“Definitely Above Average” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 West Monroe

You added Motel 6 West Monroe to your Saves list
Motel 6 West Monroe
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   401 Constitution Drive, West Monroe, LA 71292 (Formerly Fairfield Inn)   |
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in West Monroe
Central Connecticut
“Definitely Above Average”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This is the nicest Motel 6 I have ever stayed at. The room was clean and up to date. There were amenities like microwave and refrigerator in our room. The parking area was well lit and the parking lot had just been resealed. We had a new sink and counter top in our room, the old ones were seen out back by the dumpster when we were walking our dogs. The details show that the owner cares about this property.
The Front Desk Staff could have been nicer, but it was late and three parties all walked in at the same time looking for rooms. She definitely was not rude to anyone, more tired or just tired of answering all the same questions.
The WiFi has a fast connection, but the router was not connected to the internet and we did not feel like asking to get the router reset.
Do not confuse this location with the other Motel 6 four miles east. There is a world of difference.

Room Tip: Take a room in the front side of the back building. The parking lot is well lit and you will be awa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Beaumont, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

The room was clean and pleasant! The rate was reasonable and the staff was super nice. It is close to restaurants and Wal-mart for all your needs! The other visitors were nice, the surroundings were well kept, plenty of parking. I would definitely stay here again!
Gina

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BIRMINGHAM
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

My wife and I went to West Monroe for a short visit of 2 nights. I had already booked the room. When we got there and went in the office, we were greeted by Brandi the clerk. She was very helpful with all our needs. We got in the room and found it to be very nice and everything was in place. It is quiet and in a good area. There are many places to eat and in walking distance. We will stay there the next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

My husband and our 2 children were passing thru west Monroe -- decided to spend the night and view the "Duck Dynasty" setting... Checked in late at night-- around 11:00pm-- on the way to the room there was a drunk woman asking for cigarettes on the stairs, got inside-- bad odor, used bloody towel found when we pulled back the sheets and a roach in the bathroom... I know you "get what you pay for" but really?? Is it too much to ask for cleanliness and bug free??

• Stayed July 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Blood on my towels and holes in the walls! The words "absolutely no refunds" is written three places! And the guy behind the counter was creepy. He stared at us while the females packed the car. The floor was sticky and the water was brown in the shower. My family stayed one night got in at 130 and left at 9am. A place to put my head and that was it

• Stayed July 2013
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

nice and clean motel
i suggest every one who wants to stay in Monroe
rooms are big and clean i stayed in motel 6 all the time i was surprised when i walk in staff is very friendly and helpful. you can find all kind of restaurant and shopping place near the hotel.
this is the place if you want to stay in affordable and safe place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stayed for one night and that was one night too many for me. The room smelled horrible like no cleaning products were ever used. The carpets are old and ugly. When I pulled the nightstand out to plug something in, I was blasted with a mold smell so bad it took my breath away. There were 2 holes in the wall above my bed that looked like they could have been bullet holes that were badly patched. There were dried blood stains on the sheets and the mangy old comforter, as well as a burn hole on the comforter. We slept on top of the comforter. The wall next to the bed looked like water ran down it at one time and no one bothered to clean it up. The bathtub was disgustingly dirty. The toilet had brown water in it. Gross! The water from the sink tasted gross when I brushed my teeth. The towels and washcloths were stained with what looked like blood perhaps from cleaning up a crime scene? There were curiously questionable looking people in the parking lot so we decided to take EVERTHING out of the car and into our room.

When we were leaving, I saw a frail, little, old Hindu Indian looking woman trying to push a maid's cart around to clean rooms. I doubt the bed linens are changed because she just looks too stinking frail to do that by herself. She also looks too frail to lean over a bathtub to clean it. It was a very pathetic hotel that should be condemned. My dog's kennel she sleeps in is cleaner than this place!

Room Tip: I doubt there are any good rooms.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 West Monroe? Share your experiences!