“The room was OK, but the reception I got was not” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Bangor

You added Travelodge Bangor to your Saves list
Travelodge Bangor
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   482 Odlin Road, Bangor, ME 04401 (Formerly Rodeway Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free High Speed Internet
Ranked #24 of 25 Hotels in Bangor
Putnam, Connecticut
“The room was OK, but the reception I got was not”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

I am not sure what to make of the reception I got at the front desk. I had enough Wyndham Hotels reward points to book a free night at this Travelodge, which I did online. When I arrived, the woman at the desk told me there were no free nights available on the "Stay and Fly package" and the rate was $69. I said I didn't know anything about Stay and Fly, I just booked a room for the night using my reward points. OK, she said, I can give you the room for free, but I would have to pay for parking and for the airport shuttle. But that's crazy, I said, I am not leaving my car or going to the airport. I said, let me go to the car and get the printout of the reservation, it has a confirmation number. I took two steps toward the door and she said OK, no problem, it's a free night. Was she clueless? Was she trying to game me? I dunno. Anyway, the room was your typical low-price chain room, and clean enough for me. Good water pressure. Wi-fi worked fine. Breakfast was not very good and served in too small a space to accommodate all the guests.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
White Rapids, NB
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel (which is a joke) in Late November 2010 I was with a group of people and I had booked and paid for the rooms in advance. When we checked in they first tried to give us 2 rooms one on either side of the hotel... when I requested we were together they change rooms for me but the room in which I stayed it was so cold that we slept with an extra layer of clothes on. We had to put towels up against the bottome of the door as there was a huge gap between the bottom of the door and the frame, when I informed the front desk they just laughed.
I filed a formal complaint to the Travelodge and they had the the owners of this one call me. He agreed to give me back the cost of the one room that was in January of 2011 this is now July 2011 and I still have not recieved the refund on my VISA.
My advice is DO NOT STAY THERE.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Lincoln Park, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2011

The room was somewhat clean. The breakfast was mediocre. The pool was pretty nice.
Beds were pretty comfy. TV channels were too few for my taste. The tape job they had done to hold the hair dryer on the wall had failed, so we walked into the room to find that on the floor. The shower had extremely weak water pressure, and the temperature never got above lukewarm. There was what I think was a security guard walking around the halls at night. I felt somewhat safe because of that, but then again, I felt unsafe because what does that mean for the crime in such a hotel? I never saw a problem, though. One other thing: The bathroom door made a loud squeaking sound when I shut it.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We were in town for a wedding. Stayed 2 nights. Fourth of July weekend. OK place for the money. Front desk however was horrible. A/C in room was not working. Guy at front desk said he would "restart"it, which he did not. When we went to check out, we were overcharged on several items, including the rate we were quoted online, and a charge for a room safe we did not use. It took us 1/2 hour to check out, and we were the only ones checking out. Difficult time connecting to the WiFi.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Girdwood, Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

This place cost me $49 for a night. Was it the Four Seasons? No. Was it the appropriate amount of clean to cost $49? Yes. People and their high standards. You don't get something for nothing, and if you pay $100 a night at this place, you're an idiot. It was worth the miniscule amount of money I paid when I was passing through Maine, and I did not find it any dirtier than any other chain hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Musquodoboit Harbour, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

We booked this hotel knowing that because of the price it wasn't going to be much, but we didn't realize how bad it actually was until we got there. We booked two rooms, each room had a nasty smell and was old, dingy, dark and grimy look it it. In each of the rooms, there was plaster dust and pieces that fell down from the ceiling onto the safety deposit box, carpet and on anything that you had hanging on the coat rack (coat rack was mounted to the wall). Obviously they do not do a thorough cleaning of the rooms or they would have had this cleaned up. Also my husband and I misplaced something in the room and while we were looking for it we found miscellaneous items (towels, face cloths, etc) stuck down between the head of the mattress and the wall. Once again, if the rooms were thoroughly cleaned they would have noticed this, as it was not hard to see. We tried to air out the rooms but that did not work, and just tried not to let it bother us since were only there to sleep. The were no extra blankets or pillows in the room. The pillows were as thin as a newspaper, they were horrible, even if you folded it in half there was still nothing much to them. When we turned the heat on to take the dampness out of the room, we quickly turned it off because not only was it very loud but it also was spitting out a dusty, smelling mix of air. The next morning upon checkout my Mother in law went to check out the free contential breakfast in the front lobby, she quickly ran to tell us not to go there and eat because it was not only a joke ( half dozen muffins and come cereal, and a toaster that burned everyone's toast) but it was also dirty (she would know, she's a retired health inspector). The counter where the food was displayed was not clean and the tongs that were supposed to be used to pick up the muffins still had the price tags glued to them, which was a obvious statement that they were never washed. When checking out I asked the man at the front desk for a receipt (I paid via credit card) and he would not provide me one, when I continued to insist he finally gave me one but without any prices on it. I finally just gave up trying. I have stayed in a variety of hotels, motels, resorts, etc and this was the nastiest one I have ever stayed in. We all said that we would never come here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
LILLE, MAINE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2011

I last stayed here two years ago and was pleasantly surprised at the refreshed room I received this time and had two restful nights. The beds and rug appeared brand new and the walls had received a fresh coat of paint. The room was clean and furniture looked updated.. The bathroom was immaculate and I was impressed that the large tub/shower had two firm support bars for easy in and out. The internet worked great for the two laptops we used extensively. The breakfast, although limited, is not uncommon for properties in this price range. My only negatives are that the clutter behind the front desk does not give a positive impression to those checking in and there were full trash containers in one of the stairwells.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Travelodge Bangor? Share your experiences!