“Overnight Stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Comfort Inn of West Monroe

You added Comfort Inn of West Monroe to your Saves list
Comfort Inn of West Monroe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   213 Constitution Drive, West Monroe, LA 71292 (Formerly Jameson Inn of West Monroe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in West Monroe
starkville, ms
“Overnight Stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2011

Our original plan was to make a straight 9 hour drive to Houton, TX with an infant and a dog. Instead, stopped at the Jameson Inn for the night. Got a room of for a reasonable price, with my preference for the infant and dog. Good place for overnight stay. Really enjoyed the breakfast and friendly staff!!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
west71292, General Manager at Comfort Inn of West Monroe, responded to this review, December 6, 2011
Dear jimgassaway,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel and your experience. We enjoyed having you and your family stay with us. We strive hard to meet our guest needs and provide exceptional customer service. We look forward to serving you and your family again in the near future.

Kindest Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Lafayette, Louisiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

This hotel was okay, but for the money, we will look for other places to stay while in this area. I had checked the workout room upon checking in and told the girls at the front desk that the air conditioner was not working. We came back several hours later to find the temp. in the facility to be 80 degrees. I have a problem with hotel owners who aren't proactive in keeping their facility in working order for the guests who are keeping them in business.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
west71292, Manager at Comfort Inn of West Monroe, responded to this review, October 18, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank You for taking the time to write a review of your experience. We apologize for the inconvenience cause by the temperature in the fitness room. We constantly strive to improve our service and the time it takes to resolve areas of concern for our guest. Since your stay, our maintenance staff has resolved the problem with the air condition in the fitness room. Our goal is to make sure to provide the best possible stay for our guest. Again, we apologize for your inconvenience and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

This was a really nice experience! Rooms are very nice, staff is friendly and great value. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

We booked a last minute trip to West Monroe for June [--]. After looking over the hotel options and reviews, we were a little nervous because most seemed negative, not positive. So we took a chance on the Jameson and were delighted with the property. Ladies at the front desk were wonderful and welcoming. Had requested a room towards the back and was given just that. Highway is far enough away to not be a concern for the noise. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Belgium waffles in the morning was my favorite part. If we ever come thru West Monroe again, without a doubt, the Jameson Inn will be our choice again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2011

my friends and i stayed at this hotel and we all loved it!! from the front desk clerk to the housekeepers everything was nice!! i would tell anyone that ask about the jameson inn west monroe that this is one of the best hotels that i stayed in!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I may NEVER drive I-20 again... if I can help it anyway. We must have called or stopped by 20 different hotels -- plus one Air Force base -- trying to find a place to bed down late at night. The Jameson Inn is far from the nicest, cleanest hotels we've stayed in, but at least they were able to accommodate our family, which by the way, was traveling with our family pet. I'm thankful we stumbled across this hotel, but in general the choices along I-20 in Northern Louisiana made us cringe. I'll go out of my way to avoid that route in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

I often stay at either Courtyards or Hampton Inns on business but the Monroe Courtyard was full the night I was in town and after reading the TA reviews of the Hampton Inn, I passed and decided to give the Jameson Inn a try, primary due to the hotel being within walking distance of several restaurants.

It’s not a fancy lodging experience. The room (and carpet in particular) seemed a bit worn. The sink and counter space are located right near the door to the room. While it may be convenient in that it allows one person to use the sink while someone else is in the shower, the room design with the sink and counter right in the open seemed dated.

There is free wireless Internet throughout the building. It was easy to connect to and download speeds were in excess of 2.5 Mbps, faster than I have seen at many properties. But the TV is an old 25” tube model.

When I booked the room online I requested a room facing south, away from I-20 after one reviewer noted that rooms on that side were quieter. I was given an even numbered room, which faced north toward the Interstate, but I didn’t hear any vehicle noise.

Check-in was quick, but instead of placing a final bill under the door overnight, I had to go to the front desk and wait for the bill to be printed at check-out.

The breakfast spread was pretty basic, but the make-your-own waffles are good. There’s a guest use computer in the lobby but it’s not connected to a printer, so it’s not possible to print boarding passes.

The location is good, just off I-20 at Exit 114. There’s an Outback, Chili’s and Logan’s Roadhouse right in front of the hotel. And within a short drive there is a Wal-Mart and other shopping.

Overall, the stay was acceptable given the price paid.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn of West Monroe? Share your experiences!