“everything very high quality except the bed!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry

Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry
You added Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry to your Saves list
Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Builyeon Rd., South Queensferry, Edinburgh EH30 9YJ, Scotland   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Book at premierinn.com
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Maryport, United Kingdom
“everything very high quality except the bed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Stayed in a family room at the end of November/December and it is the only place I have liked instantly, the rooms were clean and well laid out, no problems with anything EXCEPT our bed was so uncomfortable, it felt like I was lying on the base without a mattress (I actually checked but there was a mattress there!) Although my mother-in-law on the floor above claimed her bed was too soft?! I woke up with aching hip/shoulder thighs etc from whichever side I had slept on but that was my only issue which when 99% of the stay was perfect wasn't that much of an issue to me to actually complain, also I had just unpacked all our things so wasn't worth the hassle of moving rooms etc. The childrens bed were perfect though but I would never have considered letting them sleep in the hard double bed! The Brewers fayre was PERFECT also, very clean and well maintained, lovely atmosphere and very, very nice food! both Premier Inn and Brewers Fayre had a very welcoming atmosphere and I plan to stay again as soon as the fiance lets me! Just make sure you test your bed before unpacking :-) the only place I would happily give an all round 5* to (and I have very high standards!) also, brilliant location with easy access to get in to Edinburgh (beautiful city!) Love the scottish hospitality and people! Thank you for making my ' surprise Edinburgh proposal' trip a beautiful and happy trip away :-)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Jacqui S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
I was pleased to read your review of your recent stay here at Premier Inn Edinburgh South Queensferry and I would like to thank you for your kind comments.

I would agree that the Brewers Fayre Restaurant offers great choice of meals including our Premier Breakfast, in a lovely atmosphere.

I apologise that your felt our bed was uncomfortable, please if you choose to stay with us, let our reception know and we can try to fix this issue.

Also, Congratulations on your engagement, the team and I look forward to welcoming you and your family to stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ayrshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

great stay at this premier inn.reception staff made us very welcome. room was spacious with all we required for our stay including towels. the most comfortable bed & pillows of anywhere i have ever stayed. good to have a nice place to eat in the same building. only improvement would be better signposting at entrance

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Jacqui S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear AyrshireRuby

Thank you for your recent review of your stay with us. Our team are very pleased that you were made very welcome at our hotel in South Queensferry.

I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future.
Batley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in the October School Holidays. It is a great location for visiting Edinburgh. The 43 bus stop is only 3mins away with a 35/40 minute Scenic bus ride into Edinburgh for £3.50 return. It is next to a busy roundabout and on the approach to the forth Road Bridge but we did not get any noise. It is a typical Premier Inn Clean and comfortable with a nice pub (Brewers Fair) Attached. Breakfast was good but I would prefer A buffet Breakfast rather than breakfast to order here.There is also a Mcdonalds 2 minutes walk away for a change.It is only a 20 minute walk into the lovely town of South Queensferry where you get excellent views of the bridges. Here there are some good places to eat as well, Queens Spice Indian is one of the best Indian Restuarants I have eaten in.Most of the staff were quite friendly apart from one person on reception who totally ignored us when we wished them a good morning.I would have given 3 stars Average but the location makes it worth the extra star.We had a good time there and would use again.

Room Tip: Get a room Car Park side they atre Quieter.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Steph S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear Andy W,

I was please to read that you enjoyed your stay here at Premier Inn South Queensferry. I would firstly likely to apologise that you felt you where ignored by a member of our reception team, this is not common practise and I will be looking into this matter further.

I would agree the hotel is situated in a great location and the walk into South Queensferry itself is very picturesque.

The team and myself have also eaten in the local Indian restaurant, Queens Spice, and also would agree that this is by far one of the best Indian's.

We look forward to welcoming you to Premier Inn South Queensferry again in the future.

Cheshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

very clean and tidy, staff will go out of their way to help you nothing was too much trouble and easy access to edinburgh city centre on train with only 2 stops, station 2 mins walk accross road.restaurant next door very good with plenty of choice on the menu, breakfasts excellent

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Steph S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear Steve B

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with at South Queensferry. The team are most delighted that you felt they exceeded themselfs for you.

The Brewers Fayre menu does have a great choice and certainly is value for money. Also the premier breakfast is a great way to start your day.

We look forwrad to welcoming you back in the future

Dunfermline
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Would highly recommend a stay had no problems will deffinatly stay again, staff very accommodateing, rooms extremely clean, I always recommend premier inn to friends & family, great value for money, my family will be booking again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sarah A

Myself and the team are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us South Queensferry.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the future.

PITL Edinburgh Queensferry
Eastbourne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a 4 night stay here at the beginning of October, the room was fine and staff extremely friendly BUT the noise element from inside was HORRENDOUS, you can hear every bit of traffic, and every movement and noise from doors closing. We were unlucky enough to be disturbed, 11.45PM. 12.30AM, 01.10AM and again at 2.30AM, by rowdy and thoughtless guests of the Inn, I would never stay here again. When I mentioned it to the receptionist on our departure all I got for an answer was We have no control over our guests!!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Steph S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Cathy C,

I was most dissapointed to read that you experienced problems throughout your stay. Here at Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure that we make every guest feel brilliant through a great nights sleep and the team are very disappointed that on this occasion we have not delivered that promise.

I would appreciate it if you could get in touch with myself to discuss this matter further.

Banbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Another last minute call but you know exactly what you are getting a good quality room at a reasonable price with a good nights sleep. Staff pleasant and helpful room clean and tidy in standard Inn colours so you know wht your getting. There is the usual eatery connected to the premises and there is a McDonalds and M+S food handy.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Steph S, Manager at Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear BigAl1050,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay here with us at Premier Inn Edinburgh South Queensferry.

The hotel is in a great location with lots of choice for places too eat.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

PITL Edinburgh South Queensferry

Been to Premier Inn Edinburgh - South Queensferry? Share your experiences!