“nice place to visit” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Calcium
“nice place to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

we spent the night at Hollywood casino last night and spent some time on the machines. we were very happy with our room and the place we ate at had chicken winds for only 49 cents and you had to buy 6. it cost less then $3.oo for them and they were boneless.

Room Tip: rooms on the seventh floor gives you a view of the river.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2015

one of the best buffets I have found. Very expensive but it's worth it. So varied. So good. Don't miss it.
I did not stay in the hotel but I hear the rooms are good. Why not spend a cold winters day here

Stayed September 2014, traveled with friends
Waterville, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015

My fiance and I have stayed here numerous times in the past. This last experience was good, but it appears to be going downhill a bit. We tend to stay here because we get either free nights or $49 deals based upon our gaming. The visit before this previous one, we had a room that smelled as if someone had been chaining smoking in there. Come to find out, we could smell cigarette smoke coming through the vents in the room. I went to the front desk and stated that our room smelled like smoke. They were sold out that night, so there were no other rooms available. Numerous times during the night, the smell of cigarette smoke would fill the room. We could hear the people down the hall through the vents and you could tell that they were smoking in their room, even though the casino is non smoking. It just wasn't a great experience that night, extremely loud. I'm not a complainer by any means, but i wanted the front desk to know that we were not smoking in our room seeing there is a $250 fee for doing so. We recently went back and had a similar experience. It only happened once, but the bathroom had a cigarette smell coming through the vent. I don't know if it was from an outside vent, etc, but it only happened once. I once again informed the front desk and she made note of it to avoid being billed for smoking in the room. I feel at times that the "newness" of the hotel has worn off. We enjoy staying there because the bed is very comfortable and the rooms are generally very nice. It just appears that more and more people go there to get drunk and be loud at night. I still recommend staying there if you need a place to stay and you can get discounted room.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Ossipee, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2015

stayed there January 20-22 the first night I was there I was playing black jack I got really upset because I was cheated so I made a fuss and they asked me to leave the casino floor so I got ahold of the general manager they got back to me the next day and I asked them to review the tapes.Come to find out I was correct. it totally ruined my stay, All they said to me is come back and they would give me money owed. A LITTLE LATE AFTER THEY RUINED MY VACATION. They also offered me a free night stay,it would cost me more to travel back there than a nights stay.I was already home when they offered to give me the money they owed me.i have never been so disrespected in my life

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Linneus, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful experience from the time we checked in to the time we left. We were greeted by a warm and welcoming smile from the Front Desk Hostess who was more than willing to help us with directions and suggestions for our stay. The room was big, bright, very clean and had a very comfortable bed. Service was excellent. We never encountered a Host or Hostess that wasn't friendly or willing to help when needed. We also enjoyed the restaurants. We'd definitely visit again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the river view.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Central Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

We all had a wonderful time. The hotel was clean and the staff were excellent. We were on the third floor. There was a party across the hall from us in the early evening but by bed time it was was all back quiet.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay! The rooms were very clean and looked brand new! The soaps and shampoos were outstanding! We enjoyed the restaurants and slot play, as well. It they added a pool and hot tub the stay would be perfect, especially for winters in Maine, The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful! Thank you and God bless!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hollywood Casino Bangor Hotel? Share your experiences!