“Repeat visit - very good experience again” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Dessert, Ice Cream, Diner
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Takeout
Dole, France
“Repeat visit - very good experience again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

As usual, I pay an annual visit to Nicky's when I visit Bangor ME yearly. Excellent atmosphere: brilliant vegetarian burger: crisp and fresh. I ordered a side of fries and they were more than satisfactory. Feel-good experience.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
karenjday, Owner at Nicky's Crusin' Diner, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you! Glad your yearly visit was enjoyable! See you next time!

Auburn, Maine
“Good food, and Great Deserts!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

As good as the food as, I could live (for awhile anyways) on the deserts at Nicky's. I will say it's been awhile since I have been back, but IF they are still like they were … damn there good.

I say this, because recent stops at some of my favorite eateries has proven to be less then satisfying. Mostly because of the smaller portions. But in some cases, the freshness as well.

I for one will gladly pay the bucks to get the BIG slice of pie / cake, but what I don't like, is getting a small piece and paying a fortune for it. I know times have changed, but damn it, not deserts!

Visited March 2012
karenjday, Owner at Nicky's Crusin' Diner, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you!! Hope we see you soon and you can enjoy your dessert as much as you did last time!
Maine
“Old style diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I like going there with my dad.. it's kind of our spot. So it's nostalgic.. I wouldn't say the food isn't anything to write home about but I like the place and all the maine lisence plates on the wall

Visited July 2012
karenjday, Owner at Nicky's Crusin' Diner, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
We are glad to be "your spot"! Next time you are in we've been painting and rearranging so there will still be license plates to look at but so much more, and we are always striving to better our food for you!
“No Standards.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The place was overstaffed with waitresses passing time by leaning on the soda machine and eating pancakes (with their hands) at the warming counter. I was appalled by the lack of standards. No one was wearing gloves and 'ready to eat' food was being touched with bare hands. We waited several minutes for someone to cash us out at the front (even though there was no line and plenty of staff standing around). We will not be back even though we saved a few dollars.

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
I am sorry you had an unpleasant visit. Unfortunately the waitstaff were snacking on a mistake where they aren't suppose to so I have reminded them where snacks and meals are suppose to be eaten. As for the waitiing for a few minutes to pay, I understand waitiing is extremely frustrating as we've all experienced it at some point in our travels, but if servers were right there eating then they were also right at the register so I can only wish I also had a day and time to know exactly who to let know that they ignored customers for too long a period of time.
Bangor, Maine
“GREAT BREAKFAST!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

If you are in Bangor I highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast! Fast & friendly service, 50's style diner decor with a great selection, and great tasting food! I, personally recommend the biscuits with sausage gravy!

• Visited November 2012