“I left my heart in Baja California Sur......” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baja Beach Oasis

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Elias Calles
Baja Beach Oasis
You added Baja Beach Oasis to your Saves list
Km 79, Hwy 19, Elias Calles, Mexico   |
Special Price
$99 rate
Carlsbad, California
“I left my heart in Baja California Sur......”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

My boyfriend and I spent 7 days at Bobbi's Baja Beach Oasis during January 2014 and we can't wait to go back!

Location: Quiet and secluded with wonderfully equipped casitas surrounding a nice pool (cold, but hey...it's January so that was expected), outdoor shower (I only showered outside the whole trip), copper hot tub (I recommend relaxing it in with a nice bottle of wine while looking at the gorgeous night sky and listening to the waves crash on shore), fire pit and main house. Traffic noise wasn't an issue even though it's nicely situated off the 19.

Atmosphere: We instantly bonded with the 2 other couples were staying for a portion of the time we were. It was fun to meet them and we hope to see them again soon! The surrounding communities don't have the hustle or bustle of Cabo (we actually never bothered to visit there but I had been on a previous trip because we loved where we were) and have the proper Baja vibe--everything is laid back and rich with character.

Beaches: Dark blue and turquoise water filled with dancing manta rays and whales playing just off shore. It was my first and best whale watching experience.

Things we did: ran on the deserted beaches, boogied boarded, off roaded and explored the area (we rented a 4WD Jeep) and found some wonderful little spots up the coast, too. Bonfire on the beach courtesy of Bobbi and another guest staying at the time. Todos Santos is the largest nearby "city" with lots of of restaurants, bars, artists, etc.

Food: Bobbi made some wonderful pizza (I'd love that sauce recipe!!) and margaritas while we were there. She also has some wonderful recommendations for restaurants nearby or buy some produce and cook your own and share if you like because that's always nice.

Bobbi: A wonderful hostess who shares her home, family (pets, kids, friends), and love of Baja with you. We're so happy to consider her a friend.

Next time we go for a long visit: Explore the mountains, fish......endless possiblities.

Should you go? Absolutely if you're the type of person who is up for a bit of adventure and perhaps some much needed relaxation with friends you haven't met yet.

Overall: It was the best vacation I've had. I loved it. I can't say enough positive things about my experience.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Quincy, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

It's hard to find a place to start on what a great place this really is. It is truly a baja oasis and Bobbi is the perfect host. Yes, you are out there aways, but that's the point. The oasis is just north of Cabo San Lucas and south of Todos Santos. We quickly realized that Cabo was too commercialized for us and spent most of our time driving up to Todos for everything you need. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and sit a walking distance between Highway 19 and the Pacific Ocean. There are just 3 casitas and the owners quarters on the property. It is off the grid and the solar electric works very well as well as having WiFi available, thankfully no TV's! A great swimming pool and a two person copper tub above the pool with view, pop a cork and enjoy! We bonded very well with the other guests and shared many a meal and drinks. Bobbi made several wonderful meals for us including a pizza night made all fresh and cooked in her brick oven over local hardwood coals. We had a kitchen unit and bought groceries in Todos Santos. The units do not have showers in them and you don't need it, the outdoor stone and mortor shower with massive shower head and plenty of strong hot flow with palm privacy is something you look forward to every morning. The vegetation is gorgeous and you have a great view for whale watching, in the right season. We are animal lovers and terribly missed our dogs and cats which you can bring, just let Bobbi know, but we went into her dog and cat rental program (just kidding) and had one or more of her animals sleeping with us several nights, just like home! We were here for 11 days and several were spent right in camp, you just have a feel of quiet serenity and don't want to leave. The beach is secluded, we only saw a few fisherman each morning, and that was about it. We did make the mistake of not renting a car, you must have one, we went into Todos Santos and rented one. Do yourself a favor and rent one at the airport. Bobbi's son; Sam, was there on this trip and was fun to have around. He goes spear fishing right there, and you might be able to talk him out of a piece of smoked fish. We are already looking at going back down in December with two other couples so we have the whole place to ourselves. I could go on and on, but I think you can see how special this place is.

Room Tip: There's only 3 and just one does not have a kitchen.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Just returned from a family gathering for 7 days at Baja Beach Oasis and it was magical. The grounds and rooms are lovely and tranquil, the beach is spectacular (whales, flying manta rays, colorful crabs and hatching baby turtles were just a few of the highlights - all seen on a secluded beach right off the property). Bobbi made us all feel so welcome and cared for! She prepared extraordinary meals, set up any activities we wanted, gave excellent recommendations and basically made sure our every need was met. I would go back in a heartbeat and strongly recommend this special place to anyone and everyone.

