“When I write my masterpiece.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Log Cabin: An Island Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bailey Island
Log Cabin: An Island Inn
You added Log Cabin: An Island Inn to your Saves list
Route 24, PO Box 410, Bailey Island, ME 04003   |
Chicago
“When I write my masterpiece.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is it. I finally found that perfect place to stay when I get around to writing the great American novel. Loaded with charm, perfectly preserved early 60s. You absolutely must stay in the Wiseman room, overlooking the restaurant and bar, if your serious about that book.

Room Tip: Wiseman room is at the top of stairs in the dinning room. Many places have a charming lobby and then...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights here and it was great. We stayed in the Casco Bay Room which had a full kitchen, a couple of comfy chairs, and a small dining table. The bathroom only had a shower and the bed was not really the most comfortable one I have ever slept on, but it was really fine. There was an outside porch and lounge chairs out in the lawn overlooking a spectacular view. The best thing about this place was the amazing breakfast that comes with your room. Each morning , the meal was different and unique, and most certainly homemade with great care. The staff was so great, too. I left some things in the room and they mailed them to me very carefully, in a timely fashion, and threw in 2 Log Cabin tee shirts! Try this little gem!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was really hesitant to recommend this place, as I fear that it will become more difficult to get reservations. Years ago a work mate recommended Bailey Island to me when I told him I was always interested in seeing the Real Maine. Looking online I found The Log Cabin Inn. Ever since we have been coming back here whenever I get the craving for lobster and lighthouses. These people put a lot of thought into what you want in lodging when away from home. The rooms are comfy and cozy. The view out the rooms is of the bay, dotted with lobster pot bouys. Chairs are positioned everywhere eyes front for the scenic view of the water. For rainy days, there are books, magazines, games and movies for the lending. Bailey Island is off the tourist trap trail, so you actually get to see and watch the lobstermen catching your dinner. You must cement your plans and book well in advance. Some rooms come with mini-full kitchens, but all wil have a microwave and 'fridge. Cozy chairs for nightly TV viewing -- cable has come to the Island -- is appreciated. Breakfast is included -- a full breakfast, not just rolls and coffee -- and if you want to eat dinner there, they ask you to tell them by 3pm. Sorta like if you are staying with friends . . .

Room Tip: If eating out, skip the overpriced, over hyped and disappointing Cook's and eat at Gunnet Tradin...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were only able to book for one night but it was well worth the drive from NH. We stayed in the Harpswell Room which was large, comfy, and clean. The views from the 'cottage' were wonderful. We ate dinner in their small, but intimate, restaurant. Well worth it. I understand you have to book early to secure a reservation. I bet it would be wonderful in September and October for a weekend get-away.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hollis, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

We loved this inn. The rooms were lovely - only 9 of them, the staff is friendly, and the location is to die for. If you are looking for a full service hotel - this is very low key - bar and dinner area are really geared for the inn's guests and winds down fairly early. A full breakfast is included in your room rate and each day this was excellent. An additional treasure is staff member - Laura. So much local knowledge - where to go, where to eat, what to see, things off the beaten path. It was so much fun getting these tips.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have a view of the bay. Website has wonderful photos of each room so its quite...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a nice B&B, but it's trying too hard to be a hotel. In order to have a bar and serve dinner, there are not enough people to accomplish the task, especially when everything closes down at 8pm! On our stay, only one person was there to take care of the front desk, cook the dinner and tend bar. It can't be done well with these limitations, and it wasn't. The accommodations and location are very nice and well kept. The breakfast was well prepared and the staff friendly, but our pricey dinner (only one other couple showed up) was a failure. I had scallops and one was bad because I was up all night with intestinal trouble. The fish was tasteless and I think frozen. Otherwise, if you eat and drink elsewhere, it's a pretty nice place.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

We planned to stay two nights, but when we opened the door and saw the fabulous view we decided to change our plans and tack on two more days......we definitely made the right decision. Our trip was very relaxing and low keyed. The breakfasts were quite tasty. Our only complaint/concern was no air conditioner. It was unusually hot during our stsy which i guess is unusual as we were told that was only the second time in 16 years the air had to be turned on in the dining area. All in all a wonderful time and we look forward to a return trip!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Log Cabin: An Island Inn? Share your experiences!