“Trip to Maine” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston MA
“Trip to Maine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The motel is in between interstate 95 and the biggest truck stop in Maine. I thought this was going to be a problem but it was not. The motel was very clean and quiet, you could not hear the highway or the truck stop. There was a nice bar on the lower level. The closest place to eat was Dysart's truck stop. The food was excellent and plentiful and family friendly. I would recommend staying here. Motel staff was very nice and helpful. Note; this motel is just outside of Bangor, you do need to drive 10 min to get to the city.

Room Tip: 3rd floor rooms are quietest. the place is pet friendly.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
whitehouse3737, Manager at BEST WESTERN White House Inn, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your stay at our property. Our staff loves to hear about a job well done and I am glad that you found everything to be quiet. I am happy to hear you had a great meal at Dysarts. They are actually going to be featured on a segment on the food channel. It was an exciting day when the crew was there filming. Hope to see you on your next trip to Bangor.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Lisbon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We were waiting for the desk clerk to finish checking in the person ahead of us, This woman who clearly had been swimming, went behind the desk and checked us in! She was in a bathing suit, wrapped in a towel!! Then said our room number out loud, a huge secuirty issue!! I had called and made a reservation was quoted the AAA rate but upon checkin wasn't given it. Had to go back to desk to get this corrected. The room was on the 3rd flr, it looked like an attic! The window was on the roof! In the breakfast room the next morning, every single table was dirty! The food was barely warm! Upon checking out, I asked the GSR if they normally allow the employees to use the pool, I was told with attitude this was sometimes allowed. I have worked as a Guest Services Representative for just over 10 1/2 years for both a mid priced hotel and budget motels and this was not the case. Very unprofessional GSR. The housekeeping staff we came across however were very friendly!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We do allow our hotel staff to use our services here such as the exercise facility, hot tub and outdoor heated pool when these services are not in use by hotel guests. We believe in promoting health and wellness in our staff. I apologize that the guest service agent on duty was helping an elderly guest with the operation of one of our brand new 42 inch flat screen TVs. As our employee who was not on duty stepped into the lobby, she was greeted by a line of guests waiting to check in. She is very customer service oriented and immediately wanted to help the guests waiting as she was not sure where the on duty guest service agent was. We have informed her that while we appreciate her enthusiam and her willingness to go above and beyond, she needs to be in proper uniform as she offended one of our guests.
Fredericton, NB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

We have stayed at this hotel a few times and I figured I would comment on it. The only negative I have is that I stayed at a company rate and when I booked, they didn't mention that I would need to show company ID. Unfortunately, I switched purses before I left and didn't have company ID on me. Thankfully they allowed me to request a fax from my work and show proof.

The hotel itself a bit old, but it is well kept. My kids loved the pool and the large indoor hottub. I found that breakfast was pretty good for a freebie breakfast. The breakfast room is nice and large and kept neat.

We stayed on Aug 1 and again Aug 6. When we checked back in on Aug 6th, I needed to show the company ID again, even though I had only stayed there a few days prior. The attendant was quite rude, which was disappointing, as we only had good service before. He also very gruffly commented "this was booked for 2 and there are 4 of you". I pointed out that we stayed only a few days earlier with the same reservation and that was fine. He just gave me a cold look and handed me my room key.

My only other complaint I would have is that it is fairly close to a truck stop, so you do get the noise of the big rigs. However, it wasn't enough to wake you or keep you awake.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a returning guest. I apologize that the gentleman was not as kind as he should have been at check-in. Unfortunately, we have had guests that do not qualify for programs try to book and stay with us. Instead of doing away with the program we are simply asking that the guests present some sort of proof that they qualify for the program. This is also required when offering other discounts such as AAA/CAA, Military or AARP. I am so glad that your kids enjoyed the outdoor heated pool and hot tub. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Bangor.
Quincy, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Recently stayed here on our way to and from Nova Scotia from Boston. Rooms were clean, spacious, and had ever helpful microwaves, mini-fridges, and coffee makers. We had no problem with noise or hallway traffic. Ample Parking, great breakfast (my boys LOVED the waffle machine!!), friendly people, warm and clean pool, and a lovely walking path where we saw two deer!! I would highly recommend!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for letting us know you enjoyed your stay. Our entire staff works very hard to make every guest's stay a wonderful experience. We love to hear when we have succeeded. I am glad your boys enjoyed the free continental breakfast. What a treat to see two deer on our walking path. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Caledon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Everything about this hotel was great, especially the very pleasant and friendly staff, clean and comfortable rooms.

The included breakfast was very, very bad. Heat and serve corned beef hash? Plastic plates and cutlery? Everything was disposable; not very green. There was nothing about the breakfast I can praise except the one friendly server.

Also the pool was quite nice but the uneven pool deck was a trip hazard.

Great location close to the interstate.

• Stayed July 2012
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am very that you did not enjoy our free continental breakfast. In addition to the rotating hot items i.e. scrambled eggs or cheese omelet, sausage link or sausage patty, corned beef hash or biscuits and gravy, we always offer make you own waffles, hot and cold cereals, yogurt, apples,oranges, strawberries, white and wheat bread, three types of juices, hot chocolate, coffee, several teas, whole and skim milk, baked beans, a sweet bread or danish, biscuits or bagels. Hope to see you on your next trip to Bangor.
New-Brunswick Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Stayed one night at this hotel on July 23rd 2012. I have to say that I got the night for free using my rewards points so I saved 140$... To be honest its not close to be worth that amount of $$$. The room looked just OK, the bed was comfortable, but the traffic noise was terrible. The hotel is older, but the outside is well maintained. The continental breakfast was good in the morning but I wouldn't return... YS + HT.

Room Tip: Stay away from the HWY side...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for being a valued rewards member. I am sorry that you were not 100 percent satisfied with your stay. I am glad that enjoyed breakfast and hope that you were able to use some of the other great amenities we offer like the outdoor heated pool, indoor hot tub, and exercise room.
Newcastle upon Tyne
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

This is a friendly hotel if you don't mind the traffic noise, but its super close to the freeway and there is no sound proofing. we moved after one sleepless night. Great benefit is being so close to Dysarts who do good food at good prices, although you have to walk through the truck park so its a little hazardous.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are conveniently located by the interstate. I am sorry that the traffic noise bothered you. I am glad that you found our hotel friendly and that you enjoyed Dysarts. On future stays, you are more than welcome to request a room on the other end of the building away from the highway. We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to BEST WESTERN White House Inn? Share your experiences!