“cheated and disrespected” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway

You added Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway to your Saves list
Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Main Street, Bangor, ME 04401 (Formerly Hollywood Slots Hotel and Raceway)   |
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Bangor
Ossipee, New Hampshire
“cheated and disrespected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

stayed there January 20-22 the first night I was there I was playing black jack I got really upset because I was cheated so I made a fuss and they asked me to leave the casino floor so I got ahold of the general manager they got back to me the next day and I asked them to review the tapes.Come to find out I was correct. it totally ruined my stay, All they said to me is come back and they would give me money owed. A LITTLE LATE AFTER THEY RUINED MY VACATION. They also offered me a free night stay,it would cost me more to travel back there than a nights stay.I was already home when they offered to give me the money they owed me.i have never been so disrespected in my life

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Linneus, Maine, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I had a wonderful experience from the time we checked in to the time we left. We were greeted by a warm and welcoming smile from the Front Desk Hostess who was more than willing to help us with directions and suggestions for our stay. The room was big, bright, very clean and had a very comfortable bed. Service was excellent. We never encountered a Host or Hostess that wasn't friendly or willing to help when needed. We also enjoyed the restaurants. We'd definitely visit again.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the river view.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Central Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2014

We all had a wonderful time. The hotel was clean and the staff were excellent. We were on the third floor. There was a party across the hall from us in the early evening but by bed time it was was all back quiet.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful stay! The rooms were very clean and looked brand new! The soaps and shampoos were outstanding! We enjoyed the restaurants and slot play, as well. It they added a pool and hot tub the stay would be perfect, especially for winters in Maine, The staff was very friendly and extremely helpful! Thank you and God bless!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Corner Brook, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

Very surprised at the quality of food, very good portions at very good prices. If you like a game of chance and awesome food you won't be disappointed. Staff are very friendly and attentive. I will be stopping here again for an overnight stay.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Sydney, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2014

my brother was telling me to stay there , when i got there room was ok no mini- fridge going to bed and bed sheets very smelly pillows couldnot use smelled to bad called front deck and they said thank you for letting us know . they took off 25 dollars of the bill last time for me to stay there for me very bad.DIRTY

Room Tip: water side is ok to look at
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

This was our second stay at the Hollywood Casino Hotel in Bangor and it's not what it used to be. The staff was very friendly. The room was large and nice, although there was no mini-fridge. They brought one up but we were told that management wants you to spend time in the casino, not your room. I guess that's why they don't offer room service. Also, the mattress was in need of replacement.

The buffet restaurant offers everything you could imagine. But the food was only mediocre and cold. I remember it being much better the last time. Also, we were there over a weekend and there was supposed to be a Sunday brunch but when we went down, the restaurant was closed. The best bet is the hotel bar, their food was excellent.

Not sure we will try this hotel a third time.

Room Tip: Ask for riverview
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway

Address: 500 Main Street, Bangor, ME 04401 (Formerly Hollywood Slots Hotel and Raceway)
Location: United States > Maine > Bangor
Business Center with Internet Access Casino and Gambling Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#7 Romantic Hotel in Bangor
#8 Family Hotel in Bangor
Hotel Class:3 star — Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway 3*
New hotel offering seven stories of luxury and entertainment, perfect for business and leisure travel. 148 oversized rooms with king or two queen beds and 4 luxurious two room suites. All rooms include a complimentary full breakfast buffet and free parking in our parking garage. Amenities include 42” LCD flat screens, in-room movies, room service, fitness facility, and business center, buffet restaurant, lounge with live entertainment, and Maine’s only gaming facility featuring 1000 slot machines. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hollywood Slots Bangor
Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway Bangor, Maine

If you own or manage Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.