“The Best” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Kismet Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
Kismet Inn
You added Kismet Inn to your Saves list
44 Summer Street, Bath, ME 04530   |
Ranked #3 of 6 Bath B&B and Inns
New York Metro Area
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

We stayed at this memorable inn for one night in early July. Our only disappointment was that we didn't plan to stay two nights. Shadi is more than an innkeeper; she is a knowledgable and friendly guide to the area, a keeper of spices and conversations. Our room was compact, yet beautifully appointed. Breakfast was unique: eggs with a mixture of spices we've never encountered--at least not in eggs! Everything was fresh, delicisous, and organic. Shadi was sensitive to dietary restrictions, and found creative ways to please our palates as well as honor our restrictions.
The inn is peaceful, meticulously kept up, and a joy to come back to after a day exploring.
And, Bath is a jewel, a quiet secret in busy summertime Maine.
For my wife, the highlight might have been a yoga class at the inn the next morning. She told me afterwards it was like a private session.
We are plotting our return to Kismet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rockville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

I recently had a wonderful stay at Kismet Inn and enjoyed every moment of it. Shadi is the most kind, caring, generous and attentive host. She has an excellent taste and everything in the Inn is pleasing to the eye. Her kitchen is beautiful and she prepares the meals with organic, healthy, tasty ingredients. Her attention to detail and the way she cares for her guests are extraordinary and her Inn is a beautiful, restful sanctuary. I hope to go back again soon. Faezeh

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Brockville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Hospitality, great food, yoga, nice area of town, easy walk to main street, clean & quiet.
Massage service a little pricey ($120/hour). Area not touristy, close to great beaches (Popham and another State park). Shadi is right on recommending Five Island Lobster Co. for lobster rolls and Solo Bistro Bistro for dinner.

Peterborough, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Stayed in Sept 2010. We had a wonderfly relaxing stay and are so happy that we took advantage of some of the extras. We did couples yoga and massage and it was a great experience. The food was amazing- we hope to go back again soon.

• Stayed September 2011
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I recently stayed at the Kismet Inn while in Bath for a friend's wedding. The bride strongly recommended the Kismet to me, and I was looking forward to my stay. Through the emails leading up to my stay, the innkeeper (Shadi) and I discovered we had Indianapolis in common, which made me look forward to meeting her even more! Shadi was so attentive to me and the other guests all weekend and she really made my weekend delightful. It was a very rainy weekend (as in constantly raining) but the sun was shining brightly inside the Kismet! Shadi's breakfasts were amazing and the atmosphere was so peaceful. I wasn't able to take advantage of the yoga or massages due to a shoulder injury, but I took naps & read my book to relax instead! My room was cozy, quiet, and soothing. The afternoon tea was such a treat! The location of the inn is really ideal, as it is just up the hill from the farmer's market and the shops and dining on Front Street. I HIGHLY recommend staying at this Inn while you're in Bath. Shadi and The Kismet Inn radiate warmth, peace, and love! You may walk in a stranger, but you will leave as friend for life!

Room Tip: I enjoyed my stay in the Safari room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Kismet Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
You are so right about our connection and I so hope to come for a visit to Indy. I loved the marshmallows from Indy. I also loved meeting and hosting you, it was such a pleasure to have a guest such as you, caring and easy going. Hope you will come back again and again. Thank you for your stay.
Boylston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2012

I traveled from Massachusetts to the Kismet Inn on July 3rd, 2012, arriving worn and tired but wondering what my 4-night stay would bring. From the moment I entered Shadi's extraordinarily beautiful sanctuary called the Kismet Inn, I was in a new world that somehow felt just like coming home. All that Shadi does - her food preparation, artistry in decor, thoughtful recommendations for what a guest truly would need and enjoy - is done with genuine love and kindness. I experienced simply the best in yoga, massage, therapies, soaking, and exfoliation that took me to La La Land. The location of Kismet in Bath is picture perfect across from the Bath city park with the Spirit of the Sea fountain in view and audible as you savor your tea in the library. The tulip sofa was my favorite reading spot. It's just a short walk to the riverfront and to unique shops & outstanding dining - I went to the Solo Bistro on a Friday evening and listenened to jazz while dining. It's a lovely drive to Coastal Maine Botanical Gardens in Boothbay and a short drive to Popham Beach. On a morning walk/run, I arrived at a forest park with a trail to a Kennebec River Overlook. There are so many other things to see and do, but time at the inn itself is so wonderful that you don't need to go anywhere, and when you do, you will love coming back to Kismet. Thank you, Shadi - you are a gem. Reader, get thee to Kismet Inn - what are you waiting for??!!! You will find your kismet.

Room Tip: Sabalan, with Japanese soaking tub, was my personal sanctuary and the perfect choice. Shadi gave me...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
, Owner at Kismet Inn, responded to this review, July 14, 2012
Dear A, you restored my body, mind and soul by being a guest at the inn ~ thank you. I hope to see you back many times over so I can be just as restored.
Manchester, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at Kismet Inn , relaxed and energised. Shadi have tought of everything and she is very hospitable and accomodating. We were treated like a family not a guest. We felt beeing on our second honeymoon.the place is extremly clean .
The daily Yoga class was great start of our day. For the first time I tried Yoga at Kismet Inn , kate the instructor is great and made me definitly want to continue Yoga, I just hope I can found a teacher as good as Kate here in our area , Manchester, NH.
We definitly go back and already recommanded Kismitt Inn to our freinds looking for a wonderful and relaxing get away. ThankyouShadi for making our week- end a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: Every room is great and have a totally renovated private bathroom
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Kismet Inn? Share your experiences!