“An unexpected delight!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 25 hotels in Bangor
Natick
“An unexpected delight!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

This was an unexpected delight. Traveling on business I arrived for an early check-in. The desk clerk was on the phone so I had a few minutes to look around the lobby. The attention to detail was incredible; looked like a four star hotel. From the get-go, and to a person, the staff was extraordinarily friendly, and helpful. My room, like the entire place, was immaculate! Good wireless , heated outdoor pool, indoor Jacuzzi, bakery cookies in the lobby. While the breakfast was not so good, there is a Dysart's Truck Stop across the way. The breakfast area has floor to ceiling windows on two sides giving a spectacular view and a nice place to just sit. For those incline there are board games available.The water pressure was not great, but I will be sure to stay there again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that you enjoyed our hotel and we look forward to your next stay. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy breakfast but I believe you will be happy with the changes we are making to it.

258 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Rosh ha'ayin,Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

we stayed there for 2 nights on a family vacation. at the first night we had a room on the old part of the hotel - we could not sleep all night ! it was a very big room but old - the smell was very bed, it was very warm and the window aircondition mada a lot of noise - it was terrible. at the morning we ask for another room - they gave us a room in the new part of the hotel - this night was OK.
If you go there - insist on a room on the new part.
Other thing is the breakfast - was just OK, we did not like the cup stand there for tipping...
In general - it can be a perfect hotel but it is not now

Room Tip: Insist on rooms only in new part of hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that you did not enjoy the family room you requested the first night. I am glad that you did enjoy your second night in the executive room with the two king size beds. We hope that you will stay with us again soon.
Bangkok
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

There is not a great deal to add to comments made by other reviewers, so I will keep this brief.

- staff were professional and welcoming.
- room was a good size, beds comfortable, pretty much all amenities as expected aside from a safe BUT: the room I was given faced the Interstate and as you can imagine there was plenty of traffic noise. Maybe if the airconditioner/heater was running this would make the noise from the road less noticeable.
- the breakfast offerings were above average - plenty to choose from and a nice sunny breakfast room too.

On balance I would happily stay here again so long as I could guarantee a room facing away from the traffic. Lastly, the hotel is a little outside of central Bangor - Bangor Mall is about 8 miles away and the city center about 5.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing away from I95 if you want a good night's sleep!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that the traffic noise from I-95 bothered you. We are conveniently located right beside the interstate. Please do in your future stays with us, ask for a room at the end of the building away from the highway. I am glad that you enjoyed the other parts of your stay.
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

After a long day of travel by plane the day before, and a drive up from Manchester, NH that day, we were pleased to find the White House Inn. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, and remembered that I had told her my husband would be thrilled to have one of the cookies available at the registrtion desk. When he came in through the lobby, she said, "I've been saving these for you", and he was delighted. These personal touches make one feel very welcome, and that makes a big difference.

The room was clean and comfortable. Being able to access the rooms from the outside or the hallway was very convenient. however, it would have been even more so if there had been a ramp to the walkway on the outside so that my husband who uses a motorized scooter could enter that way as well as through the lobby.

Breakfast offerings were varied and adequate. My husband used the exercise room, too, and found it clean and useful.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad that your husband enjoyed his cookie. They are quite delicious and come from the restaurant next door. We hope to see you again soon.
Hyde Park, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

After being on the road for twelve hours (Granted that three were on the St. John/Digby Ferry), the Best Western White House Inn was a welcome sight. The desk clerk was friendly and professional and our check-in was painless. The rooms were marvelous, including gas fireplaces, lots of room, and were clean as a button!
Due to past expansion the Inn is spread out, but finding our rooms was simple thanks to the desk clerk's easy to follow directions.
We would happily stay there again, particularly since it is but a short walk to Dysart's Truck Stop, a restaurant well worth a visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know you enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that we were here waiting to welcome you after your long tiring day. I hope that you will come back to see us soon.
Scituate, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for just one night while attending a family function nearby. The location off 95 is very convenient. Check in and out was quick and easy. The room with King bed was extremely clean and comfortable, with a great TV, refrigerator, excellent AC (it was over 90 degrees in northern Maine!) and plenty of towels. When we arrived there were quite a few people having a good time in the small pool. Breakfast was OK, not great, although the coffee was really good and certainly the price was right. We thought the hotel was a bit expensive, but not too bad. Prices may be lower in the off season, plus we stayed there on a Saturday night. We would stay here again. The Dysart's truck stop restaurant (within easy walking distance) had a great menu but we didn't have a chance to eat there.

Our only minor complaint is that there was a strange smell in the hallways and stairwells, sort of a combination of mold and disinfectant. The room did not have this odor.

Note: In error I rated room service. I'm not sure if this hotel has room service, and in any case we didn't use it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. We love to hear how guests enjoyed their stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The location was great. Close to the interstate so that getting to the mall and restaurants was easy. Family all enjoyed the pool. The room the first night was on the second floor, with two big beds. Very comfy. No traffic noise to speak of. On our return night, we had a room on the third floor and it seemed quite small with the cathedral ceiling, but we made out fine. The breakfast was lovely. Several hot items, yogurt, fruit, a make your own waffle machine, and cereals, too. That saved us $40 each day, so I think it was great!! I found the desk staff very friendly and helpful as well.

Room Tip: Some rooms have doors to the outside which you may like.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued patronage. We certainly appreciate your business and hearing how you enjoyed your stay. I will make sure to share your comments with the staff. They work very hard and love to here when someone ejoys their efforts. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to BEST WESTERN White House Inn? Share your experiences!