“For the price this hotel is ok. The free buffet is quite...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Bangor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Bangor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

Thinking about your arrival to the hotel, how would you rate the…

1 2 3 4 5
Were all the staff members in uniform?
Overall appearance of the lobby

Guest Room

Thinking about the Guest Room experience, how would you rate the…

Cleanliness of Guestroom
Comfort of Bed
Quietness of the room
Room Air Quality (Odor)
Guest Room furnishings
Quality of television and programming
Quality of room lighting

Guest Bathroom

Thinking about the Guest Bathroom experience, how would you rate the…

Cleanliness of Bathroom
Bath/Shower Experience

Restaurants / Room Service / Bar

Thinking about your experience, how would you rate the…

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

Our stay at the Ramada in Bangor was a disappointment to us due to the temperature of the hotel. The main issue was caused by a heating/ac unit that was a wall mounted unit that didn't function. The inaction by staff to address the situation makes it the worst experience I've ever had at any hotel or motel.

Upon check-in, the front desk was amazing. Everything went well and we were on our way to the room. The stairwell that we were directed to use, accessed from inside the building, was frigid. I commented we should use the lobby stairs, because the lobby was quite warm. The hallway to our room was also exceptionally cold. I assumed the section must have been shut down until there were a higher number of guests. I expected it would quickly warm up.

We got to our room and I turned on the wall heater. It turned on for less than 5 minutes and then turned off again. I had it around 72, which is what I use at home. I called the front desk for help. The front desk told me they'd send someone up and to let them know if it was still too cold. A young man was there within a few minutes. He didn't have any information for me as to how to get the heat working except to force it on and to let the desk know if it still wasn't working. I packed up the kids for a swim, but they were too chilled to even go in the pool. I decided to go ask for help again. I notified the front desk again, but no solution was provided.

The pool area was clean. The halls and rooms were clean. The tiny TV worked well. There was no plug available for the coffee maker. The restaurant and free breakfast were fine. I saw a great little workout spot. The hotel had the potential to be a five star stay, but the heating issue and inaction to fix it destroyed my impression.

Room Tip: Make sure you aren't stuck in a room with a wall heating unit.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jessica N, Front Office Manager at Ramada Bangor, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not satisfactory and that the staff did not offer any solutions to the problems you were having with your heater. I will be sure to have the heater looked at to ensure it is working properly. Next time you are in the area ask to stay in one of our rooms with the top of the line digital thermostat conctrolled heaters.

Been to Ramada Bangor? Share your experiences!