“Fun for all ages and abilities” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Dundonald
More attraction details
Owner description: Clip n Climb is based at the Dundonald International Ice Bowl. Pass reception and head left into the main arena where you will find our reception desk on your left along with the Starbucks coffee dock.
“Fun for all ages and abilities”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic facility for male, female, all ages and abilities. We ranged from 6 to 60, including an amputee, 14 year old talked about it all the way home! Plus great coffee dock and cool merchandising! Think it would be great for 20-30 age range as a sociable night out. Good for Hen nights or parties for grown-ups for adventure without getting cold, wet and dirty in the outdoors.

Saintfield, United Kingdom
“Brilliant Fun for Everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Took my Brother and a few of his friends for his birthday at the weekend. All of them loved it! The instructors were so helpful and went the extra mile to ensure the activities were even more fun!
Each climbing wall was unique making every climb more interesting! Recommend it for anyone! I am definitely going back soon to try beat my time on the speed wall!

Visited May 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
“Climbing with a difference”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Find more here: http://www.clipnclimbdundonald.co.uk/

Thought I'd come along and try this out to see how it would be for a youth group. Absolutely amazing! I could see all sorts enjoying this: families, hen and stag events, dates? youth groups, parties even team building days. Children as young as 4 are allowed in so it is open to many.

There are something like 12 different walls, about 9 meters high and all slightly different. For example: one wall is all door knobs, another you have something like ice picks you have to use, while another has a see through wall where you can climb face to face with a friend. All funky and different. Aside from the climbing there is a leap of faith (height restriction applies here only) where you jump into mid air and hope like crazy that you can grab the punch bag. Not so bad, except you're 9 meters up! There are also a stairway to heaven where you climb up a series of pipes of ever increasing heigh. Again, sounds easier now than when you're up there! Probably the most fun part of the whole trip was the vertical slide, something like an 8 meter vertical drop is certain to get adrenaline flowing. The great thing about this is that you can choose when you want to fall so you don't have to do the full 8/9meteres if you don't want to push yourself that far.

I am a climber and took a non climbing friend on purpose, but we both had equal fun and we both got as far as each other. Just proving to me that no climbing experience or knowledge is needed. I expected the usual basic 'try climbing' routes you get that are designed for children beginners. Yep, it has been designed so every child can complete them BUT there were also challenges/coloured routes to make every climb more complex (simple, medium and hard difficulties) that you choose to do yourself and I'm not ashamed to say most of the hard ones were really challenging! It gets you thinking differently than you would otherwise. Thanks to the automatic belay on every climb, I can see myself coming here to beef up some of my training, or continue to train if my usual climbing partners aren't available. Of special interest to climbers may be the TWO options for chimney climbs (rare to find more than one in that size of space), a full height layback crack and a timed wall. As far as I'm aware, it's the only public wall in Northern Ireland that could be used for speed climbing training.

The staff were brilliant from start to finish. The safety talk was short enough so kids aren't going spare with boredom before getting to play but also humerus enough to be able to listen to. Generally, your group has a staff member guide you around the centre and they are the ones that clip and unclip you from each climb (they use some special key mechanism which means people cannot randomly clip and unclip as they wish for safety reasons). With other groups I saw staff members really take time to help younger climbers and encourage and calm any nerves. It seemed to work as the child in question was able to make it to the top after!

Although I didn't take any, they also seem to offer a range of Starbucks drinks and I think I saw something about bottle warming facilities. As the climbing centre shares a room with the ice rink, It could maybe be cold if you're standing around so coffee may be welcoming. I, however, didn't feel it was too bad. Also, because its in with the ice bowl, all of their facilities are available such as seating, viewing and lockers. Within the icebowl complex are restaurants and mini golf so overall many hours can be spent there.

Visited March 2013
Helen's Bay, United Kingdom
“Best Birthday Party Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Took a group of ten year olds here for a birthday treat. My husband and I thought we'd join in on the climbing for an hour. Well, it was possibly the most fun I've had all year! The staff are amazing, really helpful and knowledgeable and the range of climbing walls is sufficient to keep everyone busy for the full hour - and we still didn't do all of them. Leap of Faith is suitably terrifying and the climbing walls test every muscle group in your body. Really worth a visit and all of us will be back. For some of the boys this was the second party this month they've been at in Clip n Climb - and they all want to come again. A really fantastic idea and can't wait to come back again.

Belfast, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent fun and exercise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Really good hour and s half' s entertainment. Good for kids and adults. We have been twice on a week day which was quiet. Staff were really helpful and friendly.