“Quiet, Clean, Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in West Monroe
South Lake Tahoe, California, United States
“Quiet, Clean, Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

After a 19 hour trip from Florida I decided to stop at the Red Roof Inn. When I was checking in the girl at the desk was so friendly and welcoming! They were pet friendly and the manager accommodated my 2 pups. The room was nothing special but it was very clean and cozy. The property was quiet too! I would gladly stay here again!

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs I recommend asking for the ground floor. They have 3 floors at this hot...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Ericha L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Taylor M,

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I will be sure to share all of your comments with the rest of the staff. Seeing reviews like the one you have submitted truly brings us great joy as we strive to go the extra mile for our guests and earn the #1 spot in quality and service. Your review really does mean a lot to the Red Roof Inn of West Monroe. We truly value you as a guest and hope to see you and your 2 pups the next time you are in West Monroe.

Ericha Lennon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Convenient location. Dog friendly - a big plus for our group. Rooms recently redone. Nothing fancy, but the price was right, it was small but livable, service was good. Lots of restaurants around the hotel. It's not luxery digs - but then, I was not expecting that it would be.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Ericha L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Dear Playswdogs,

The entire staff would like to thank you kindly for taking the time to write a review on the Red Roof Inn here in West Monroe, La. It is always great to hear guest feedback as we strive to become the best in quality and service. We are currently awaiting another renovation so it will only get better. Once again, your feedback is greatly appreciated and we hope to see you again soon if your plans include West Monroe.
Rendon, Tx
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Got a great AAA rate...we asked for a handicap accessible room... The room was nicely done..a little moldy smell...but not overwhelming. The bed was comfortable...room had ample space. A lot of restaurants nearby. Easy on/off for I-20 in either direction.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Toledo Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were on are way back to Ohio from Texas and thought we would roll through west Monroe and see the Duck Dynasty place. Duck Dynasty was interesting, hotel not so much. They have water issues, it smells, its colored and it leaves a slimmy feeling on you in the shower. You have to go all the way to the lobby to get ice, the other machine is out of order. The room was not the worst I have stayed at but it could use some deep cleaning. As far as the service it was great. The Lady at check in and the ladies at check out were very nice and helpful. The whole area we were in seemed dirty from the time we got off the freeway.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lafayette, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

During my recent stay at the West Monroe Red Roof location, the General Manager Ms. Erica exceeded all my expectations. I look forward to returning on my next visit to the area. I give her (5) Stars. My room was very clean, the coffee was always fresh and hot. The hospitality I received from the overnight desk clerk Ms. Jennifer was extremely satisfactory.

• Stayed October 2013
Ericha L, General Manager at Red Roof Inn West Monroe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear ZydecoMusic,

Thank you so much for taking the extra time to write a review on your recent stay here at the Red Roof Inn -West Monroe, La. We are so pleased to hear that we have exceeded your expectations during your stay.

All of your comments are truly appreciated by Jennifer and the entire staff, especially when their hard work is recognized by our guests. At Red Roof Inn, we strive to provide our guests with a great hospitality experience. Guest feedback is always welcome as we continuously strive to improve the quality of our service.

It is a pleasure to have you as a guest and we hope to see you in the near future.

Ericha Lennon
102 Constitution Dr
West Monroe La, 71292
318-388-2420
Edgewood, Texas, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this place back in January 2013 and we got excellent service and a nice clean newly refurbished room. I would rate them as at least an A.

This week we stayed at the same place. We got there around 6PM and I paid for room 202. I requested one bed, no smoking. Paid them, got my key and then before checking the room, we went to eat. Big mistake.

We got back roughly around 7PM and went to the room and it had a strong odor of chemicals and smoking. On the bed was a match that had been lit, I assume to kill some of the smell. The carpet was stained, the air conditioner made a rattling noise and my wife insisted I go down and tell them this room was not going to work. It was so bad she would not shut the door because the smell was so strong.

So I went down to the office and told the lady at the counter my story and she said sorry, that's all we have and also related that another couple had rejected that room due to the strong smell. I asked her why would she attempt to rent the same stinking room out to another couple and why was I picked as the unlucky recipient of this room. She was unresponsive to this. So I went back to the room to tell my wife and then the phone rang. She hotel clerk told me she thought she might have a cancelation and I could have that room but it would be around an hour before she could be sure.

So an hour passed and then we eventually got the other room, but first the clerk wanted to inspect the room to make sure we had not messed up the stinking room I assume so she could rent it out for the third time that night.

On the way from the stinky room to the fairly nice room we got, there were around ten workers standing on the stairs drinking beer and eating. Beer cans and bottles were scattered around so they had been drinking for a bit and I was glad to get to the room by then. The next morning the garbage can where they were as overflowing with bottles and cans and several beer bottles were strewn about so you should think hard about if you would want to take your children to a place like this because there is absolutely no security.

I related all this to the morning person at the desk and asked for the manager and she said he was out of town till Friday and would give me no way to contact him/her.

I don't know what happened here at this place between January and October but the only explanation I can figure out is new owner or manager.

Room Tip: 202 is the room from hell. Avoid this room at all costs.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Hillsboro, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

This was a wonderful overnight stay at this facility. They have renovated this property and ALL rooms had pillowtop mattresses. Best night's sleep we've had on this trip. There was a small strip shopping center right across the street with several restaurants within walking distance Logan's Roadhouse, Chili's, Cracker Barrell to name some. We ate at the Logan's Roadhouse and had a wonderful meal.

Our option for motels is always Red Roof Inns because they are dog friendly and as long as we travel with our dog, it will be the first motel we seek out. I had originally booked a room with 2 full beds, but when we arrived the clerk said that they didn't have one of those rooms on the ground floor so I asked what they did have available on the ground floor. She was very accommodating and found us a king room and it actually was less than the booked room.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very nice and you are far enough away from I20, that noise doesn't affect you...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple