“Convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Bangor
Walldorf, Germany
“Convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Nothing to complain about at this place. We had a nice and clean room on the 8th floor overlooking the airport's ramp. It was o reasonable size and well equiped. Bathroom was good, too. Staff at the front desk as well as in the restaurant was very friendly.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear terbang,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay at Four Points. We're delighted that you enjoyed our location, accommodations and service. We hope to welcome you back on your next trip through Bangor. Take care!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Our room although clean had obviously had a bed removed so there was a huge space with no furniture, couch, chair, table? Nothing just empty space. Then there was a desk. With a LARGE hole in it. Like something stationary had been removed. No refrigerator microwave like in photos. One chair. Sink did not drain and comforter cover was very pilled. It looked like a bad dorm room! That being said the dining area is attractive and comfortable and location next to BIA is wonderful but honestly the rooms are beyond tired!

• Stayed April 2014
Dear 1210GW,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy our accommodations during your recent stay at Four Points. We take our guest comments very seriously and will share your feedback with our team as we continue to evaluate ways to improve our property and guest experience. We hope you'll give us another chance to make this up to you. Safe travels.
NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

My mom and I stayed here on March 21st and were both impressed. We weren't flying out but we stayed there because of the good price we got off priceline.com. I requested a top floor room with 2 double beds and our requests were granted. The room was VERY clean and looked newly renovated, fresh smell. The beds were really comfy

Parking was free, you bring the ticket up to the front desk on (Level 2 of the building) to get it validated.

I was a bit worried that the planes would keep us up but it didn't at all.

Would definatily recommend it and would love to stay here again!

Room Tip: Room #907 (top floor) was great!!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Lisa W,
We really appreciate your comments, thanks for sharing. We are delighted that you and your mom enjoyed our accommodations, parking and service during your recent stay at Four Points Bangor Airport. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Take care!
Houlton, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This property is very convenient to the Bangor airport. That is the only reason I booked this room. I've stayed here before with my family for the same reason and our experience was so-so then as well. On this trip, my flight arrived at midnight. I was exhausted. I checked in, dragged my bags up to my room, and collapsed for the night. When I woke up the next morning, I looked over at the pillow next to me and found that it was covered in hair. Not my hair. I lifted the pillow up and under the pillow, there was hair. Under my pillow was more hair. Disgusted, I showered, packed up, and left as soon as I could. The rest of the room appeared to be fairly clean but I couldn't find the German Shepherd that apparently slept in the bed before me.

When I checked out, I handed the desk attendant my complaint card, explained my morning find, and she shrugged her shoulders, gave me a pitiful and heartless apology, and asked if I wanted a printed receipt. I didn't expect her to do anything about it but I certainly needed to feel as though she cared enough to at least make sure that the sheets were changed before the next guest.

I won't be staying at this property again. My advice? Save the inflated cost that this hotel charges for its proximity to the airport and invest it in a taxi that will take you to a hotel that cares enough to changes the sheets for you. You won't regret it.

Oh, the breakfast I had was wonderful. It is not included with your room expense, however.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Melissa C, Starwood Hotels at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear romantravelingirl,
We are so sorry that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Four Points. We take our guest comments very seriously. Our sheets are thoroughly cleaned however we will review your comments with housekeeping to ensure that our process meets expectations. We hope we can make this up to you should you give us another chance. Please reach out to our GM at viviancammack@fourpointsbangor.com should you wish to discuss your experience further. We sincerely hope the rest of your stay in Bangor was a good one.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Very convenient airport hotel, excellent room. Unfortunately booked via smartphone using 'roomstays.com'. Customers pay full rate for room PLUS a $9.95 fee tacked on my roomstays. Look carefully when booking online or by smartphone and make sure you are dealing directly with the hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Valerie_Cross, Front Office Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2014
Hi Sami S,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review.

We are glad the hotel exceeded your needs and expectations.

I'm sorry that you had an unfortunate experience with an online third party. For the best rates, always book directly with the hotel.

