“Outstanding Oasis!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in West Monroe
Shreveport, La, United States
“Outstanding Oasis!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

THIS HOTEL SET THE STANDARD FOR ALL HAMPTONS!!! I was delighted to be able to redeem my HHonors points for an overnight stay. If I had know that my experience was going to be this nice, I would have booked the whole weekend. We arrived at the Hampton Inn in West Monroe on Dec. 6, 2013. From the time we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The hotel lobby is clean and modern. The receptionist at the front desk was wonderful and very accommodating. I had booked a king suite… only because it was the only room available online. I asked the desk clerk if I could change my room accommodations, because I brought my wife and two children with me. Not only did she allow me to change to a double room, but allowed me to see the rooms before I made a decision. The room was very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. I lost two dollars in the vending machine that night, so I called the front desk and they gave me two cold beverages out of the cooler in the lobby. Breakfast was fresh and hot. The waffles and potatoes were delicious! The location of the hotel is easily accessible to I-20, so getting to restaurants and shopping was simple. If I'm ever in Monroe, La again I will definitely return to the Hampton.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
West Monroe, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

One of the best Hampton Inns we've had the pleasure of staying in. The staff made us feel welcomed. Rodney, our Breakfast Host, provided the best breakfast fare ever! We will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed December 2013
Longview
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This hotel is not only clean and comfortable but the staff is far above other brand hotels. I have stayed here numerous times since it's opening. My last stay was on Thanksgiving night. The hotel desk clerk greeted me by name as I walked in the lobby and even remembered my daughter from our last stay in October. Her acknowledging my daughter made an impression on me, as so many hotel personnel do not even pay attention to the kids. This to me is exceptional customer service in every way. On another trip last year, my car actually broke down. The hotel clerk at that time offered to call her husband who is a mechanic to come up and look at it to see if he could fix it for us. This was late Saturday afternoon so no shops were open. Her husband came to the hotel and not only looked at it but fixed it for us on Sunday morning. We were so grateful that the hotel clerk cared enough about us to help us or we would have been stuck at the hotel until a ship opened on Monday. Truly wonderful staff! Wish all places had these type of folks.

Beaufort n.c., United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We had a very nice stay. Every thing was excellent. I would recommend this Hampton inn. The breakfast was excellent, nice and hot ,every thing so good. The people were very friendly and nice. Everything was so clean, the beds were very confortable

Bethany, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

All was good until check out, might check with guest about payment arrangements not just take it upon yourself. The location was further out of the city than I would have liked. The complimentary bkfst was very good as was the help. I had asked for a handicapped room and was told it would be near the elevator and was not, but it was ok.

Athens, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Hotel was very quiet, room very comfortable, and staff very friendly. The property is very well located and easy to access. The breakfast area is large and is a great place to meet and relax outside of the room.

Douglasville, Ga., United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were traveling from Mt. Pleasant, Texas on our way home to Georgia and stopped in W. Monroe, La. to rest for the night. We were tired and the beds at Hampton are always fresh and clean! the Pillows are NOT my favorite! They have No support. I have an inner ear condition that requires me to never lay flat. The Hampton Pillows are too squishy and don't support my head and I get very dizzy and sick. NOT PRETTY. They brought extra pillows and I brought some of my own.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn West Monroe? Share your experiences!