“Lots to look at, retro decore” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Diner, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Dessert
Lewiston, Maine
“Lots to look at, retro decore”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Typical diner food - try the potato chips as they're homemade and served hot. Fun to visit at least once if you find yourself in the area.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
karenjday, Owner at Nicky's Crusin' Diner, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Glad you enjoyed the fresh fried chips!

Belfast, Maine
“food's not bad - if you ever get it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've WORKED in hospitality. We went there when the restaurant was 1/2 empty and over staffed. Took 15 minutes to get a MENU. Waitress had to repeat the order twice to get it. I guess as we walked in and a DIFFERENT waitress was complaining of a one cent tip I should have known better. When we FINALLY got our order taken, and got our food, it was decent. Not over priced, basically - mediocre. They seem to coast on the CAR theme and hope folks who like old vehicles on Wednesday will forgive poor service every other day.Won't be back, even though I'm local. Slow, poor service despite a seemingly adequate staff (I counted TEN between waitresses and cooks) doesn;t carry thos eof us expecting a restaurant to actually SERVE fopod!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
karenjday, Owner at Nicky's Crusin' Diner, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
I am assuming your visit was Sunday 9/2 the day you posted your comment. I wish I knew more like where you were sitting and what time you arrived so I could check to see you waiting for 15 minutes to be set up with your place settings and given menus. The wait for a menu is a bit surprisiing since over half the tables do have menu's already at them, combined with sitting at a table not set up for 15 minutes is a very long time! Unfortunately mistakes do occassionally happen and I like to have details so I can check our camera system and know exactly what happened and then address that mistake. Concerning your server repeating the order I do encourage them to repeat the order to ensure that there wasn't any misunderstanding when taking the order. We do special order quite often so this helps to strive and get the order correct the first time. Having worked yourself in the restaurant industry you should appreciate someone wanting to be sure they have your requests correct! And finally trust me when I say we strive for quality service and quality food. We do not "coast" on our car theme. I am sorry your experience wasn't a pleasant one.
Orono, Maine, United States
“It's a diner”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The food is OK, the service staff friendly. It's interesting to see the memoribilia the first time...

Orrington, Maine
“Wednesday treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Great food, a car cruise on Wednesday and Howie the owner keeps you entertained with his Elvis impersonation

Visited July 2012
karenjday, Owner at Nicky's Crusin' Diner, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
THanks and glad you enoyed your evening! And Howie is a bit of a comic!
Dole, France
“Very good food. Friendly service.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

Good value-for-money 50's looking place. The food is fresh and tasty; service is attentive and the setting is a cute "Happy Days" place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
karenjday, Owner at Nicky's Crusin' Diner, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you and we are glad you enjoyed your visit! Hope to see you all again!