“excellent choice” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
new kensington, United States
“excellent choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

this hotel was close to where I was working. there were not a lot of restaurants close by but a short drive you will have a good selection. I did not get a chance to use the pool but I loved the Jacuzzi in my room. the bed was very comfortable. I am a coffee snob and the coffee here was very good.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thanks for sharing your experience Ms. Linda. It sounds like you enjoyed our newly renovated King Jacuzzi room with the fancy mosaic backsplash and Italian marble tile with modern fleur-de-lis decorations and details but that's only because I picked it out.

I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and most importantly that you were close to where you needed to be. Around here we wouldn't say you’re a coffee snob, you're just very particular about what coffee you drink...we'll put a few extra packs in your room next time.

Christopher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Home away from home. This hotel is ran by a family and their friends, hence the homey feeling it gives one upon arrival. They are all friendly both to the customers and to each other. It is very clean and breakfast is always good. Thank you Mammie : )
I found out about Happy hour (it is 5pm to 8pm) during my stay. It is a great way to end ones busy day !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thanks DXLR8 for such a wonderful review. We're excited to have you as our "Framily" and can't wait to see you back soon.

Happy Holidays,

Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

We searched on the internet for a nice hotel that would meet our budget and still be close to family functions on the West Bank and in New Orleans. We were blessed to find this fine establishment to make our stay in New Orleans a joy and a success. The reason for our stay was to attend a post wedding celebration with my family here in New Orleans. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this fine establishment from November 16 - 23, 2013, albeit to say that we will gladly return in the near future. Mr. Christopher Anderson, General Manager is a miracle worker and has earned the praise and respect of his staff. One of his hotel staff member candidly mentioned to me that Mr. Anderson treats his employees well and all that work for him are loyal and enjoy working under his management. That statement alone spoke volumes and I knew that the accommodations would be exceptional; clean, quiet and the staff would be more than hospitable during our stay. All this to say that the hotel staff were wonderful and more than hospitable; they went beyond the call of duty to make our staff pleasant and perfect and it truly was. I have no doubt in my mind that when we return to New Orleans again, the Best Western Bayou Inn will be our new home away from home. Thank you, Mr. Anderson for operating a fine establishment and for honoring and treating your employees very well!

Randy LaBorde

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
All I can say Randy is thank you. Thank you for being our guest, we were delighted to have you for the duration we did which allowed for you to see your New Orleans family and become one of our newest "Framily Members" .

Honestly, I've never had a guest write or say anything quite like you have other than my parents when they would come and stay at a hotel I was managing. I just thought they had to say that stuff because that’s what parents do. It really takes a special kind of guest to analyze our entire operation, which I'm thankful many guests do not (it's not fun when your vacationing) to see and realize what you wrote.

I'm far from perfect, but I’m passionate about what I do and one thing I learned early on in my career is when you surround yourself with people who care, people who share your beliefs and goals but most importantly people who you can have fun with then it's not really work and I think that is what we have here and the environment I’ve always strived to have at all of the hotels I’ve been a part of. Not every day is fun, but I do get excited to see my team every morning and I try to do what I can to keep them happy because they are truly the ones who keep guests like you happy.

Thank you again for such a wonderful review Randy, we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Austin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was impressed with the hotel and staff at our stay. Hotel is in great condition and the room were excellent. Breakfast and Beer at happy hour was a plus. I would consider this hotel again for leisure or business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Thanks Jeff for your GREAT review. I'm delighted to hear that your experience with us was an enjoyable one and I can't thank you enough for letting our future guests know just how much you enjoyed your stay.

Thanks for also mentioning your Weekday Evening Lagniappe...because my team and I happen to think that our guests enjoy "a lil something extra" when your with us:)

Until next time,

Killeen, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

This hotel was out of the way of the hustle and bustle of New Orleans, but close enough to get to everything within 15-20 min. If you don't mind driving back and forth to events then this hotel is great. Food was good. Rooms were clean and the staff was helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Jamal-you were short and sweet and to the point and so I'll try to do the same. I know our future fans are probably like, "is this all the guy has time to do?" It's actually one of my favorite tasks because it allows me to not do the boring stuff!

As I said, short...Thanks Jamal, it was a pleasure having you and I’m glad you pointed out that we're about 15-20 minutes from whatever you need in the Greater New Orleans area.

Thanks for your honest review and I know we'll see you again soon!

Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

We stayed at the Bayou Inn for 9 days and found the stay very comfortable. We were attending the Rotax World Finals at Nola Motorsports Park The hotel is the closest to Nola Motorsports Park with a 10 minute drive in traffic. The hotel is not a 5 star but the staff do an amazing job with what they have. The rooms are clean and the breakfast is good. The staff are all great and they make you feel at home. The drive to downtown is 20 minutes and the cab fare is $30 so you are still close to all the action and great restaurants. This hotel has very good rates for what you get, We would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are quieter
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thanks Wjsdunning for saying it better than I ever could! This is really why I love Trip Advisor. I could advertise that we are the closest hotel to NOLA Motorsports like I have been but your review will probably get read more than my advertisement ever would.
We are thrilled to be the closest to hotel what will be one of the south’s best driving and go kart tracks and I am proud to be a supporter and work with the track for their many events that they have had and will host in years to come.

Many of our guests were international for this event as you are from Canada so it was very important for us to make sure that our guests traveling as far as you did were comfortable with us while away from home.

Thanks also for complementing our team. I always post our reviews for our entire team to see how much they impact each and every guest and its reviews like yours that keep us going, so thank you.

After 9 days wjsdunning, I would say your framily(not a misspelling;) and we can't wait to see you back soon!

Stay warm,

Theodore, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was warned not to stay at this hotel because the people at work said this was not the best area of town to stay in, however it was close to work so I took the chance. I did not have any problems with my car being vandalized (they have security on duty at night ). The hotel is nice! The hot breakfast was really good. The room was nice and clean. The only complaint I had about the room is that the cleaning supply smell was overwhelming and since I have asthma, it was hard to breathe. The TV worked well, and had a good choice of channels to choose from; I couldn't get the hotel wireless internet to work. The hot water stayed hot throughout my showers, and while the water pressure wasn't fantastic, I didn't end up with a "low-flow hairdo a la the infamous Seinfeld episode". The bed was extremely comfortable, and because the hotel sits somewhat off of the road, it was quiet so I slept really well. There were some kids running around the hallway when I got there and I thought I'd have trouble with the noise but once I got in the room, the noise level was minimal. Overall, it was a good stay. I would recommend this hotel; the rate was good for what I received, the service was great, and the breakfast was hot and delicious.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well my first thought Ms. Elizabeth was to find out who those people where that you work with! But I’m glad you trusted your own instincts and gave us a chance.

Thank you for also taking the time to share with our future guests about your experience because I suspect there are a few guests reading your response right now wondering if our area is safe or not and well determining whether they should stay here or not, so thank you and I'm delighted to hear you enjoyed your experience with us as much as you did. Our Hot Breakfast on the Bayou is definitely something that Ms. Mammie and our other Breakfast Ambassadors take pride in making our guests first meal a great one.

I also appreciate your feedback about our internet. Our I Care Ambassadors are trained to assist guests in getting online and or retrieving the help of tech support, so I do sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectation in that respect. I can assure you that I have noted your concern and will work with my guest internet provider to ensure that future issues do not happen again.

Thank you again Ms. Elizabeth for giving us a chance, we look forward to seeing you again.

Christopher

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!