“Awesome in every way” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
NY
“Awesome in every way”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

These are the kinds of hotels that I like to stay at when I'm in the United States. This hotel was clean, walking distance to some great restaurants in town, had a free internet station, free parking, and a pool and whirlpool. I stayed on an award stay, and I think was good use of my HHonors points. Would gladly return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Trenton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Good location - walking distance to shops and restaurants. Hotel was clean and staff was friendly Felt safe even though our room was on the ground floor. Nice large rooms with all necessary amentities

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Richmond, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

I think Hampton Inn is our new go-to place wherever we might stay. Bath is not too big to begin with anyway but this hotel is located on the edge on the water, easily walkable to the shops, ice cream stores, restaurants, with the marina across the way and a nice park on the back side. Staff were all friendly. Appreciated front staff just acknowledging our presence with a "We'll be with you as soon as possible" even though they were obviously busy with previous customer and not just sitting around. The hotel appears new so has the advantage of appearing very clean and fresh. Room size was quite spacious and the bathroom very reasonable. The shower was a stall, an oversized one at that, but a nice tub would have felt more luxurious. There is a hot egg and meat option which changes daily - we were there for 4 mornings and only had 1 repeat. I think unfortunately everything is just microwaved and if we had stayed another day we would have gone out for breakfast but nice to have been saved the extra cost. There was also cereal, make-your-own-waffles, fruit salad, toast, tea/coffee/juices. Plenty of parking. We were there over 4th of July with a carnival just down the street (the usual booths but real maple syrup as an option for fried dough was a nice touch) and a guy was out making sure carnival-goers didn't take up guest parking spaces. There is a nice restaurant across the street where you can sit outside. A bit pricey but seems to be the going rate for the area. Would definitely return next time.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Unfortunately I was unable to enjoy our stay at this hotel because I had an unexpected death in my family two days before our scheduled reservation.

Amidst the chaos of trying to schedule a trip home to bury my family member and experiencing the grief of a loss, calling to cancel my reservation wasn't at the forefront of my mind.

You would think that a hotel of such caliber would show a little grace in these situations and perhaps offer even a partial refund, but not this place! If you don't call to cancel, you'll receive a charge in the full amount. I called customer service and they said a refund is in the discretion of the hotel and she didn't have the power to override their decision to keep my $1230.00.

Terrible way to do business! A very expensive and unfortunate few weeks it has been...

Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This is a big new Hampton Inn located where you can easily walk into the town of Bath. The front desk people were very nice and the hotel was very clean. The pool looked great, but we did not go in.

We had the river view room and the view when you were laying down or sitting was very pretty. There is a marina and some kind of yard across the street though, so standing in the window looking down was not quite as scenic.

My only disappointment was the breakfast - they had this scrambled egg thing that I had not seen at a Hampton Inn before - I prefer the omelets.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Massachusetts, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I had a very nice stay at this new, well staffed and run Hampton overlooking the Kennebec River north of the Sagadahoc Bridge. Large rooms with typical Hampton annenities, what made this stay special was the staff, and the LOCATION - dining and shopping even in walking distance and ideal for exploring Bath and nearby areas.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Deering, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We had a great stay. We had a family reuinion and the location was prime for us. I think this hotel is overpriced but it is due to the tourist area. Hotel was clean and for us a good location. I wish we stayed longer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn Bath Brunswick? Share your experiences!