I usually stay on Odlin Road by the airport when I visit Bangor, so I thought I would try this Courtyard that my fellow co-worker told me was great. I really like the hotel layout, the relaxing atmosphere was devine, but unless you have a car, you are stuck. There isn't anything remotely close to this hotel, it is on a service road next to the interstate, just down from car lots and a skating rink. There isn't any food, convience store or any type of amentity within walking distance during the winter months. If you have a vehicle, then there are many restaurants, the mall, and a Sam's Club a short drive away. The bistro inside the hotel has great service, nice relaxing tables with flat screen TV's, a table for laptop recharge and use, and fabulous wi-fi throughout the entire sitting and eating area. The bar has a decent drink selection, and the food is very good. It is a limited menu, but is prepared right there and is very fresh. There is an indoor pool and hot tub that are awesome, but the workout room only has two treadmills and one elliptical, and was full most of the time I wanted to work out. I stayed two nights, and had breakfast and a supper meal at the bistro and was pleased, but was getting a little stir crazy to get out and walk. The Bangor mall is right accross the interstate, but will take a good while to get to it, and is not recommended in the winter. (the temp was -10 when I was there). There is no airport shuttle for this motel either, so even though I really liked the property, I will probably go back accross the interstate and stay on Odlin road by the airport the next time I stay in Bangor.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience true Maine hospitality at the new Courtyard by Marriott. As one of the premier hotels in Bangor, Maine, the new Courtyard by Marriott design offers the latest technology, amenities and décor that exceed the expectations of today's business and leisure traveler. Yes, you can get there from here! With quick access from our Bangor, Maine hotel’s location near I95, travelers are just minutes from the Bangor International Airport and area corporations, including the University of Maine Orono (Go Black Bears!), Eastern Maine Healthcare, Husson College, Cianbro and General Electric. Maine's famous lakes, mountains and coastline are just a short, scenic drive away from our hotel. Additionally, as one of the most accommodating hotels near Bangor, ME, our friendly, knowledgeable staff can direct you to top attractions and local favorites like Bar Harbor and Acadia National Park, The Maine Highland region and Baxter State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Bangor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard Bangor Hotel Bangor
- Courtyard By Marriott Bangor Maine