“Amazing local restaurant” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Chicago Grill

Blue Chicago Grill
Old Dundonald Road | East Point Entertainment Complex, Dundonald BT16 1XT, Northern Ireland
028 90 482 771
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Dundonald
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
“Amazing local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

I visited blue chicago grill two weeks ago with my wife and children. It was very busy when we entered and we were greeted by what seemed like the manager who made us feel very welcome. He seated us very quickly to a nice booth alongside the window. A waitress came down to our table and asked what we wanted to drink. We ordered our drinks and the waitress brought colouring in pages which kept the kids entertained saving us any hassle which when our food came out it allowed us to eat our meal without any problems arising from the kids. Perfect idea in my eyes. I myself ordered a sirloin steak which i asked to be cooked medium rare and sure it was. Cooked perfectly and nicely chargrilled and served with tobacco onions, cherry tomatos and mushrooms along with a creamy peppercorn sauce which was delicious. My wife ordered the blue chicago chilli chicken and she was very impressed with it. Both the kids had a kids sausage meal which came with beans and chips and they both enjoyed it. To finish my wife and i shared an aero orange cheesecake which we were informed by the waitress that it was the dessert of the day. We are both cheesecake lovers and once it arrived at the table it looked amazing. The taste complimented the presentation of the dessert and the cheesecake got a thumbs up from ourselves. Overall we were very satisfied with the service from the waiting staff, whom were very polite and attentitive. The food tasted delicious with good flavours in every dish. I will definetly visit blue chicago again. Hopefully on our next return there will be another cheesecake for us to try. Keep up the good service. Would recommend to all.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Third time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Once again we, seven of us,four adults and three almost adults, went for a birthday meal. The staff were as smiling, happy, and helpful as ever. We were made to feel very welcome and comfortable. The food was, as usual, superb. Some changes though. The long boats, a stuffed potato half skin, stuffed with bacon and cheese were, I think a lot better than previous, not overwhelmed by the potato so very well done, the ribs which I usually order along with a selection of starters, were smaller and covered in sauce. I preferred them on the previous visit. The mixed grill( a personal favourite) was superb, the steak seemed larger, the bacon chop superb, the chicken fillet tasty, but I always like a fried egg with it( a personal preference). The dime bar dessert totally decadent. A little bit more expensive than on previous occasions however everything costs more.

• Visited November 2012
“Fantastic!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Had a wonderful experience at blue Chicago!! Food was fast, great value for money. The Staff are friendly and helpful! I would defo recommend. See you next week again for my friends birthday.

Killinchy, United Kingdom
“Only in emergency”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Called in for a pre-cinema meal and quite frnskly wished I have not. Service was very friendly but not to a professional standard. The real problem was the food. The menu is limited and the food is just not good. Presentation was poor and I could have cooked it better. I fact I could have given a 16 year old trainee 10 minutes of training and the meal would have been better and I am not a good cook! It was a mistake to go there and I learned my lesson.

Visited October 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Good staff. good food, good atmosphere. Some restaurant owners need to come to Blue Chicago to see how's it's done. It's a simple recipe
Well done BC. Look forward to my next visit