“definitely needs management attention!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn

Save Saved
You added Quality Inn to your Saves list
Quality Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   750 Hogan Rd, Bangor, ME 04401 (Formerly Comfort Inn Bangor)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #15 of 25 hotels in Bangor
Ottawa, Canada
“definitely needs management attention!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

We stayed here on our two week trip in August. The ceiling had quite a bit of water damage and it obviously had never been addressed. The bathroom is so small (narrow) that you have to back out of it. The front desk receptionist (Ben) is clearly not in the right job. He was snarky, curt and at times just down right rude, both on the phone and in person. He needs a refresher in client relations and service orientation. He and the other girl behind the desk seemed to be too busy chatting and laughing to answer any questions or give us any of their precious time. The 'breakfast room' is a tiny hole in the wall with enough room for about 6 -8 people, not exactly appropriate for a motel with a lot of rooms. And the 'breakfast' was, to be generous, meager. And yet, with all of this they still expect top dollar?! My advice, give it a pass and find something better. Choice hotels should step in and clean up their act!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Keene, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

We almost checked out upon entering motel. Reception area was a dump - outdated, dirty and really low class. Fortunately we were too tired to look elsewhere, because our room turned out to be outstanding! Excellent bed and linens. Room and bathroom clean - looked like brand new. Slept like on a cloud.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Florenceville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

This was my first trip to Bangor and when I return, it will most likely be to this hotel! The location was PHENOMENAL! It is right next to the Bangor Mall and close to several good restaurants. The Olive Garden was across the street and Applebee's (my FAVE!) was right next door! Check in was smooth and the room was clean and comfortable. They offer a free breakfast with waffles, eggs and sausage (stayed away from them...both very processed looking), breads, cereal, yogourt and fruit. I don't eat a big breakfast so this suited me fine. Overall, it was a great stay!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Merced, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011 via mobile

Next to ice machine and did not hear it. Smells of mildew but that is 90% daily humidity. Staff is helpful. Breakfast we stayed away from as each time it appeared dirty and unappealing. Something about fake eggs in thin round slices.....

• Stayed June 2011
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed here twice on our trip. The first time we had a reservation and the second we took a chance and hit it again. We found the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. On our second stay, Kathie displayed her knowledge of the reservation system and simply pulled up the information from our last stay and swiftly completed what was needed. We found the rooms in this location somewhat small compared to what we've been used to at other Choice Hotels and that there was no fridge. Some preventative maintenance is required. We had to do a minor fix on our toilet. Overall, a pleasant experience.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Dartmouth, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2011

Great value for the money in a budget hotel. Not run down or smelly and has had some updates. Has a nice fitness area. Is right next to the Bangor Shopping area. Breakfast is included. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
NB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

We arrived to the smell of cigarette butts smouldering on the ground directly on the mat as we entered the front door of the bldg. The female front desk clerk was preparing to leave her evening shift was sharp and not polite to say the least. In all fairness maybe she was tired and just having a bad day. But she could have at least smiled and accommodated us more than she did. I mean for a $109- a night, it certainly is not a cheap hotel and thus, I expected much more.
No accommodation was made to assist us to update my information of my choice privileges card. The employee did not seem to be concerned that the address listed under my choice privileges card was not correct at all, and in actual fact, the address was in a different province than where I am presently living. I also told her that the phone number was incorrect, and I could give her an updated one. She said I would have to call the customer service line to change my information. She left the information as it was (with the wrong address and contact information). What if I had damaged the room and they needed to contact me?? Just a thought, but hey! I paid for the room in cash and thus they would have had no way to contact me.
Old carpets in the hotel reception area, in the elevator, the hallways and the room we stayed in. The carpet was dirty in our room (hairs and crumbs on the carpet) and many long black hairs on the blanket under the comforter. This was just gross. There also small black hairs in the sheets. The room was not clean and it was obvious. Needless to say, we didn’t even shower here in the morning as the drain was making funny noises and gurgling in the sink and the bathroom. We left unsatisfied and not well rested at all. The hotel was noisy and we could hear people in the hall way checking in to their room with late with the and very squeaky luggage carrier...couldn’t they invest in a new one? New carpets are needed to say the least as well.
The 'continental breakfast’ was pretty much gone when we arrived downstairs and there was still an hour and a half left until it finished. We didn’t eat here. We left and as I walked to my car, I realized I had parked in an ashtray! – there must have been about 100 cigarette butts around the driver’s side of my car. Later on, I realized that my child had a cigarette butt stuck to the bottom of her boots. That was pretty gross.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!