Alameda, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place is an oasis both technically - lush green in the desert - and figuratively as an escape from whatever you're looking to escape (unless, I suppose, you're looking to escape a beach paradise). The setting is a secluded 7-mile beach on which we saw only a handful of people over the week my family visited but did see: pods of humpback whales, baby sea turtles hatching right up out of the sand, a school of manta rays leaping up out of the water, secret caves crawling with brightly-colored sally lightfoot crabs... I'm probably forgetting some things, but every day brought something shockingly beautiful. The beach immediately in front of the property is not good for swimming (making it perfect for whale watching) but at its north end is the 'secret' beach where we spent many happy days playing in the waves. If the relaxation and nature get to be too much, it's a short drive to the touristy pleasures of Todos Santos (or Cabo San Lucas, if you need a full-on tourist bonanza).

The compound itself includes a main house and three casitas surrounding large, beautifully-landscaped grounds with a pool and variety of places to sit, lie in the sun, swing in a hammock, etc either alone or in small-to-medium groups. In addition to the abundant shared space, each casita has private seating on a large front porch. It's hard to find a spot on the grounds from which you *can't* see the ocean as far as you look. The beds in all of the rooms are comfortable, and the place is clean & well-maintained. While each room has at least one resident gecko taking care of bugs and spiders, given the natural setting you will see some insects, so if that freaks you out this isn't the place for you. There's surprisingly good water pressure and availability of hot water given the location.

My group was a particularly-difficult one, as it was a family reunion of family units with different interests, personalities, and peculiarities. Bobbi extended her own room to allow us to fit more people than she can normally accommodate. And she somehow took care of all of us, both before we arrived and throughout our trip. She arranged massages and tours, recommended restaurants and sights, loaned boogie boards, bought groceries, kept the fresh margaritas coming, facilitated beach bonfires, taught us all about the local wildlife, and cooked us some truly amazing meals. As I told her in an email after we returned, while I could easily fantasize about that being my own place it really couldn't have been the same without her there to care for us and guide us.

If you need clean sheets every day of your vacation and are only comfortable dining in places with starched tablecloths, this isn't your joint. Personally, I've traveled pretty extensively and generally prefer to go somewhere and see something new when I get the opportunity. But this place could easily be the exception that I'd look to return to again & again. Thanks, Bobbi, for everything!

Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

Pretty setting; we were promised availability of breakfast and dinner if given 24 hours notice, upon getting there we were told by Bobbi that she wasn't cooking for the week. Yet two other girls showed up and were provided eating availability....we also don't like cockroaches and something eating out of the garbage can under the sink. We had to sleep with the light one. There was no table or chairs in the room to sit at. Worst experience I can mention....the dogs also used the area next to our window to go to the bathroom.

Room Tip: Don't go.
Barbara M, Owner at Baja Beach Oasis, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Not everybody is suited to Baja California, Mexico, or to our glorious private resort. Most call Baja Beach Oasis **PARADISE**, but one must be adventurous, open to new experiences, and willing to go with the local Baja vibe, which is laid back and beach casual. The guest reporting here had multiple problems just getting from the airport to the resort. Later when she inquired about the delicious turkey she smelled cooking, she and her sister were invited to join in our family's Thanksgiving feast as our guests, gratis. Because I fell sick I didnt think I should be cooking and brought in a guest cook for the yoga camp guests...had they asked, the chef would have been more than happy to serve them extraordinary food at reasonable prices. I tried hard to please these guests, but sadly was unable to do enough. The lesson: before coming to Mexico make sure you are open minded, capable to travel, and willing to proceed with a curious and adventurous spirit.
Longmont, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My fiance and I spent 4 days at Baja Beach Oasis. The location is wonderful, very secluded. I loved falling asleep listening to the Pacific waves every night. Our casita was clean and well-supplied. The beach is very close, and while not good for swimming in the winter, was great for walking, and was nearly always completely empty. At night, the stars are amazing, especially from the copper hot tub.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My husband and I had the good fortune to stay with Bobbi for a week back in October of 2013. We had a great adult vacation - sleeping in, swimming, eating Bobbi's delicious food or making a quick trip to Todos Santos. Baja Beach Oasis offers just the right combination of something to do and nothing to do that makes for the ideal vacation. My favorite activity was riding horses on the beach with Bobbi's friend Tracey. The horses were a lot of fun, not your usual horse for hire. Definitely a top 5 destination for us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Baja Beach Oasis? Share your experiences!