“Not what I confirmed!!!!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Winnsboro
Everman, Texas
“Not what I confirmed!!!!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

Called on a Thursday March 7th, for a reservation for Friday(March 8th and Saturday(March 9th for a Double room. I tried to make the reservation online but the website was showing that no rooms were available. I had a relative in town that was able to go to the facility and make the reservation for me. She called me while in the office and I talked to the person working in the office. I and my relative confirmed checking in on (Friday) March 8, and checking out on (Sunday) March 10. I asked if there would be a problem cancelling Friday night, if needed, and keeping Saturday night, and was told that I needed to call and cancell as soon as I found out if I needed to cancel. Gave my name and credit card information and had to ask for a confirmation number. Once I arrived on Friday night, after driving 6 and 1/2 hours, to check-in, my reservation could not be found. I told her that I had a confirmation number, and she replied that she didn't see my name on any of the papers that she had laid out before her. After going the the stack of papers twice, she decided to use the confirmation that I was trying to give her, and look it up in the computer. That is when she discovered that the reservation was made for Saturday night and Sunday night instead of Friday night and Saturday night. Then I was told that only one room was available and it was a smoking and single room. Had no choice but to take it because it was late and I was extremely tired from the drive and exhausted from the fact that I was in town for a funeral. A single queen size bed was "NOT" big enough for me and my two 6'2" sons.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Lake Charles LA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

i travel a lot and there are times when i need a room with very short notice. the Winnsboro, La location always has the ability to get me in a room. the staff is always extremely nice and responsive to any needs i may have.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Yes..it was as expected.

A friendly warm welcome from the lady and a quick check in. She suggested I keep my bike under the canopy....good thinking! The heavens opened about 3 minutes later!!

The room was as expected though not up to other Best West inns/hotels that I have stayed in. It is pretty average and absolutely nothing special.

Breakfast was just finishing when I arrived at 09.00.... this to us Europeans is far too early.

Fine for an overnight but not much else.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Shreveport, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

At first, when we checked in, we were hoping it would be decent. Considering it was a small town and the only franchise in town, we gave it shot. Once we got inside the room, we were blown away. They had new furniture, HDTV's, and pretty much everything else was nice and updated. Unbelievable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Little Rock, Arkansas, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2011

We asked for king room, nonsmoking and the girl couldn't figure out how to make the key work, so she moved us next door and it was double beds and smokin. The electricity was funky--the tv hardly worked, lamps on & off, bathroom light caused ceiling fan lights to flicker--was cheap but as non-smokers, we hated it. It was a motel-style set-up... Not sure that there are any true hotels in Winnsboro. We should've fought the sleep and gone on to Natchez for a b&b or something.

• Stayed December 2011

Travelers are raving about these Winnsboro hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2011

The hotel has been newly renovated, so the room was fresh and clean with new furniture and appliances. The pool also looked REALLY nice, but unfortunately we didnt get to go swimming. (We were going to stay at another hotel down the road, but came to BW after we realized that it was actually IN the town, and the other one was not. It was nice to have people around us and to be able to go a 5 minute drive to Walmart and local diners.)

• Stayed May 2011
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel has been remodeled and should be a great place to stay. When I arrived, my room was ready. Unfortunately, after it had been cleaned someone used the toilet, used a towel and laid in the bed. I arrived at 8:30 pm and was not able to use the shower until 10:30 P.M. because I had to wait for housekeeping to come back to the hotel and clean my room. The housekeeper smoothed the comforter and the assistant manager told me the nastiness in the toilet was just rust. I had already flushed the toilet before he came to my room to inspect it. I was not going to leave a bad review until I got a nasty note from the manager telling me that everyone else loves the new mattresses. HUH????? When the smart alex kid changed the sheets, he wanted to know if they were white enough for me. Very rude people. And clearly not in the right business if they dont know that NOBODY WANTS TO SLEEP ON SHEETS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN USED. The next morning the manager told me that she was not really concerned because the problem had been fixed. These people are just plain rude and arrogant. The hotel has just been remodeled and the rooms already have mold growing on the ceilings.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Winnsboro? Share your experiences!