“Hidden gem!” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
“Hidden gem!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Having moved into the local area more than 18 months ago I now feel ashamed to admit this was my first visit here. Although it's a local holiday I was still taken aback over how busy it was. Upon arriving we were informed that If we were willing to wait an extra few minutes we could have one of the tables by the window overlooking the river forth and its beautiful bridges, not a problem we thought and we were duly seated on one of the comfy couches next to the fire place. Here we were offered drinks which were promptly delivered by one of the staff who went on to explain that he would get us to our table ASAP. Being true to his word our table was made available in minutes and went on to enjoy one of the most pleasurable lunches we've had in ages. It may appear a bit pricey but i can't fault the quality of dishes or the friendly, approachable staff who simply made our visit even more enjoyable. Word of advise though, make sure you leave enough room for one there superb desserts, simply amazing!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
neil094, General Manager at The Railbridge Bistro, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for the review, I am glad that you enjoyed our lunch and we hope to see you again soon.

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“attitude of staff leaves a lot to be desired”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

mediocre mocha, surly staff, only good thing about the visit was the fantastic view..will give it a miss in future

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Thank you for the review as we feel we cannot improve without customers telling us what they think, I am not sure if you mentioined the poor quality of the mocha to the staff but we would have been happy to replace it for you, as to the staff being surly I am now putting steps in place to make sure this does not happen again. Hopefully you will return to see a much improved Railbridge.
“Going downhill fast!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

No competition at this end of queensferry means the railbridge bistro can just plod away with very average service and rip-off prices! Porridge at £2.95 was hardly a third of a bowl! Some of the staff are very able/polite whilst the rest have little or no customer skills. Plenty of better alternatives locally. Over-rated and over-priced!

Thank you for the review. You are quite right, the porridge was far too small a portion and as soon as you mentioned it I changed it straight away for you although it should never have left the kitchen in the first place. I have spoken with the chefs to ensure that this will not happen again. On behalf of all the staff working that day I would like to apolgise and hope ypu will come back and give us another chance.
“Rip Off”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Nearly £4 for a single tiny slice of rubbery Bruchetta - and the club sandwich was tasteless. Chips were fine but service was slow. Shame because it used to be a great place.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for the review, I am sorry that the food was not up to standard on Sundaybut I am glad at least the chips were ok. I am not sure if you mentioned to anyone about the food but I would have been happy to replace anything that you were not happy with. The whole of Easter weekend was a very busy time for us so I can only apologise if the service was slower than it should have been,. I have spoken with the chefs about your comments and will being improving those dishes when we start the new menu in mid April. Hopefully we will see you then.
dunfermline
“Beware”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Great location with fantastic views of both bridges, however we did have to crane our necks to see the view as we were seated beside a post in a 1/2 full restaurant.

Initial service was fast but a bit frosty, my food was nice however everyone in our party was not as impressed with theirs (hard poached egg, burnt black pudding and bone in fish). We had 2 kids in our party who both wanted garlic bread at £1.50 for 1 slice of garlic bread (I did check the date to make sure it wasn't April fools day!), when it came to the table they had to be sent back as it was burnt on the underside, the waitress didn't even apologise just took it from us and disappeared. We had 2 courses and at the end of each course we waited quite a while to get our table cleared, so much so that we stacked our plates to try and grab attention from the 3 passing waiters that seemed to have blinkers on!!

All in all great location, ok food, poor unfriendly service with an expensive bill for what we had. I'd recommend the 'Hawes Inn' instead about 100 yards down the road from this restaurant, there you will get great service, great food and a much lighter bill.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your visit. We do try to keep the tables we have at the windows for the bookings we have, which was why you were unable to get the table right at the window. I can only apologise that the food and service were not to the standard that they should have been, I have spoke to the staff involved that evening and can assure you that it will not happen again.
Hope to see you again.