound level considerably..Angela's mussels were simply prepared and excellent. The spring roll (oxtail) was awful. More like an egg roll and deep fried. A spring roll should be light not heavy like a rock. Bottom line, its still the best restaurant around but it could easily be so much better.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Jackson, Mississippi
“Really Good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

In using Trip Advisor to help choose a restaurant, we always look for those reviews written by people who have lots of them under their belt. If a restaurant gets four or five stars from people who have experience at this sort of thing, then it is worth visiting. And that's the way it was for us with Solo Bistro. The previous reviewers capture the place well. I had the prix fixe Hake special while my wife had the salmon, and both were excellent. The cocktail my wife had was gone in no time as was my imported dark beer. And the salads were fresh and dressed just right. The service was as good as it gets -- very attentive and informed, but not hovering or pushy -- just right. We look forward to returning.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Pittsboro N.C.
“Good Casual Dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

The restaurant is located on the main street in Bath. It has 2 rooms and a downstairs bar. The decor is simple. The menu is limited but they offer a special every day which includes app., dinner and desert. The menu has plenty to offer with a good wine selection at reasonable prices.The food is very good, the portions are on the small size. I think they use local ingredients for almost everything they can. Service was good we made a reservation and were seated promptly.
Overall a nice evening we would go again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sarasota, FL
“Outstanding experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Six of us who have known each other for over 40 years but haven't been all together in 20+ years were together in Bath Me and the local residents recommended this restaurant for a good meal. We had been eating lobster for three days and were looking for something different. What a great find!! The atmosphere is modern but cozy with good lighting and clean appearance. The waitress was very attentive and very tolerant of us "older folks" and our attempts at humor. She really was good natured. Martinis at $10 each were medium sized, but were shaken a little too long, allowing the ice to water the vodka/gin. The a la carte solo greens salad was big enough for two to share with crisp fresh greens, and candied walnuts with blue cheese crumbles. The Caesar salad was also fresh with a house made dressing.
The local oysters on the half shell were to die for. plump and the perfect combination of sweet and salty. Served with a vinagarette sauce. I usually use cocktail sauce and horse radish. Neither were available here and how fortunate for me. The natural flavor of the oysters was the best I have had. The steak Frites was a hanger steak cooked to perfection and very tender. We all tasted each other's dishes. The duck was crispy and cooked perfectly. The scallops were to die for!! served over flavored grits, which usually just make the plate sloppy, was a work of flavorful art. We cleaned our plates. Two of us had the Eleanor buttercup and boar bacon burgers. They were at least a half pound of ground beef with slices of boar bacon. The two diners said they were good but I didn't hear the raving from them that I did from the other 4 diners. If I ever get back to Bath this is a must visit place on my list. Prices were actually moderate for the quality and quantity. dinner for two, with cocktails and wine and appetizer/salad and 20% tip was $130. Don't miss this one..

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Extraordinarily fabulous food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I love this place. Every time I go I am always pleased. Today I had the cucumber vichyssoise and salmon sandwich. The salmon was cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth. The homemade chips served on the side were sinfully delicious. The vichyssoise was rich and tasty. I have had their burgers, various soups, lamb, fish, salads and all have been great. Only here for the summer so had to have my Solo fix before I head back to VA. Cannot wait until next year. Great service and great food prepared with care. Always fresh and delicious and artfully inspired. One of the best restaurants in Mid-Coast Maine.

Visited July 2014