“TOTALLY Foodgasmic "Oh Boy Doughboy"!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch
Bangor,Maine
“TOTALLY Foodgasmic "Oh Boy Doughboy"!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Whenever my hubby and I come to the island, we always drive to Bass Harbor and get an "Oh Boy Doughboy" from Maine-ly Delights. They are one of the most fabulous desserts you will EVER put in your mouth!

They start with a delicious fried dough, then top it with various toppings. We got it half and half, meaning we paid an extra dollar to have half of it topped with vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, and whipped cream. The other half was topped with vanilla ice cream, strawberries and sauce, and whipped cream. Oh. My. Gosh. It was so flippin' good!!! Totally worth the $7.99 we paid for it!

Now the other food is good, but nothing ranks higher than their "Oh Boy Doughboy".

• Visited August 2013

Saint John, Canada
“Very tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Our camera club stumbles on this place as our GPS was trying to tell us where a gas station was. It was getting on lunch time and I was attracted to the deck and it's wonderful view of the Harbour.
I must say my sandwich, a BTL was delicious and very fresh as were to our added surprise the home made potato chips. Would I eat there again, oh yes.

• Visited August 2013
Geneva, New York
“Maine-Ly my FIRST choice when I return!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

A "fish shack". I've traveld the coast since I was 10 years old, and for the last 40 years we ALWAYS looked for this type of place. Quality food, unpretentious service, reasonable pricing. Sit outside and feel the ocen breeze while you eat the FRESHEST seafood available. Who cares if we eat off paper? The FOOD is what is most important here. View of the Harbor, and the ferry, right from your seat... a MUST go to if you venture to the quiet side.

• Visited June 2013
Asheboro, North Carolina
“Great views and real good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

While exploring the quiet side of Mt. Dessert Island, we stumbled across Maine-ly Delights right before sunset. Although a little chilly, we opted to sit on the deck to enjoy our dinner. The view of the harbor was wonderful as the boats came in and the sunset. The food was wonderful. The lobster was nicely presented and tasted great. The fried clams were done right, light breaking allowed us to taste the clam in each bite. My son, the burger man, enjoyed his cheeseburger. But the best of the evening was the lobster stew. Perfectly seasoned broth brought out the sweetness of the lobster and there was enough lobster for every spoonful. Overall, we enjoyed our meal and would go again.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Deep fried food done right”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

My family went here on a local recommendation and we weren't disappointed. Great fried crab and haddock. Home made chips are good. It's BYOB and seating is limited. Service is friendly but very quick and business like. No real gluten free options for my daughter but
they did whip something up that worked. Nice harbor view and casual atmosphere

• Visited July 2013