“Good Place for a stay during a business trip” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 25 hotels in Bangor
Fort Kent, Maine
“Good Place for a stay during a business trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I usually stay on Odlin Road by the airport when I visit Bangor, so I thought I would try this Courtyard that my fellow co-worker told me was great. I really like the hotel layout, the relaxing atmosphere was devine, but unless you have a car, you are stuck. There isn't anything remotely close to this hotel, it is on a service road next to the interstate, just down from car lots and a skating rink. There isn't any food, convience store or any type of amentity within walking distance during the winter months. If you have a vehicle, then there are many restaurants, the mall, and a Sam's Club a short drive away. The bistro inside the hotel has great service, nice relaxing tables with flat screen TV's, a table for laptop recharge and use, and fabulous wi-fi throughout the entire sitting and eating area. The bar has a decent drink selection, and the food is very good. It is a limited menu, but is prepared right there and is very fresh. There is an indoor pool and hot tub that are awesome, but the workout room only has two treadmills and one elliptical, and was full most of the time I wanted to work out. I stayed two nights, and had breakfast and a supper meal at the bistro and was pleased, but was getting a little stir crazy to get out and walk. The Bangor mall is right accross the interstate, but will take a good while to get to it, and is not recommended in the winter. (the temp was -10 when I was there). There is no airport shuttle for this motel either, so even though I really liked the property, I will probably go back accross the interstate and stay on Odlin road by the airport the next time I stay in Bangor.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor towards the end, and didn't hear a thing.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for staying at the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott, we loved having you here. I'm happy that you were impressed with the fresh & healthy food options in our Bistro. It sounds like your stay would have been perfect if you'd had access to a car. I'm sorry that we weren’t aware of your desire to explore the mall area. Bangor has a wide variety of taxi & bus services available, we would have been happy to call one of the taxi companies for you. Thank you for your complimentary review on Trip Advisor, and I hope you will consider staying with us again.

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I stayed here in november, returning from a shopping trip, the price was a bit higher than others but with a government id we got a discount. The hotel is very clean, modern, definatly my style, beautifull. Everything was perfect. We would definatly stay again!!

• Stayed November 2012
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Dear Guest,
We're pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us last fall, and we're so glad that you'll be joining us again soon. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business and thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

NB
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel was very nice, clean and great customer service. I was told by one of the staff that it's only 4 years old. We were offered a rate at $99/night and when we got there, we had a New Years gift bag waiting for us with free breakfast vouchers for the 2 mornings we were going to be there, also a $50 coupon off our next stay at Marriott. There is no free breakfast buffet like some Marriotts but they do have a Bistro where you can buy breakfast and other things. It's not walking distance to restaurants, malls, etc, but when you're driving it's real close to everything (mall, restaurants, etc.). My husband and I were very happy with the service and our stay and will def. stay there again.

Room Tip: We requested top floor and we had a room at the very end of the hall on top floor and was great, ver...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
I'm very pleased to hear that you took advantage of the special New Year's Eve weekend package that we had available the entire last weekend of 2012. And of course we're happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all the goodies that came with your package. I encourage you to check in with us from time to time when you are looking for another mini getaway as we will have several special promotions and packages available throughout 2013.
We appreciate you taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor and hope to have you with us on your next visit to the Bangor area. Happy New Year!

Take Care,
Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very clean and modern. The rooms are well-appointed and comfortable. We had a king room with a pull-out couch. The room also had a mini-fridge which is very convenient when traveling with kids. The Bistro in the lobby has a good selection of food with friendly service. The pool and hot tub area are very clean and of good quality. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for reviewing your visit to the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott on TripAdvisor. I really enjoyed reading about your experience with our staff. Your comments about our clean & modern accommodations are also greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Portland, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Courtyard in Bangor is a nice hotel, but its not near much. You could walk, I suppose, to restaurents and shopping, but it would be about a mile and a half.
No free breakfast here either.
The hotel itself....very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott. As you noted, our hotel is just minutes from the Bangor Mall and the surrounding restaurants. I'm happy you enjoyed your stay, and I hope we have the opportunity to enjoy your patronage in the future.

Houlton, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We've stayed here too many times to count! The hotel staff is so nice and friendly. Always greeting you with a smile on their face (and by name since we've been here so many times!). There have been times when we've brought our supper back to the room with us and they are very helpful (and fast) at getting us some plates and silverware. Our room requests are always granted. Our personal favorite is a room by the pool...on the first floor...that is also close to the exit door. That way we can park our car close for those times when we forget our kids favorite blankie or stuffed animal in the car. In the snack area, there is plenty to pick from for those late night cravings. Business area has 2 computers so you should be able to get on one. I've never had a problem and can print out whatever I needed (mostly area restaurant coupons!). If I ask for extra blankets, they are more than willing to have them sent down or if I personally ask at the front desk they will offer to send them down or I can pick them up right then. The pool and hot tub are great. Always at the perfect temp and never busy when we go...a plus for us! We like to go in the morning before check out since it's usually busier at night. On this trip we got a room with one king bed but have also stayed in the 2 queen rooms too. While the queen rooms are bigger, the do tend to get the room with a king and sofa bed. A fridge is also in every room. And I love that their bathrooms are big and not those teeny tiny ones you often see in hotels. For about the 1st year of my sons, he would sleep in a pack n play...in the bathroom....that's how big the bathrooms are....it's be dark and quiet in there so he'd sleep longer than WE would! lol (I'd also bring along my video monitor so I could see and hear him in there). We will def be staying here for years to come!

Pretty much you are guaranteed a good nights rest with how comfortable their beds are and how well those black out curtains work. We get our best sleep when we stay here. Some day I WILL have one of their beds as my own! lol

My only "con" would be how expensive breakfast is. While it's very good, it isn't cheap. We find ourselves instead buying some donuts or poptarts the night before to have in the morning. For the 4 of us, I think it costs around $35 for us to eat breakfast here.....and that's just ordering 2 kids meals, 2 adult meals and juice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Doreen S, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you most sincerely for taking the time to review the Bangor Courtyard by Marriott on Trip Advisor. I loved reading your description of your visit to our hotel. Our staff really enjoyed your comments about their service as well. Our entire team is focused on providing superior quality service to our guests; it's wonderful to hear that we've consistently attained our goal on your visits. Did you know that we offer a Stay for Breakfast Rate? The rate is slightly higher than our normal rate; however it does represent a significant value for a family of four. You can view the details on our Marriott website. I would very much enjoy treating your family to a complimentary breakfast on your next visit, please contact me directly when you make your next reservation.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I have been staying at Courtyards often lately as they have updated most of the hotels to include a SIMPLE restaurant / bar that works in a pinch. I find the beds to be very nice and the decor is fresh and modern. For whatever reason I find that the staff is usually younger and more eager to help you with any needs you may have. I like staying at this hotel, however on first approach it feels like you driving into "nowhere".

This is my top choice in Bangor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BangorCourtyard, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Bangor, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear Sir,
Thanks for the great review! And thank you for mentioning our Bistro, our fast-casual restaurant serving breakfast, dinner and cocktails daily. Have you had a chance to try the shrimp? My personal favorite. And we do proudly serve Starbucks coffee 24 hours a day. Thanks for taking the time to review us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Front Office Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Bangor? Share your experiences!