“Great Hotel, Best of Bangor” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Bangor
Wicklow, NB
“Great Hotel, Best of Bangor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

W really like this hotel. The rooms are clean, the pool and hot tub are great (Last 2 trips though the jets have been not working in the hot tub). The breakfast is truly a deluxe breakfast (only 1 Belgium waffle maker, so the line up for it is frustrating). The staff are excellent! The service is great. We stay here when we travel to Bangor. It's my preferred hotel

It is not close to the malls, but a quick jump on the interstate gets you there in 5 minutes

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
CJ-Shaw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bangor, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Joe,

We appreciate your continued patronage as a frequent guest to our Fairfield Inn Bangor. We value you as our guest and are glad to be your hotel of choice when visiting this area.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback and I understand how the Jacuzzi jet failure along with long breakfast lines can be disappointing. However, I am glad that the service you experienced outweighed these concerns and you were able to have an overall positive experience with us. Also, the Jacuzzi jets are noted and we plan to break ground and fix this shortly as well. Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to your next visit to see us!

Fairfield Inn Management

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Portland, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stay at Fairfield Inns throughout New England and have stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Bangor many times over the past 12 months. Its always a good value with very comfortable beds. The continental breakfast is wonderful with a good mixture of breakfast items. The front desk is very friendly and has given me good advise on many great area restaurants. I stay here every time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CJ-Shaw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bangor, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience while staying with us. We take pride in having the best product and providing excellent service. I am glad you were able to experience this on your recent visit and we would love to be your host again soon! Thank you again for your time and valuable feedback.

-The Fairfield Inn Team
Presque Isle, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Bangor numerous times over the last 10 years. I have always had a good experience. Everyone at the front desk is very helpful. Ryan is normally working behind the desk when I check in and he is always very friendly and very willing to help. He and the rest of the staff always greet you with a smile when you are returning to the hotel for the evening. My stays are normally for several days at a time and housekeeping is always very good about cleaning the room and making sure that I have extra coffee. The breakfast area can get very crowded, but it is always well stocked and a hearty breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
CJ-Shaw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bangor, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Rene,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while visiting Bangor. We are very pleased to be your hotel of choice for so many years. Ryan, the front desk staff, and the housekeeping department have been commended for their contributions to your memorable stay and we all look forward to your next visit. Please come see us again soon and thank you for giving us such great feedback about your recent visit.

-The Fairfield Inn Team
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

We stayed at this property on the 13th of December. We had an updated room with very comfortable beds. The room was very clean and updated. The free breakfast is very good with several hot and cold items available. The pool area was clean and enjoyable. The staff was very pleasant. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again on business or with family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CJ-Shaw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bangor, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We hope to see you back in Bangor again soon!

CJ Shaw
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

I choose this hotel since they had a Certificate of Excellence 2013. But when I got to the hotel check in was slow. The room I had had dirty sheets. The TV remote did not work. The bathroom was not clean. The staff seemed not to care about the issues. It took 5 hour and calling the desk 6 times to get clean sheets and a new remote. The location was not the best to many people wondering outside at night. I will not come back to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CJ-Shaw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bangor, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Dear Maggie,

Thank you for letting us know about your recent experience as this is our greatest tool to enhance future stays. I understand you encountered some service flaws and I apologize for the inconvenience. I have followed up with the appropriate departments and can assure you that these issues were not up to our normal operating performance. Please accept my sincere apology and we hope you will come back to visit us again. Please feel free to contact me directly as I would love to ensure a flawless stay on your next visit.

CJ Shaw
Maine, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights to do some holiday shopping. The room was clean and well maintained. It was pretty well booked but I was amazed at how quiet it was. We were disappointed that they had done away with luggage racks in the rooms. My husband went to the front desk to get one only to be told there weren't any in the hotel. He was given a handicapped shower bench to put our suitcase on. The breakfast area was packed and it was hard to even get to the food but that is fairly typical with Fairfield Inns. They offered a good selection and staff was great at keeping things stocked. The front desk staff was pleasant and and available at all times. It was an enjoyable stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Jane,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience with us. We are that glad you had a great stay and we appreciate your patronage. We are all looking forward to your next visit to Bangor!

-Your Friends at The Fairfield Inn
Dartmouth, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Nice stay, rooms could have been a little bit cleaner! Quick check in and out! Was really overpriced but we had no other option at the time. There were alot of people staying at this hotel on Friday night, eating area was very small.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
CJ-Shaw, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bangor, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience. I have addressed your cleanliness concerns with the appropriate department, however I am glad that you received prompt service and had a good stay. We look forward to your next visit to Bangor!

Been to Fairfield Inn Bangor? Share your experiences!