“Great hospitality!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Westlake
Chamberlain SD
“Great hospitality!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

They went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. We were staying a week so they brought a microwave and mini fridge up to our room. Front desk staff switched our room when they saw my wife was pregnant. They knew she would be in the room a lot while I was gone so they put us in a room that had a balcony overlooking the lake for her. Nice!

• Stayed December 2012

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Weeki Wachee, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I travel for a living, I'm currently Platinum with Marriott and Priority and Diamond with Hilton. I obviously stay at name brand hotels and this trip has reinforced why. While booking a room for a trip to Lake Charles, LA (I normally stay at Hampton Inn (only Hilton property in Lake Charles)) I saw this hotel and thought it was a good deal. Booked my room at the Isle of Capri Hotel through our corporate online travel agency (AMEX). I was reluctent to stay in a unknown hotel so I checked out the pictures of the property, looked real nice. When I arrived at the Isle of Capri they informed me I would be staying at their other property, Inn at the Isle. What??? If I book a room at Marriott I expect to stay at Marriott, not the Comfort Inn accross the street that's owned by the same company! I let the desk clerk at Isle of Capri know I was unhappy, I let the desk clerk at Inn at the Isle know I was unhappy and went back to Isle of Capri and let the Manager on Duty know. Everyone of them said I keep telling our manager it's confusing to the guests. They also said this happens all the time. I've filed a complaint with AMEX Travel and will be sure to tell everyone to stay away. Inn at the Isle isn't horrible if you do't mind a run down hotel with dirty rooms and moldy stairwells. Mr Hutchins if you want to know who I am just ask your staff I'm sure they know.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what hotel your booking your stay at!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Westlake hotels

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We made a last minute reservation on our way home to Texas. My wife has a Casino card and that saved us $10.00 off an already low rate. The tower was sold-out already so we were in the main building. Got the shuttle over, although you can walk if you want, and made it to dinner 10 minutes before closing time. Won enough to pay for our stay, which was an added bonus! The room was clean, very comfortable and quiet. The desk staff was very friendly and accommodating. We may have to make it a regular stop on our trips to Georgia.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino -Lake Charles, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
I was truly pleased to hear that your impromptu visit to the Isle was an enjoyable one. Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with us. Of course, it always helps to leave a winner. Our goal is to provide all of our guests with a fun and friendly environment at a fantastic value and I truly hope that we succeeded in this respect.

We look forward to being a regular stop on your travels between Georgia and Texas.

San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

I took my wife and mom here for Morter's Day...It was a great trip and we had a lot of fun...Even die a lot of the slot machines was down at the time my mother and wife still found plenty to do to lose there Morther's Day money on..Staff was great and frequently rotated with drinks offers...Overall I would visit here again

• Stayed May 2012
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino -Lake Charles, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
I appreciate you for letting us know that both you and your Mom enjoyed her Mother’s Day outing at the Isle of Capri. We strive to provide our guests with a fun and friendly experience at a fantastic value and I was happy to hear that our friendly team members took good care of you while you were here.

Thank you for choosing the Isle for your special celebration. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Of the two casinos in Lake Charles, we prefer this one because it is smaller and not as pretentious as l'auberge du lac. The staff is much friendlier here, as well. They have always been fairly prompt about taking and delivering drink orders which is not the case with l'auberge. Granted, it isn't as upscale and fancy as the other one, but it is our casino of choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino -Lake Charles, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
We appreciate your kind remarks. We do agree with you that the Isle has the friendliest team members in Southwest Louisiana who also truly care about our guests.

We hope to see you again soon.

Paul Hutchens
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

We booked a Tower Jr. Suite for our 1 night stay in Lake Charles in late August. Everyone we encountered was very nice and professional. We checked in and went to our assigned room but found a "Do not disturb" sign on the door. Given that it was after 9pm we didn't want to risk walking in on someone, so I went back downstairs and was assured that no one was in that room, but I was quickly given another room right next door. ( I was told that security would check on the room, but in the morning when we checked out the sign was still there, so who knows).

The room itself, although in need of an update (scuffed, stained furniture etc) was clean and surprisingly large and very comfortable! It was funny, because in the morning, we noticed that many of the rooms on our floor were being emptied and prepped for renovations/refurbishment.

We did play in the casino and it was fine. I lost but my husband won a little.

My only suggestion would be for the hotel to offer more eating options. There really isn't anything besides the buffet area for late night or morning before 11am. We wanted a light snack before bed and could only get some chips at the stand in the atrium. Again, in the morning before checking out, we wanted a light breakfast, but only the buffet was open. It was ok, nothing note worthy, but much more than what we wanted.

All in all, we had a pleasant stay and would stay here again on our next visit to Lake Charles.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino -Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for submitting your review of your recent trip to the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel in Lake Charles. As you indicated, we recently got underway with a fifteen million dollar renovation of the 253 hotel rooms in the tower. Although we were already very proud of the size and cleanliness of our rooms, we think that our guests will enjoy the fresh new look as well as they have enjoyed the improvements made on the casino floor. All of the rooms, fixtures, finishes, carpet, and wall covering are being addressed during this renovation.

While the buffet is the only outlet available in the early morning hours, we do provide our guests with various options in Tradewinds during late night hours. A light fare is available: anything from sandwiches, pizza, oriental cuisine, to a wide array of desserts. Tradewinds is located on the second floor across from the Fan Club.

Please let us hear from you when you visit us again.

Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This was my first time going to a casino and was very excited, however, had a horrible experience at Isle of Capri. My boyfriend, who is 24, was excused of having a fake ID just because the ID was from another country!! We were waiting for about 20 minutes while the employee was looking through a book to see if she could find one like it, but nothing. I was very understanding at first because they have to follow policy. Then that employee called her supervisor. The supervisor came, looked at the ID, said no, then left. He never looked at us, didn't apologize, nor did he give us a reason why they were falsely accusing us of carrying a fake ID. I WAS VERY ANGRY!!! I drove from Houston, TX and reserved my hotel at Isle of Capri to find out they were not going to let us in. We left and decided to drive to COUSHATTA. They let us in with no problem!!! I WILL NEVER BE GOING TO ISLE OF CAPRI!!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Paul_Hutchens, General Manager at Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino -Lake Charles, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
I am sorry for your recent experience at the Isle of Capri Casino Hotel. Our director of security has attempted to contact you on several occasions regarding this situation. Thus far, we have been unable to reach you. As a state-licensed Louisiana casino, we are under very strict guidelines on the forms of identification that we may accept to permit entry into the casino. These forms of identification include state-issued driver’s license displaying photograph, state issued identification card displaying photograph, United States or foreign government issued passports displaying photograph, official military identification displaying photograph or national or territorial issued identification card displaying photograph. We have a legal and moral responsibility to ensure that individuals under the age of 21 do not enter our casino. Since we have been unable to reach you, we have been unable to ascertain the type of identification that you may have presented to our security personnel. Additionally, if we mishandled this particular situation, we would appreciate following up with you on the details so that we may coach our team members. If you would like to discuss this matter further, you may contact our casino at (337) 430-2400 and ask to speak with our director of security. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this matter with you.

Paul Hutchens
Isle of Capri Casino

Been to Isle of Capri Hotel and Casino -Lake Charles? Share your experiences!