“Escape to Hollywood in Bangor, Maine, USA” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway

You added Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway to your Saves list
Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   500 Main Street, Bangor, ME 04401 (Formerly Hollywood Slots Hotel and Raceway)   |
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Bangor
Quispamsis, New Brunswick, Canada
“Escape to Hollywood in Bangor, Maine, USA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Hollywood Slots Hotel and Casino has been a great experience for my wife and I, Starting with the ease of booking direct with a Hotel Agent, and then the friendly reception when we arrived, including free Undercover Parking, The Rooms are Excellent, and we had a view of the River. After Checking in - we went through the Lobby and Prominade to the Casino - this is a walk through Memory Lane - all the Old Movie Stars are pictured along the way. Besides the Bright and Cheery Casino - you Enter the Epic Buffet - this is truly EPIC, as they have dishes for every appetite, which is completed with a " How can I choose - Desert Section ". Naturally Paul Bunion stands guard across the street, and being from Canada, we were pleasently surprised to find " Tim Hortons " within walking distance. We had a very quiet and peasefull vacation and will definately return.

Room Tip: Is there a Bad Room? - Ours was great.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Moncton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My girlfriend and I make an effort to travel to Bangor every few months and every time we stay at the Hollywood Slots Hotel. The hotel is very clean and has everything that we need. The staff is always very accomodating. At one particular stay I got the flu and was unable to travel back home to Canada and the staff gave us another 2 nights stay for a very cheap rate which allowed me to get better to be able to travel back home. The food is wonderful at the Epic Buffet and the Casino is very fun. All around it is the perfect trip everytime!!

Room Tip: This hotel also has bigger suites that we have yet to try out but hope to some day.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterville, Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This hotel is at the Hollywood Casino Bangor Maine. The casino and buffet are just steps away from your room. Also within walking distance to several bars and restaurants. There is plenty of garage parking available. The hotel is closest for anyone coming to the Bangor Waterfront Concert Series. The weekend bruch at the buffet is the best meal offered in my opinion. The brunch features a nice mixture of both breakfast and dinner items, including a cooked to order omelet station and brick oven fired pizzas.

Room Tip: The rooms on the riverview side offer a nice view of the Penobscot river.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed for a night last week while in town to see a concert. The location is great for this as it is a 5 minute walk from the concert site. The hotel itself is quite nice, modern and I believe, relatively new. The rooms are very spacious and clean. I was surprised at how much space we had in the king bed room. Check in was a little slow and figuring out how to get into the parking garage was an ordeal lol. Access to the parkade wasn't explained by the front desk. After check in you have to exit the garage, turn left, then follow the road around to the left. The entrance is there on the left. I exited, turned right, then came around, reentered the garage from Main street only to end up back at the check in. Finally figured it out! Other than that, it is a very nice to stay and I would certainly do so again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped by Bangor, Maine on our way home from Halifax, NS. We'd been on the road for 8 hours and we were very tired. The American Folk Festival was in town and being held near the hotel. We fully expected it to be loud and annoying, but it definitely wasn't. In fact, it was hard to believe it was even a casino. So quiet!! The beds were comfy and the room was clean and well appointed. We were only there overnight so I can't speak to many of the services and such, but my husband did enjoy the casino for a few hours. Also, we requested a pack and play for our toddler and they brought it up and assembled it right away.The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars was because it was a little bit pricey. Still, fantastic room. I have no complaints.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Biddeford, Maine
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed here because my regular business hotel was booked, and the price was reasonable mid week. Maybe my expectations were too high - after Foxwoods, this place seems like a wanna-be. I tried to separate my hopes to what I was actually seeing... but it still didnt do well. Hotel is not full - parking garage is almost vacant - yet they put me in a second floor room with a view of a brick wall. Signage outside was confusing, took me two rounds to manuver the parking garage. One girl at the lobby desk, no one else around. Very small lobby. Much more impressive reception at the local Hilton Garden Inn or the Marriott Courtyard. No information in the room about the casino or eating establishments. No info about amenities. No pool. Exercise room ridiculously small - 3 treadmills for a 7 floor hotel. Business center is laughable. I still dont know why this place is called a Raceway. All employees were friendly and courteous and willing to help when I asked questions....the casino was okay; mostly slot machines - not very big. SMOKE FREE which was fabulous and a first for me!! EPIC buffet was fair. Some foods not looking that appetizing but the prime rib was very good. Price was a little high for the choices available but not outrageous. Overall, I doubt I will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher level so you dont stare at a wall or a roof
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Keene, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you are in Bangor Maine and are looking for a hotel, Hollywood Slots is a good choice. This is a fairly new hotel attached to a casino. Not quite sure why they built it in Bangor,ME as there isn't much there.

We were there for a concert and selected it as it was just down the street from the concert venue. It has very friendly staff, is very clean and tidy, but that may all be because there were very few people staying there. Our stay was on a Friday evening into Saturday. I went down in the morning for coffee around 8:30 and I do not think there was a single person in the casino?

Nice place, nice people and not a bad price. Check it out as it is a good deal, if your in Bangor,ME......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hollywood Casino Hotel & Raceway? Share your experiences!