We hope to see you again!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I would NEVER stay here again. Choose a cheaper (better) hotel and pay the small fee for a taxi to get you there from the airport.

We chose to stay here because it is located beside the airport and connects with a tunnel to the airport. Also, our travel agent assured us we could park here for free while away on our vacation. When we arrived, an older man was working at the front desk. I can only assume he is the owner because he certainly acts like he owns the place. He was immediately rude to my mother when she asked about the parking and barked at her that she'd have to pay for it. Okay, fine, misunderstandings happen. We did notice he was much more polite to the men who came later to go to the bar located next to the lobby, and he was also more polite to my father.

When we got to our room, we had a cot. We folded down the sheets and found that both the bottom and top sheets were stained with blood. Gross. I called the front desk, told him the problem, and he promptly hung up on me. Luckily, he did sent a very kind and helpful young man who changed the sheets and apologized profusely for this problem.

After we were asleep (early morning flight the next day), the phone rang. The man from the front desk identified himself and said, "Did you just come in with the military group that arrived?" When I said no, he said "Oh, wrong room" and again hung up the phone. No apology, no goodbye.

When we left for the airport in the morning, a young and friendly girl was at the front desk.

Two weeks later, we returned from our trip and arrived at the hotel at midnight. We had one room booked but I decided to get a second room so that we could all sleep more comfortably. I'd looked up their website before arrival and saw a rate of $125 for the night. At the front desk, I requested a second room and they said it would cost $135. When I pointed out the rate listed on their own personal website, the rude man from our first trip told me that it was only available online and as a "non-refundable rate". I pointed out that it was midnight and I clearly wasn't going to need the refund. Too bad, I'd still have to pay $135. At that point I pulled out my phone and started to book the cheaper rate, online, right in front of them. The old man rolled his eyes and the younger lady working with him quickly said that she'd give me the $125 rate and work it out with her Manager the next day.

The next morning, we saw the older man wandering around the hotel. He made a point of going to the front desk when we checked out and specifically ignoring us. He wouldn't take the room key from our hands, didn't say anything, just stared at us and pointedly ignored my mother when she said 'thank you'.

Again, I can only presume that he is the owner of this hotel. If so, then it's time he does his business a favour and stick to office jobs and not working with customers. If he's not the owner, it's time the owner does himself a favour and gets this man away from working with the public (or at least working with women, as he seemed to be polite to any of the men in the building).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Hi Cnd_SG,

Please accept our sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us.

We have spoken to the associate in question and also the Housekeeping Manager about the condition of the roll away.

We hope you would consider staying with us again, in hopes that we can exceed your expectations next time.

Saint John, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I decided to take a break and come to Bangor on a bit of a shopping trip, we chose the Sheraton based on their level of quality. I am sorry to say that this property did not live up to that benchmark.

First there was an issue with parking. They do not tell you on reservation where to park. Since this is by the airport, you end up using the short term lot, but it took a lot of driving around to find every lot full (including the one marked Hotel parking). The room is nice, but there wasn't a listing of hotel amenities anywhere.

We did find the pool, if you can call it that. It was a very small L shaped puddle of water that could only hold maybe two to three adults.

We thought about treating ourselves to room service, but the menu was limited and much more expensive than they had listed online. We went to the restaurant on site but the menu wasn't much more varied and the prices were the same as room service. The burger I had, was good though as was the craft beer.

I guess the moral of the story is you can't always believe what the hotel's website says. We could have gotten the same level of service and amenity much cheaper elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014
Hi JJS_in_NB,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to write a review.

There is a map posted on our website (as well as here at Trip Advisor) helping to explain the parking. Because we are connected directly to the Bangor International Airport via an enclosed skywalk, it is set up a bit differently that most hotels.

The trend in hotel pools are towards the smaller, boutique size pools. I'm sorry it did not meet your expectations.

Our menus are on our website so no one has surprises when they arrive here. We do have excellent food and we're glad you were able to enjoy a hamburger and one of our Best Brews.

Again, thank you for staying with us.

Front Office Manager

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Bangor Airport? Share your experiences!