“Great Stay! Amazing Staff!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Bangor
Atlanta, GA
“Great Stay! Amazing Staff!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed here as a place to crash overnight for a visit to Acadia National Park which is about 45 minute drive away. The hotel is conveniently located off of the highway and down a piece of a side road.

The staff are very friendly and accomodating from the front desk to the bartender. There is a restaurant, bar, nice sitting areas, and business center which all are very modern and updated.
The bar seemed to be open pretty late in case you need a drink or late night snack. The rooms were very spacious, modern and clean. I cannot say one bad thing about this hotel. If you are in the area and need a hotel this would be it. You can also get a good deal via Priceline as I believe it is the only hotel listed in the Bangor area so don't be afraid to bid or do the express deal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for the great review! Our associates will be thrilled when I share your thoughts with them. They take great pride in their service to our guests and comments like yours keep them motivated!
We hope to see you back with us on your next trip through Bangor.

At Your Service,
Kim Whitmore
Front Office Manager
Bangor Courtyard by Marriott

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Jordan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This hotel was great - no complaints at all. Staff were nice, rooms were great, and it is right off the highway. I'd for sure stay here again if I was in the area!! Local dining / attractions / shopping were not within walking distance, but with a car that wasn't a problem.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thank you for writing a great review of our property on TripAdvisor! I'm happy that you enjoyed your visit, and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
Frederick, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This hotel was way beyond the norm, from the Starbucks cappuccino's in the lobby to the incredibly good breakfasts. The staff was really friendly and the whole layout of the hotel and lobby was a real surprise to me. Marriot has raised the performance level several notches with this one.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite which gave a lot of room for moving about.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for mentioning that our hotel features Starbucks, I'm very pleased that you enjoyed a cappuccino in our Bistro. I really appreciated your comments about the design of our social spaces. We love it when guests take advantage of our informal meeting & work spaces. Who wants to be stuck in your room ( even if it is a really nice room) working? The entire design of the new Courtyard hinged on delivering the option of social spaces to our guests. I'm extremely happy that you think we've hit the mark! Please come back to see us soon.

St. John's, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Love the location of this hotel. The decor and cleanliness is outstanding. My check in took less then 60 seconds as everything was ready for me as soon as I gave my name. The private courtyard is beautiful and the grounds are well kept.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Our staff works really hard to keep our property looking fresh & beautiful. I'm looking forward to sharing your review with our team. Thank you for reviewing our property on Trip Advisor, and we hope to see you again soon.

Nauwigewauk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

My husband and I stayed one night here while he was traveling for work. The room we stayed in was a king bedroom. The room was exceptionally clean and bright and spacious. The bed was very comfortable although the pillows are not very comfortable as they are flat and small. The linens in the bathroom were great and so were the bed linens. The bathroom is beautiful and very spacious and modern. Air conditioner works perfect. The lobby also is very unique and modern, I loved the atmosphere and colors. The front reception upon check in was swift, friendly and very accommodating. There was also an outdoor garden/courtyard area that is beautiful and looks very inviting. In the lobby breakfast area are little pods with televisions which would be wonderful with children during breakfast meals. The only two drawbacks were the pool is very small so if I had my children it would be disappointing to them. Also I was quite surprised to see that although the breakfast area is nice, you have to PAY for breakfast. It was only my husband and I so it was inexpensive; however if I were traveling with my children I would have been shocked. I am used to courtyard Marriots being continental breakfast free of charge. I feel unless it is a full fledge restaurant on site that we should not have to pay for breakfast on top of hotel fees. The staff at the breakfast bar were not very friendly, unlike the front desk staff who were very friendly. Also at 8am they were out a few things on their limited menu. I would definitely stay here again if it were just my husband and i, because of the beauty and cleanliness of the hotel. I would not stay if traveling with my children, due to the small pool and the breakfast not being continental free.

• Stayed July 2013
I'm so happy to have the opportunity to address the concerns you expressed in your review. Thank you for reviewing the Bangor Courtyard on Trip Advisor. You mentioned that you were surprised that breakfast wasn't included in your rate, I want you to know that you do have the option to include it. We offer a "Stay for Breakfast" rate that would be perfect for your family. It's a really great value for a family of four. You & your husband could have a morning scramble with bacon or sausage, toast, your choice of breakfast potato's or fresh cut fruit and a beverage of your choice. Your children could order fresh eggs or french toast hot off the grill, and their meals also include an orange juice or milk. I'm sorry that you were not aware of this option, if you choose to visit our hotel again I'd love to treat your family to breakfast. Thank you for staying at the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott.

Goliad
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff was friendly, informative about the area, and helpful with maps and directions. Conveniently located near shopping, but not on a main drag that gets a lot of noise. Hotel restaurant offered a good variety of foods for the weary traveller's first night in town. Did not use the spa- not even sure if they had one on site, but the exercise room was a welcome sight for the end of a long day to work out a few kinks.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for mentioning our friendly staff in your review, our team genuinely cares about each of our guests. We are at your service 24 hours a day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if we can assist you in any way while you stay at our property. And yes we do have a pool & spa! Enjoy a nice refreshing dip in our pool on your next visit!

Bowdoin, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

I reserved the room at a ridiculously low price through Priceline. Close parking is limited. Check in was very friendly and very efficient. I was given a room on the second floor right next to the elevator and the ice machine was a few doors down. The Ice machine was one of the noisiest I have ever heard. The room itself was very nice and spacious. One of the lampshades next to the bed was in a little disrepair and cracked. A hotel of that quality could very easily replace the broken lamp shade. I was a little concerned being right next to the elevator but there no evening noise at all. First thing in the morning was a completely different story. It sounded like Grand Central Station outside my room. The house keeper was very loud with her good mornings. Even though check out was noon she started knocking on doors well before that. It gave me the impression she was giving guests unwanted wake up calls. I would have given the hotel a rating of five but the noise detracted from the quality of this Marriott. Stay away from room 211.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 211
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. I'm sorry to hear that noise disturbed your stay. Please allow me to assure you that our rooms division staff were not trying to give our guests a wake up call. I understand how it might be perceived that way, I hope you don't mind if I explain .In the morning our housekeeping team receives a list of rooms that have checked out, however we still require our associates to knock on the door & identify themselves prior to entering the guest room. I apologize for the early knocking, and I will personally follow up with our team to share your comments. Thank you for staying with us, please come back to see us again.

Doreen Salls

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bangor? Share your experiences!