“I Second That - Best in Monroe” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in West Monroe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
“I Second That - Best in Monroe”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2010

Not that Monroe is teeming with hotel choices. But this is THE ONE to stay at. What a pleasant hotel. Delightful staff and great rooms with those FANTASTIC Hilton Garden Inn adjustable beds. Great breakfast.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2010

I travel to Monroe often and this hotel is by far the nicest hotel in this small city. It is well maintained, clean, and safe. The staff go out of their way to welcome you and the food in the restaurant is good. The rooms are typical of Hilton Garden Inns and have free WiFi. Depending on the room, the air conditioner/heater can be noisy. There is also a business center with two computers on the first floor. The hotels is about two miles from Thomas Rd., where there are a number of restaurants. The hotel also has live entertainment on some evenings, and the music is surprisingly good. The only negatives that I will give is that on more than one occasion I went to get hot water from the hot water dispenser in the lobby (for tea), and the water was cold.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

I stayed here for three nights during a business trip in August 2009. The hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. There was nothing extraordinary about it, but nothing terrible about it. It seemed to be about the nicest hotel in town.

One slightly disturbing thing was that the water from the sink and shower had a yellow tint to it. I remember thinking that the toilet looked like it had not been flushed the first time I walked into my room. I would probably not drink the water. Maybe all of the water in this area is yellow.

I did not sample most of the amenities. I walked by the indoor pool. It was small, but looked fine. It did not look yellow. The exercise room had a few pieces of equipment. I did not eat the breakfast, but it looked good. There was a small bar in the lobby.

The hotel seems to be in the middle of nowhere, but that's probably because there isn't much going on in this city. The area felt safer than most of the other depressed areas I saw in town.

The only other downside of my stay was that a colleague's rental car was dented overnight in the parking lot. Unfortunately, the hotel did not have surveillance video available.

Also, I could not get WiFi to work in my room. I did have a free high speed connection through the wall plug.

I would stay here again if I'm ever back in Monroe.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Baton Rouge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

These are known for having great beds, and this location is no exception. Wonderful bedding and the adjustable firmness of the mattresses was a treat. Nice clean rooms, with nice sized flat screen TV. The resturant was excellent, no need to travel elsewhere to eat.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

We found this hotel on trip advisor as we were passing through on a road trip. We were very pleased by the courteous staff and extremely comfortable accommodations. It was a great nights rest after a long day on the road! This our first experience with this hotel chain and would certainly stay in one again! I should mention that to our surprise, it was a better value for us to stay in a junior suite at this hotel over a standard room at a holiday inn express!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2009

You won't go wrong here. Nothing to write home about, but the rooms are comfortable and quiet.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
terry,ms
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

my teenage daughter and i stayed here durning the easter holiday. the hotel is nice BUT the houskeeper was a man who came into our room after we went for breakfast saturday. he half cleaned the room. prehaps he was distracted by purse that was inside of the closet, in my suitcase. i felt violated here because of the fact that this person took it upon themselves to go in the closet to clean-up what? and to take more than $100.00 from my purse and $20.00 from my teenagers wallet that was in my purse. my daughter also had the unwelcomed experience of a male workers advances toward her as she left the exercise room. VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!! hotel not recommended by me.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Garden Inn West Monroe? Share your experiences!