“Affordable and Friendly” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Houston
“Affordable and Friendly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2011

I was on a budget this trip and decided to stay in Westwego and then drive daily into French Quarter. Rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Only complaint is carpet seemed damp and musty. Other than that staff helpful and pleasant. Discovered you could park at Algiers Ferry for $10 for whole day then take Ferry over to French Quarter. Breakfast was good. Driving into French Quarter is about a 15 min. drive over toll bridge ($1). Easy access to Freeway. Free parking. There is no elevators so if you cannot walk to 2nd floor then you will need to look else where.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Baton Rouge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

Well my stay here was a pleasant one. Me and some friends of mine were looking for a nice place to stay but we did not want to pay more than $100/night. One of my girl friends recommended this hotel in Westwego since we were visiting New Orleans that weekend. It's right across the bridge and not far at all from downtown New Orleans. The staff there were so friendly & nice. Our room was clean & the beds were real comfortable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Southern Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

My husband and young daughter stayed here for one night late September. I had researched and thought it would be a decent place to stay for the price ($89). I thought the rooms would be remodeled and newer. We pulled all of our luggage in and I took off my shoes and my daughters. The carpet felt sticky and very dirty. I put my shoes back on and told my husband not to take his off. My daughter was less compliant and within a few minutes her feet were black!!!! That wasn't all though... as I looked behind the door to grab the luggage rack my daughter was bending down looking at the carpet saying, "ewwww... ewww." I looked and there was a huge dead cockroach. I picked it up with a kleenex, asked my husband if we really should be staying here, decided it was too late to pack up and find another place,..so I took it to the front desk. The girl working was the girl who also checked us in. She looked embarrassed when I gave her the roach and asked if they have a problem with bugs. She said she would tell housekeeping then quickly put it in the trash. Nothing else was said, no apologies, nothing. I am not a complainer but I do not expect to pay close to one hundred dollars to stay with cockroaches. Later, I went to take a shower and there was hair on the tub. I just decided at that point to let it go, write a review, and never stay here again. We had a much better stay in another Best Western in Navarre, FL. Overrall, the best thing about this hotel stay was checking out in the morning.

Room Tip: I would not recommed staying at this Best Western.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Memphis, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

i am not even going to give a rate because this hotel seemed to be remodel but the carpets where just filty. walked in my cotton sock less than one minute later they looked like i stepped on charcoal almost dry dark mud. the sheets didnt looked clean fresh. i been meanning to post this but somehow i got sidetrack so here it is. no client deserves to relaxed in filt. forget the rewards card if you going to sleep in places like this yuk !

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Jeffersonville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

Very very nice and friendly staff. We stayed here for a three -day weekend, before boarding a cruise to Mexico. Toured French Quarter and sites. Since this hotel is a bit farther from downtown, so we car pooled together to the Algiers Ferry, parked, and took the ferry across the river. The ferry runs til midnight, and is free. Don't miss it. Gives a great view of the city. Parking is only $10 near the ferry on the Algiers side, but can be as high as $12/hr in the French Quarter. All the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They recommended good places to eat. The breakfast room is a bit small, but it had all the necessary items for a comfy breakfast and the attendant was on top of things all morning. Important to know: no elevator, all smoking rooms are upstairs on second floor. The exercise room on the second floor has an eliptical machine and a bicycle. The bicycle's electronics are a bit wacked, but the elipitcal machine worked fine. It was sparsely equipped, but did have water, mirrors, and towels available. I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend. It was too cold on the weekend that we arrived, to use the pool. Since they do not have transport to the cruise terminal, you will need to park your car at the terminal. For a 5-day cruise, it was $80. It was still cheaper to pay that, than it would have been to get accommodations in the French Quarter. So we considered this hotel to be a value. The three-day hotel package price was very reasonable considering the other prices in the New Orleans area. We had a laptop, and enjoyed using the high-speed internet access to get info on New Orleans sites while we were there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Eureka Springs, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

Easily accessible, pleasant unimposing surroundings, parking well-lighted, QUIET, smooth sheets, two free cokes or beer during happy hour, couldn't ask for much more while traveling through. Walkin rate better than reservation rate. Top notch value. I recommend it.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hinckley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Best Western Bayou Inn in Westwego, LA while we were in the area to visit with some relatives and venture into New Orleans for sightseeing. All of the staff was friendly and cheerful and our room was larger than expected and very clean. The happy hour snacks and continental breakfast were both nice and the rooms were quiet for sleeping. The location is close to New Orleans making day trips into New Orleans for sightseeing very easy. I would definitely stay there again when/if we visit the New Orleans area again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Bayou Inn? Share your experiences!