“a home away from home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New Orleans, Louisiana
“a home away from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

We do a lot of traveling in out and around New Orleans, and from these experiences we continue to come back to the BW. Great staff with friendly attitudes. Richard works the desk and always greets us with a smile and they begin to know you by name. Hot breakfast, internet and even special perks during the week... including "Margarita Mondays". we will definitely keep BW Bayou Inn on our list of hotels.. From our company to yours ...THANK YOU

Room Tip: we've stayed on every floor and really have no complaints. very nice establishment
Green Features: They are leading the way in going green, from recycling and reclaimed water all the way down to conserving the amount of towels that are being reused by guests.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
My team and I are truly honored to be called your “home away from home” Corielt. It's certainly what we strive for and what I often thank our guests for but I don't know that I've ever had a guest say it from their point of view. This tells me that we're accomplishing our mission, so thank you it really means a lot.

As an avid traveler, I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed my team and Richard's service most importantly. He's a wonderful team member who deserves your recognition and I'm sure our future guests will want to meet Richard too.

Thanks again Corielt, your home away from home is always open and we’re ready to have you back. Your Lagniappe will be waiting:)

Thanks again,

Christopher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Pineville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had a Doctor's appointment in New Orleans and did not want to pay the high party prices in town. This hotel was a great option. Complementary snacks and beverages when we arrived. Very nice, clean, updated rooms. Easy hoop into town. Watch out for Google maps it will not take to the correct address.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thanks Andrew H, we hope your doctor’s appointment went well and we're glad you were able to find us without the help of google. Sometimes, especially in the Greater New Orleans GPS technology as hooked as we can be just doesn't know where to go. But that is why our team is here to guide you in and send you were you need to go the right way:)

Thanks for kind review and letting our future guests know about their clean, friendly and affordable rooms that are waiting for them, with their Evening Weekday Lagniappe waiting for them at 5, what’s not to like?

Thanks again and we'll see you again soon!

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Reception is very friendly and the room spacious and clean with all the amenities Coffee maker, Frig, Microwave, flat screen TV, two queen beds, high speed internet w/computer desk and recliner. the bathroom is small but clean with plenty of towels. The bed was very comfortable but we could hear neighbors talking, shower running etc. They offer a nice free breakfast with a large comfortable eating area. My husband truly appreciated the two free beers that were offered and accepted on check-in. I would definitely stay here again, good value for the price.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thanks for being our guest Ms. cherlyn_burton for your wonderful review. I love it when our guests describe us with the "V" word, because it’s so true!

Every day my team and I try to create an experience with value that you wouldn’t necessary expect in staying with a little town called Westwego. Where’s the value in paying $40 a night to park your car, $10 for breakfast, $9.95 for internet, and $200 to put your head in the bed.

I'm delighted to hear that your husband also enjoyed his Weekday Evening Lagniappe from 5-8pm, it's always refreshing to return home with cold drinks ready for you. Look for us to start serving some hot food items as well, that's my next project!

Thank you again for your kind words and for sharing your great experience with our future fans. We might be Westwego...but we can still provide you a Downtown/French Quarter New Orleans experience and leave you with some money in your pocket...think souvenirs, or gas, or an extra hurricane or hand grenade. By the way my team and I love pizza:)

Take care, we'll see you soon!

Beaumont, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

We are from Texas and had to go a funeral of a dear friend who was a Veteran. We only stayed over night on 09/12/13. I called ahead to request a room on the first floor knowing that we would be arriving late in the evening. Chris was the young man that answered the phone and he made my call pleasant. He even let me know who would be at the front desk upon our arrival. The rate was good, my husband said the breakfast was good and the room was very clean which I was extremely pleased with. The only issue we had was the toilet paper holder broke and there was some leaking around the base of the bath tub. We travel a lot and to be honest hardly ever stay at a Best Western. But whenever we will be in the area again, we plan to stay at this Best Western unless something horrible happens. Thanks to you, Chris, for the nice email we received after returning home.

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the first floor because there is no elevator at this establishment. We receiv...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
You are very welcome A L, it was the least we could do. While we were sorry for your loss we were thankful you chose our hotel to stay with and I'm thankful we were able to provide you and your husband with the comfort you expected.

Thank you so very much for sharing your great experience and your tips for our future fans, you let us know what was broke and we fixed it too. That’s all I can ask for when things go wrong if that our guests give us the chance to fix it and you did so thank you very much.

Thanks for Staying With People Who Care A L, my team and I look forward to seeing you back soon.

Until next time,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were wonderful. Very clean smelled nice. Staff was wonderful and very accommodating. Chris from the front desk even brought us a snack tray after we got rained out from camping and had to book last minute. Wonderful stay. Great price. Great area.

• Stayed September 2013
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Ms. Kagmmatherly, my team and I are very proud to be your first EVER Trip Advisor review! It means so much to us that we were able to start your long life of reviews.

And while most of our future fans reading this might say, "Really?" Yes, I did bring a tray of coffee and snacks to the room which wasn't as cool as my initial reaction of setting up the tent in the room but they said the tent was too big...either way I was eager to not let the rain destroy the camping trip, and being that you could have stayed anywhere, I was thankful that we stole you from Bayou Segnette, thank you mother nature!

Maybe next time my team and I will have a sheet tent set up prior to your arrival, we'll have to think of a fun name for the "new room" and I'll have the ingredients to make smores ready for the microwave...You've definitely given me a whole new package to market Kagmmatherly!

Thanks again, we look forward to seeing you soon!

Westwego, LA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

If you want to attend any event at the Alero center, this is the place to stay. The rates are great, the breakfast is outstanding, there is a pool and the staff will help you with anything you need. This hotel is better than some Best Western Plus hotels I have stayed at.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Well thank you Mr. James for letting our future fans know about our convenient location and the Alario Center is bringing you to New Orleans then look no farther, here we are! But at 11 miles from the Louis Armstrong International Airport and 11 miles from Downtown/French Quarter, I'd say we're just about 11 miles from anything you could ever need!

And yes, is always here and ready to assist. Without you, or you reading this, we don't have anything to do...we can’t make your bed if you’re not here, so thank you for reading this and thank you for booking your stay with us. We can't wait to, well make your bed:)

Thanks again for taking the time to write your review for all to see Mr. James!

Surprise, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I stayed there for four days for business. It was a very nice hotel in a safe area. The hotel was very clean I enjoyed it a lot. The only problems that I would say I had was they had a construction crew staying there and everynight was like party night to them. It did have some drunks that were loud, but was not horrible. There breakfast in the morning was very good. I would recomend this hotel for travel and or business.

Room Tip: I have no advice to choose a good room. Although, they do have handicap rooms that seem bigger
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for staying with us and for recommending our hotel to future fans Usmnick. As a business traveler my team and I greatly appreciate your constant travel and definitely appreciate your honesty in writing your reviews. We get it, you've been there and done that, so thank you.

During the week we do our Evening Lagniappe, or happy hour from 5pm to 8pm has become quite popular and while our guests can get excited about having Margaritas on Monday, sometimes we do have to act like their wives and calm them down.

My team and I look forward to seeing you again soon and thank you for your honest review.

Christopher Anderson

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!