“Great bargin.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Bangor
Fredericton, Canada
“Great bargin.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I've stayed at the Super 8 in Bangor several times, usually before or after a flight out of Bangor Airport. If you're looking for a destination hotel with a spa and pool and bar - this isn't it. If you're looking for a great bargin for a quick stay, I would highly recommend this one. The building is older, but any time I've been there the rooms, hallways, lobby, etc. have been very clean. Employees I've encountered have been very friendly, beds are comfortable, there is free wifi, and the breakfast is decent & enough to get you started for the day. Handy to the mall and the airport but far enough away (and off the main drag) that it's quiet.... Tim Horton's right up the street. A very reasonably priced option in Bangor.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint John, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed with my mother for 2 nights at the Super 8 on Odlin Rd in Bangor the first weekend in August. Check-in went great. Got to the room, nothing fancy but nothing to sneeze at either. Clean room and beds. Heard planes taking off but that didn't keep us up. Breakfast was good and staff was very helpful. Had a great time. Definitely will be back for our shopping trips.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Stayed one night with my wife who wasn't keen on staying at a Super 8 motel which I booked because of the great reviews. We needed a place to spend the night before moving on. The room was adequate and very clean. The next day, my wife pointed out that the housekeeping staff was meticulous right down to washing down the room doors! We thought we'd hear the traffic from the highway nearby, but it wasn't an issue, however, a train did pass by around 7:30 in the morning which we did hear as it blew it's whistle. The free buffet breakfast was OK, a lot of carbohydrates (toast, donuts, cereal....) and a fruit cocktail. The staff was very helpful and courteous. I would stay there again and yes, my wife agrees.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manchester, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Great experience - everything I'm looking for in a budget hotel. Safe, clean and quiet. The wireless internet was hit and miss. Breakfast was fine (continental style). Staff was very nice and friendly.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Battle Creek, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We drove from Hamilton, Ontario en route to Acadia National Park and spent Saturday night driving up and down the coast trying to find a hotel with no luck. After a few restless hours in a WalMart parking lot, we found ourselves in Bangor hoping to find something inland. The desk clerk allowed us to check in at 9:30am to get some much needed sleep- a bright spot so far in a rough start to our vacation. The manager(?) allowed me to use his personal computer to search for things to do in the area. Accomodations are just fine- clean and relatively quiet. Would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Spent one night. Hotel is clean and adequate. Chose the place because of decent reviews on Trip Advisor, proximity to airport and good price. My only complaint was the attitude of the young man attending the desk when we arrived near midnight, due to late flight. We had a reservation and had specified time of arrival on reservation. The man at the desk seemed annoyed with us; had surly attitude. He mumbled where we should park and when I asked where our room was he snarled brief directions. We were wandering around in dark parking lot trying to find our room. I should have complained to management in morning--but, it was a new day and I was anxious to hit the road.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Our family vacation got off to a rough start. For the great price I had realistic expectations but the carpets were the dirtiest I've ever seen and the free Internet that was offered did not even work, they were very strict with the 3pm check in.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bangor Super 8 Motel? Share your experiences!