“Outstanding!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Byron, GA
“Outstanding!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice and I just LOVE IT!! It's very clean, everyone on the staff were friendly, and the service is top of the line all the way round. I did not have any problems with check in/check out and the hot breakfast is to die for! I love the fact I'm in New Orleans and can enjoy the "wildness" of my city when I return home however the hotel is tucked away so nicely on the Westbank that I can relax for the next day of events.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Unlanders J,

WOW! My team and I would like to thank you for your amazing review! It's nice to know that our guests are seeing the hard work and changes that we've been making to provide our guests a better experience. If I could sum up into a paragraph of what we have been trying to do, i don't think i could say it any better than you. You nailed it on the head!

We don't want to be that French Quarter, wild and crazy hotel, instead we want to be the quiet, relaxing, affordable hotel with AMAZING service, clean and comfortable (newly renovated)rooms and a killer breakfast! All for a great value of course:)

So thanks again, my team and I eagerly look forward to your next visit, and to all of those who read your wonderful review!

Christopher Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights while touring New Orleans. It is far enough away from the crazyness of the city, yet close enough to reach all attractions. The service was the best we've had on our long trip so far. Every staff member we met, or simply passed in the hall, were all so friendly and cheerful. A special mention about Jamisha at the front desk who went well out of her way to assist us, including making the arrangements for our bus tour of the city. Best Western Bayou, I hope you know that she's a gem. Thank you Jamisha! The hotel and room were nice. Not luxurious, just nice. Clean, but perhaps almost too sanitary as there was always a slight odour of cleaning products in the air, and a slight odour of bleach on the sheets. The breakfast was quite good by hotel standards, and the breakfast staff worked very hard.

Room Tip: See Jamisha!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
cmonee, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear Danewflies,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with other prospective guests. My team and I understand the impact that your stay has on others and were delighted to read of your positive experience. We're still working diligently on the finishing touches of our renovation, with artwork of New Orleans coming next month!!! I can promise you that we are always looking to improve our guest experiences based on our valued guests feedback such as yours.

Thank you also for highlighting Jamisha, she is a wonderful asset to our team and It gives me great pride to know that she was able to make your stay in New Orleans a memorable one.

On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for making us your New Orleans lodging choice, we look forward to seeing you next time!

Christopher
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This hotel cancelled our reservation the day before our arrival without any kind of reasonable explanation. When I called to speak with the manager, he informed me that the roof had been slightly damaged from a storm and they had to "roll over" the guests who were already there? Made no sense and we had to stay at a hotel 50 miles out of the city due to the late notice. Very inconvenient.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Ms. Tonya,

Thank you for expressing your concerns regarding this unfortunate instance. Unfortunately as our area experienced an act of god, Hurricane Issac, thousands of residents in our area were and are displaced, this combined with the repairs from the isolated damage we sustained were the reasons in which we were unable to accomodate your reservation. I sincerely apologized when we spoke on the phone, and I'm still with deepest regret that we were unable to accomodate your reservation.

I most certainly do not like it when I have to inform any guest that we're not able to provide them with a service, actually I'm not used to it and it's not who I am. At Best Western Bayou Inn we go out of our way to ensure that our guests expectations are met and exceeded, unfortunately when we don't have control over the situation we are put in, this becomes very very difficult.

Although I can't fix this situation, I will be in contact with you shortly to make it right perhaps in the future. On behalf of my team, we thank you for your comments and hopefully we'll be given the opportunity to prove to you that we truely are sorry.

Christopher
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Very clean environment, great location easy access to all the hot attractions, hot breakfast was awesome, very friendly staff very welling to help & always had a very inviting smile!! We felt very comfortable just like a second home!! We will return!! Thanks for making our stay memorable!!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

This newly renovated motel was quite nice, especially for the price. The staff was incredibly friendly and very accommadating to our needs! It is just a short drive to downtown New Orleans and you will feel very safe staying at this location. The breakfast was excellent for a complimentary breakfast, as well! Hot grits, eggs, bacon, waffles, and pastries! Can't say enough about how nice and friendly the staff were.

• Stayed July 2012
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Searnette,
Thank you so much for your positive review! We've been working extra hard to ensure that our guests feel, assured and optimistic that they made the right choice in the Best Western Bayou Inn.

Your continued loyalty to Best Western and Trip Advisor are very important to Team Bayou Inn, we thank you and hope to see you back soon!

Thanks for experiencing the rest, and settling on the BEST!

Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

On our way home from the Florida Panhandle, we planed to stay two nights in New Orleans and go around the French Quarter and shop for sea foods. The hotel location at first glance seemed less than perfect being on the West bank, ended up being just right for our purposes. It was close enough to drive to the where we wanted to go with a Seafood market close by - all without the tourist prices in the French quarter. If there is anything that would sell the hotel, it is the staff which were all smiles and extremely helpful in showing us all the good places to eat and shop. The only drawback was the time we arrived as it was in the middle of a constant downpour, forcing us to cut short our stay by a day as it seemed useless to walk around the Jackson square, the French Market or take the paddle boat tour on the Mississippi due to the heavy rains. Being caught mid morning in the French market parking lot, watching the waters slowly rising, we rushed back past noon to our hotel and decided to go home. The staff was great and allowed us to leave much later than check-out time without additional cost. Avoid New Orleans during the July months I suppose, and we drove back to Texas, braving the low visibility caused by the downpour along highway 49, Wearing sunglasses to help cut down glare during a downpour really does help. We would most likely use the hotel again if we are in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: The hotel has only one floor and no real good views. Get a room that overlooks where you parked and...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Christopher A, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear ZepolL,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. My team and I are working very hard to earn such quality reviews from guests just as yourself.

Although the rain tried to dampen your trip, I'm very happy to hear that my team was able to provide you with the help and details you needed to navigate your way through the city, that's what we're here for.

With many lodging choices existing today, my team are happy that you chose us to be your New Orleans area hotel, we look forward to seeing you soon.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

clean rooms. breakfast lady was great so was brea and eli. will return

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you Michael G. for giving us a positive review! We've been working very hard on making your Best Western Bayou Inn a more positive experience with new rooms, a new lobby, new landscaping and an overall "guest first" approach. It's our goal to ensure that your assured, settled in and most importantly optimistic while you’re staying with us.

I'm glad you enjoyed your visit with us, we'll see you back on the Bayou soon!

Christopher Anderson

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!