“Ruston is the place to eat at Scott's” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 122 Restaurants in West Monroe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
West Monroe
“Ruston is the place to eat at Scott's”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The one in Ruston,30 miles north of West Monroe, is much better. One in W Monroe does not give you enough food for price charged.Ruston has a lunchtime buffet that is quite nice. The etouffe is great. Service is good, friendly, and attentive. Food is priced fine. We eat there when we shop in Ruston. p

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

West Monroe, Louisiana
“Great seafood and catfish.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Scott's has great seafood and catfish. The servings are not super sized but you get your money's worth and a reasonable price. The sides are just as good. My favorite side is the beans. Good hush puppies.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Monroe, Louisiana
“Catfish not cleaned properly on recent trip to Scott's”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I have been eating here for years and I do not know if they have a new cook or what, but the catfish has not been cleaned properly the last couple of times I've been to Scott's in West Monroe. They did not remove the lateral line from the catfish. I tried to eat around it, but the taste was throughout the filets. When the catfish is prepared properly, I love Scott's. But this is the second time I've had this issue and I won't be back to the West Monroe location. The service was phenomenal though. I hate to give a bad review to a local favorite, but I also hate to waste good money on food I take home and give to my pet.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Keller, Texas
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

We stopped in based on our hotel's recommendation, then later realized it was the #1 restaurant in West Monroe according to Trip Advisor. Food was very good. We tried the alligator (which we'd never had before)!

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Birmingham
“Not a good night for Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

While the food was very good, it took an extremely long time to get our food. We asked the server why we were waiting so long, and he said that the kitchen had lost the order. There was another issue with the cashier who was replaced in mid evening for some reason..... after a customer complained.

Visited January 2014